Sunday 23rd Sept '07 - Hethel Open Day

Post and Discuss UK-related one-off events here.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Postby ailwyn » Tue 11.09.2007, 21:20

Sy V wrote:Hotel booked


The LEF hotel?
ailwyn
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3361
Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45

Postby rip » Tue 11.09.2007, 23:29

ailwyn wrote:
Sy V wrote:Hotel booked


The LEF hotel?


If I were going, I wuld not have a problem with that. I have found LEF to be a friendly bunch.
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Postby Sy V » Wed 12.09.2007, 11:18

Yep LEF Hotel.
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby ailwyn » Wed 12.09.2007, 14:22

Sy V wrote:Yep LEF Hotel.


:-D See you there
ailwyn
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3361
Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45

Postby Dave Eds » Thu 13.09.2007, 15:27

UPDATE FROM LOTUS


"Just to let you know that ticket sales will end Wednesday 19th - so NEXT
Wednesday."




Any more for any more?

I'll update you on progress made for our display ( not "stand"!) in the next few days :wink:
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby Nige » Fri 14.09.2007, 21:37

All the display stuff from Stoneleigh 2005 and Donington this year (less the big stand used at Stoneleigh) have been handed over to Enright this evening as he happened to be in my part of the world. He will be arriving at Hethel before I do so should be able to hand it over or deliver it to one of the Daves in time to set up the display. I'll burn a DVD of photos and movies as per Donington this year and bring it with me.

See you at Hethel next Sunday.
Last edited by Nige on Sat 15.09.2007, 10:19, edited 1 time in total.
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Postby Dave Eds » Fri 14.09.2007, 22:05

Thanks Nige I'll contact Neil with a view to meet up on the Saturday.

I have sourced projector, flip chart type stands, a table (in addition to the Lotus provided one) but need Neil to provide a laptop.

Neil you have been PM'd.
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby Enright » Fri 14.09.2007, 22:45

Dave I have responded - or is that respuded!
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...! :P

BCingU,
Neil ;-)
User avatar
Enright
Modificator
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: Sun 19.12.2004, 19:21
Location: Arnold, Nottingham, England

Postby Specky » Sat 15.09.2007, 22:06

We got there...

Good skills... See you next week..

TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
User avatar
Specky
Moderator
 
Posts: 5982
Joined: Sun 07.09.2003, 23:19
Location: Swindon

Postby Martin R » Sun 16.09.2007, 09:33

Liz and i will be there and in the Elan now its mobile. We have arranged to go with the MLOC crowd. We will be over to say hello during the day no doubt :D
2 Lotus and ones got to go :-(
Martin R
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat 07.07.2007, 19:49
Location: Birmingham

Postby cjay » Sun 16.09.2007, 11:26

I hope someone is taking a camera and gets lots of pics? If they let cameras in :)

My car will be on display at the All British Car Show here next weekend, it's about as close as I will get to Hethel :wink:
I wonder what color the next one will be?
User avatar
cjay
S2 #475
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Mon 15.11.2004, 12:31
Location: Australia

Postby Specky » Sun 16.09.2007, 13:19

cjay wrote:I hope someone is taking a camera and gets lots of pics? If they let cameras in :)


Lotus have agreed to Non commercial photographs...



TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
User avatar
Specky
Moderator
 
Posts: 5982
Joined: Sun 07.09.2003, 23:19
Location: Swindon

Postby Dave Eds » Mon 17.09.2007, 09:39

I just thought I would clarify the following point after queries raised yesterday:


IF YOU ARRIVE AT HETHEL IN A LOTUS PRODUCT YOU MAY PARK ON THE FACTORY SITE - ALL OTHER VEHICLE TYPES TO PARK AT THE SHOWGROUND.

If you have not got tickets but want some PM me or Dave T or Dave Speck. We have some spares. :wink:

Edit - DTs sold to theelanman, D Eds sold to Nobby! You gotta be quick around here :shock:
Last edited by Dave Eds on Mon 17.09.2007, 13:23, edited 2 times in total.
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby theelanman » Mon 17.09.2007, 11:35

Dave Eds, Dave T and Dave Speck
you have PM and email........
need to get myself booked and stuff today
am in with the LEF boys :-D .....and have booked in for the carvery :-D
cheers
G
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
User avatar
theelanman
Moderator
 
Posts: 7296
Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
Location: peak district

Postby theelanman » Mon 17.09.2007, 12:38

thanks Dave
I'm in at the LEF place......booked a room and food for sat night
cant stay over sunday but am hoping its gonna be a good day
cheers
G
see you there :-D
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
User avatar
theelanman
Moderator
 
Posts: 7296
Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
Location: peak district

Postby Bibs - LEF » Mon 17.09.2007, 21:06

Brilliant work guys, looking forward to seeing you all there :D
Bibs
1989 Esprit Turbo SE & 2010 Evora
User avatar
Bibs - LEF
LEF Founder
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu 15.02.2007, 15:18
Location: Aylesford, Kent

Postby Bibs - LEF » Tue 18.09.2007, 09:34

PS - We're getting a coach sent from Lotus to the Wensum Valley on Sunday morning and I need numbers of those staying there requiring a seat. Please see this thread on LEF and add your name asap.

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ ... opic=12054

Getting excited yet? :D
Bibs
1989 Esprit Turbo SE & 2010 Evora
User avatar
Bibs - LEF
LEF Founder
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu 15.02.2007, 15:18
Location: Aylesford, Kent

Postby theelanman » Tue 18.09.2007, 09:58

bibs
what time is it going back to the wensum tho'?
I will probably be bunking off at about 3pm as it takes me about 4hrs to drive home......
cheers
gareth
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
User avatar
theelanman
Moderator
 
Posts: 7296
Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
Location: peak district

Postby Bibs - LEF » Tue 18.09.2007, 10:03

I would have thought that it would be at the end of the day so later than you need to leave.

I'm not sure if there will be a plethora of coaches on a kind of 'ferry' sketch to and from the showground all day which may head to the Wensum instead for you but it may be a bit of a risk if you chance that option.
Bibs
1989 Esprit Turbo SE & 2010 Evora
User avatar
Bibs - LEF
LEF Founder
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu 15.02.2007, 15:18
Location: Aylesford, Kent

Postby theelanman » Tue 18.09.2007, 11:35

bibs
in that case Ive got a spare seat for the LEF convoy...thats if the LEC boys are allowed to tag along :-D .....
cheers
g
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
User avatar
theelanman
Moderator
 
Posts: 7296
Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
Location: peak district

PreviousNext

Return to Events - U.K.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests