Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)
Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
by muley » Thu 04.10.2007, 10:50
Small gathering last night;
muley
Chris
Mark
Rob
Michelle
Highlight of the evening was watching Chris put his hood up in a shade under 8 minutes !
Kitty now at £5.40
Dave - I've still got your bits
Bye for now
Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
-
muley
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 4523
- Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
- Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach
by markv » Thu 04.10.2007, 12:43
Thanks for following me home Jim - my voltmeter was reading under 11v by the time I got back, and my lights didn't seem that bright. I hope to have the new alternator fitted by the next meet.
Regards
Mark/.
-

markv
- God
-
- Posts: 926
- Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
- Location: Nottingham, UK
by Specky » Thu 04.10.2007, 18:09
muley wrote:
Dave - I've still got your bits
Jim
Cheers Jim... I owe you a pint or two...
I will make it to one soon...
TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
-

Specky
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 5982
- Joined: Sun 07.09.2003, 23:19
- Location: Swindon
by ailwyn » Thu 04.10.2007, 21:45
markv wrote:I hope to have the new alternator fitted by the next meet.
Mark,
Let me know that everything is ok with the alternator when you get it fitted, I don't know of one that's been fitted yet from the group buy

-
ailwyn
- Forum Member
-
- Posts: 3361
- Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45
by markv » Thu 04.10.2007, 22:09
ailwyn wrote:Let me know that everything is ok with the alternator when you get it fitted, I don't know of one that's been fitted yet from the group buy

Will do - hoping to get it booked in within the next couple of weeks.
Regards
Mark/.
-

markv
- God
-
- Posts: 926
- Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
- Location: Nottingham, UK
by NickHawk » Wed 10.10.2007, 17:42
Hi All
Time marches on (although I have been away) its time to get my act together and organise the LEC Southern Xmas lunch.
The date muted was Sunday 9th Dec and there are 2 venue suggestions so far. They are The Chequers in Ropley near Four Marks and/or The Filly Inn south of Brokenhurst in the New Forest.
I will drive over to the Chequers and get their menu. The Filly Inn are sending me their menu, it sounds very nice and includes Xmas lunch, specials and a Sunday carvery.
If you could indicate if you have a preferred venue and/or likely numbers who may be going that would be great.
(Un) Fortunately as Lynne and I are off to Canada on the 14th Dec we have already run out of days to see all our relatives prior to going away. Therefore we will not be able to be there (9th) for this lunch however I am happy to organise it for those of you who can make it.
Regards
Nick Hawkins
(ps: sorry I also posted this as a new subject)
Silver M100 SE - Still For Sale sort of!
-

NickHawk
- Tinkerer
-
- Posts: 87
- Joined: Tue 02.05.2006, 19:18
- Location: Camberley Surrey UK
by ailwyn » Wed 10.10.2007, 17:53
Nick,
I have locked the other topic.
Ailwyn
-
ailwyn
- Forum Member
-
- Posts: 3361
- Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45
by NickHawk » Wed 10.10.2007, 19:49
Thanks Ailwyn!!!
Ladies, gents (and StevieShag) having just returned from the Chequers I would suggest this is not a venue suitable for LEC lunch, dinner or pretty much anything.
Next week the pub changes hands! Someone needs to spend a serious amount of money to improve it (threadbare carpets, smell of stale smoke, dirty tables etc. Its a shame as it is such a nice looking pub from the outside.
Looks like the Filly is the current favourite?
Nick
Silver M100 SE - Still For Sale sort of!
-

NickHawk
- Tinkerer
-
- Posts: 87
- Joined: Tue 02.05.2006, 19:18
- Location: Camberley Surrey UK
by Nige » Wed 10.10.2007, 23:30
Nick, damn decent of you to organise particularly as you won't be there.
Brockenhurst would work well for me but I can cope with most plans!
Back in Blighty
-

Nige
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 3030
- Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
- Location: Dorset and Surrey
by NickHawk » Thu 11.10.2007, 18:55
Menu from the Filly attached £18.95
I changed this from .cdoc to a .jpg anyone have a clue how to inset these into this text?
- Attachments
-
2007-10-11_185052.jpg
- (88.98 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Silver M100 SE - Still For Sale sort of!
-

NickHawk
- Tinkerer
-
- Posts: 87
- Joined: Tue 02.05.2006, 19:18
- Location: Camberley Surrey UK
by chris.t » Sat 13.10.2007, 08:02
Nick is the menu for our approval or do you want us to give you our orders based on it?
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
-

chris.t
- God
-
- Posts: 3671
- Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
- Location: Storrington, West Sussex
by NickHawk » Mon 15.10.2007, 09:06
Hi Menu is for review.
If you are all happy to go to the Filly I will reserve it. If you wish for another venue let me know. I thought last years venue in Lasham was good so prehaps that could be the other choice?
Assume so far we have:
Nige + 1?
Chris and Derdrie (sorry if I have spelt that wrong)
Jim and (Mrs Mully)
Regards
Nick
Silver M100 SE - Still For Sale sort of!
-

NickHawk
- Tinkerer
-
- Posts: 87
- Joined: Tue 02.05.2006, 19:18
- Location: Camberley Surrey UK
by chris.t » Mon 15.10.2007, 11:04
Nick, is there somewhere more central cos brokenhurst is quite a distance. just my personal thoughts and quite frankly i will go with the majority view anyway. Could make a bit of a run of it i guess

Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
-

chris.t
- God
-
- Posts: 3671
- Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
- Location: Storrington, West Sussex
by NickHawk » Tue 16.10.2007, 18:04
I am happy to sort something anywhere!
Jim had suggested The Filly. I am not sure where central would be for everyone, anyone have any thoughts on what is the central location?
I would think somewhere between Wokingham and Bognor??? Could probably be somewhere south of Guildford perhaps Godalming type area?
Any thoughts - answers on a postcard please.
Regards
Nick
Silver M100 SE - Still For Sale sort of!
-

NickHawk
- Tinkerer
-
- Posts: 87
- Joined: Tue 02.05.2006, 19:18
- Location: Camberley Surrey UK
by Specky » Tue 16.10.2007, 22:29
Don't forget us M40 bound boys.....
Oxford or Reading is good...
TTFN
Any thing is cool , Good skills
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
-

Specky
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 5982
- Joined: Sun 07.09.2003, 23:19
- Location: Swindon
by Dave Eds » Tue 16.10.2007, 22:42
NickHawk wrote:Hi Menu is for review.
If you are all happy to go to the Filly I will reserve it. If you wish for another venue let me know. I thought last years venue in Lasham was good so prehaps that could be the other choice?
Assume so far we have:
Nige + 1?
Chris and Deirdre (sorry if I have spelt that wrong)
Jim and (Mrs Mully)
Regards
Nick
Looks good to me :wink:
-

Dave Eds
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 5136
- Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
- Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else
by chris.t » Tue 16.10.2007, 22:54
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
-

chris.t
- God
-
- Posts: 3671
- Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
- Location: Storrington, West Sussex
by rjbean » Thu 18.10.2007, 13:02
Hello, sorry we won't be able to make it thhis year. We fly to the maldives on the 9th
-

rjbean
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 531
- Joined: Sun 18.04.2004, 08:41
- Location: West Sussex
by chris.t » Thu 18.10.2007, 18:08
rjbean wrote:Hello, sorry we won't be able to make it thhis year. We fly to the maldives on the 9th
now what the fcuk do you want to go there for

Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
-

chris.t
- God
-
- Posts: 3671
- Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
- Location: Storrington, West Sussex
by stevieshag » Fri 19.10.2007, 12:39
Hi Gang,
Good of you nik to organise years lunch, i cannot do the 9th dec this year, wrong shift, i am working all wknd. Thanks for checking out the chequers, your right it does look good from outside. Wherever you go guys & gals have a great time.
stevie
oh summer!! the time to go topless...
black lotus elan se (kermit)
Mitsibushi outlander
suzuki gsx 750 W (Gonzo)
-
stevieshag
- God
-
- Posts: 756
- Joined: Sat 10.07.2004, 23:30
- Location: stonehenge
-
Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests