East Mids or thereabouts

Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Postby GeoffSmith » Wed 03.10.2007, 21:13

Where should I stick this? :lol:
Attachments
North-EastMidlandsWestMeetingSoutherlyBranch-October.jpg
North-EastMidlandsWestMeetingSoutherlyBranch-October.jpg (20.96 KiB) Viewed 4439 times
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby Dave Eds » Wed 03.10.2007, 21:21

geoffsmith wrote:Where should I stick this? :lol:


Under "Pictures" ?
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby GeoffSmith » Wed 03.10.2007, 21:25

So where was the mystery guest? All I can see is a git of a pest. :wink:
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby Dave Eds » Wed 03.10.2007, 21:30

geoffsmith wrote:So where was the mystery guest? All I can see is a git of a pest. :wink:


The mystery guest was the guy who turned up in the Esprit one night early for a Club Lotus Scalextric Night! :burnout:


:-D

and I checked the spelling of Scalextric
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby Gary » Wed 03.10.2007, 21:56

It seems that all the fun is being moderated out of this forum....
Ex owner of S2 no 480 and Red SE
User avatar
Gary
God
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 18:04
Location: Rutland

Postby Paul.P » Wed 03.10.2007, 22:05

Gary wrote:It seems that all the fun is being moderated out of this forum....


That was what i was trying to say !, i can understand on other threads we don't just want them full of crap, but it appears we are doing no harm in the East Midland thread, so what does it matter.
JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
Paul.P
God
 
Posts: 4970
Joined: Sun 14.12.2003, 18:18
Location: Oakham, Rutland

Postby Dave Eds » Wed 03.10.2007, 22:07

Shall I rename the thread accordingly then?
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby ailwyn » Wed 03.10.2007, 22:14

Final time....

This is all about a NEW EM thread that was started, which has now been locked, and is staying locked, and any more duplicate threads will be locked.

I, nor (as far as I'm aware) anyone else, has done anything to this thread, all I've done is pointed out that the banter makes the relevant parts to the EM meet invisible amongst the crap.

With a day of permanent whining you'd swear you'd been banned from using the EM thread. Like I said earlier, if you want a dedicated picture thread, create one, but mark it as such and don't post crap, keep that in this thread or create a new one in the dark side.... for all of the reasoning see my earlier posts.

Nuff said? :banghead:
ailwyn
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3361
Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45

Postby Paul.P » Wed 03.10.2007, 22:44

Ailwyn, i accept what you say about the new thread that was started, & am PLEASED that you have agreed to leave our original thread alone. This forum has moved on, & the east midland group is by far the biggest active group in the uk. We subscribe to most group buy's, & help where we can with advice & parts, & all we want to do is talk amongst each other on our own thread.

Nuff said ! :banghead:
JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
Paul.P
God
 
Posts: 4970
Joined: Sun 14.12.2003, 18:18
Location: Oakham, Rutland

Postby Dico » Thu 04.10.2007, 05:34

Paul.P wrote:& help where we can

Oh I do like to start the day with a chuckle :smt081
Nice one from one half of the 'Ruttle brothers'

Anyway, must be off, three rips to deliver to jockland/geordieland.
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
User avatar
Dico
Fool Boy Four - Founder
 
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
Location: Moderator Manchester

Postby ailwyn » Thu 04.10.2007, 09:12

Do I assume you've finished with this thread?

http://www.lotuselancentral.com/forum/v ... hp?t=10810

One or the other will be locked by the end of the day.

Ailwyn
ailwyn
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3361
Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45

Postby Gary » Thu 04.10.2007, 09:16

Why???
Ex owner of S2 no 480 and Red SE
User avatar
Gary
God
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 18:04
Location: Rutland

Postby ailwyn » Thu 04.10.2007, 09:26

Gary wrote:Why???


Again, how many active threads do there need to be for the EM regular meet??

Either stick to one thread and whoever started it can change the title to reflect the next date and venue (which I thought was the procedure already agreed) or face having old threads locked - although I don't see why the EM regional meet should get any preferential treatment over West Mids, Southern or Bollecks :?
ailwyn
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3361
Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45

Postby Dave Eds » Thu 04.10.2007, 09:33

ailwyn wrote:
Gary wrote:Why???


Again, how many active threads do there need to be for the EM regular meet??

Either stick to one thread and whoever started it can change the title to reflect the next date and venue (which I thought was the procedure already agreed) or face having old threads locked - although I don't see why the EM regional meet should get any preferential treatment over West Mids, Southern or Bollecks :?


Ailwyn,

As I started this thread I'll amend the title for the next meet. Please do not lock it. (lesson learnt from Sy when he locked the previous thread as I had mistakenly started a new one :oops: )

Do as you will with Gary's thread - I'll leave that to you and Gary to resolve.

Thanks,

Dave.
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby Sy V » Thu 04.10.2007, 09:46

Thanks Dave.

Gary

We're changing thread titles for the next meetings. Not starting new threads each time.
This was agreed last month during your sabbatical.
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby Gary » Thu 04.10.2007, 12:28

I would have thought it was better to start a new one for each meet. That was people don't have to wade through so much rubbish !!

But who am I?
Ex owner of S2 no 480 and Red SE
User avatar
Gary
God
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 18:04
Location: Rutland

Postby Dave Eds » Thu 04.10.2007, 12:34

Gary wrote:I would have thought it was better to start a new one for each meet. That was people don't have to wade through so much rubbish !!

But who am I?


Stop posting Crap and take another sabbatical then :roll:
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby ailwyn » Thu 04.10.2007, 12:40

Gary wrote:people don't have to wade through so much rubbish !!


I think we might have had an epiphany :lol:

Thanks Dave,

I will lock Gary's thread.

Ailwyn
ailwyn
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3361
Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45

Postby Sy V » Thu 04.10.2007, 13:18

Gary wrote:I would have thought it was better to start a new one for each meet.


Then have a look at all of the remnants of time-expired threads in the original events section.

Gary wrote:That was people don't have to wade through so much rubbish !!


This way, there are only about 8-9 threads to chose from and you can go to the last page of each thread, having noted the venue/date from the title.

Gary wrote:But who am I?


That depends who you ask ;-), but to me you're a valued member of the forum. Which is why I don't mind repeating my reasoning for your benefit.
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby DaveT » Thu 04.10.2007, 13:24

ailwyn wrote:
I think we might have had an epiphany :lol: Ailwyn



I had one of those and it doesnt half hurt when you go for a pee!!!!
User avatar
DaveT
Sadly departed but never forgotten
 
Posts: 2183
Joined: Fri 04.11.2005, 17:35
Location: Lincs

PreviousNext

Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest