East Mids or thereabouts

Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Postby DaveT » Wed 07.11.2007, 09:49

8)

Just to point out, I wasnt at Stoneleigh so wasnt part of any chat- unless you count a phone call to Dave Eds.


Gary- Upware is not hundreds of miles from you-it works out to about an hour for each of us.


Rip- those of us who actually like to drive our cars will be doing something soooon!!!!
User avatar
DaveT
Sadly departed but never forgotten
 
Posts: 2183
Joined: Fri 04.11.2005, 17:35
Location: Lincs

Postby rip » Wed 07.11.2007, 10:06

DaveT wrote:8)


Rip- those of us who actually like to drive our cars will be doing something soooon!!!!


I hope it won't be too soon because I have not got my rad fixed yet. I am working on it though. I can't take too long over it otherwise Kimbers will never let me live it down. :D
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Postby rip » Wed 07.11.2007, 10:12

Gary wrote:
Suggest we should have a vote of the options then...


I vote we do some hooning together for a change. It's what the Lotus is all about after all.
Hooning along the A14 to Suffolk's county town would do fine, except that DaveT is already there.
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Postby Dico » Wed 07.11.2007, 12:17

I like curry :(

Any chance of knocking me up a portion Dave? I'll pick it up one tuesday.
Peshwari nan would be good too :P

Trouble is Jack, they don't drive their cars like me and you!
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
User avatar
Dico
Fool Boy Four - Founder
 
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
Location: Moderator Manchester

Postby rip » Wed 07.11.2007, 12:20

rip wrote:
Gary wrote:
Suggest we should have a vote of the options then...


I vote we do some hooning together for a change. It's what the Lotus is all about after all.
Hooning along the A14 to Suffolk's county town would do fine, except that DaveT is already there.


I don't want to be misunderstood. The problem about DaveT already being there is that he would not be able to hoon with us for very long, and I am sure he would want to more than most.
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Postby Dave Eds » Wed 07.11.2007, 14:47

My suggestion ( as I wont be there anyway :wink: )

Gary - just book The Crown for 1/12/07 for the ones who have confirmed before they cant cope (if it's not already too late!).

rip - if you want to hoon then you've outgrown the normal East Mids concept of eat, drink, banter :wink: . Go with the flow on this and maybe join the LEF's AEG meet'n'hoons and then we'll do another of DT's jaunts in a central location for those that want to and aren't restricted at weekend's by other hobbies and children etc ,etc. (We all have to balance according to our family commitments etc - some of us just aren't good at it :roll: ).

Dico - any Tuesday you want a curry give me a call :D

Dave T -your curry offer is graciously received but appears not to be practical for some. Upware was a good idea but if people cant/wont travel then.... :cry:

Russ - get an Elan and then you can drive it :-D
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby rip » Wed 07.11.2007, 15:34

Dave Eds wrote:
rip - if you want to hoon then you've outgrown the normal East Mids concept of eat, drink, banter :wink: . Go with the flow on this and maybe join the LEF's AEG meet'n'hoons



Does that mean I should also replace The Exploding Elan with an Esprit? I would like one, but cannot afford both for the forseeable future...and I don't want to get rid of the Elan.

Dave Eds wrote:
Russ - get an Elan and then you can drive it :-D


:agree: :goodposting:

Preferably an intact one. How about trying to build one out of the bits you have collected :? :shock:
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Postby Paul.P » Wed 07.11.2007, 18:20

God strewth, you lot can talk, especially you Rippers :!: :lol:
Must admit, i did think ( don't know where from ? ), this meet was gonna be at Elton, & that the long suffering women we're being treated this time, & they wouldn't want to do a lot of hooning ( WTF's HOONING ? ).
I have to agree with Dave Eds, having another serious hobby, does restrict my elan activities at weekends, but hey, we do what we can !
JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
Paul.P
God
 
Posts: 4970
Joined: Sun 14.12.2003, 18:18
Location: Oakham, Rutland

Postby Dico » Wed 07.11.2007, 19:00

I still fancy a curry!

I'm blooming starvin!!!

Eddy, fancy a hot one with a couple of scoops of ale?
We could have a regular Tuesday curry night :P Anyone else? Mr P? :lol:
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
User avatar
Dico
Fool Boy Four - Founder
 
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
Location: Moderator Manchester

Postby Gary » Wed 07.11.2007, 19:13

Right then. I've booked The Crown at Elton to east at 1 Oclock (so suggest arrival from 12 onwards - they made their normal fuss about no being able to cope with the numbers - I just told them we don't care).

So I think we have confirmed for Elton
1.sbk
2.mrssbk
3.PaulP
4.MrsPaulP?
5.Gary
6.MrsGary
7.JohnW
8.MrsJohnW
9.JOSS (depends on work?)
10.Raina(depends if she still fits in an Elan?)

add your names if you want.

and if you 'hooners' want to organise a meet (either same day or different) somewhere else then go ahead!
Ex owner of S2 no 480 and Red SE
User avatar
Gary
God
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 18:04
Location: Rutland

Postby sideburn Kid » Wed 07.11.2007, 19:17

Gary wrote:Right then. I've booked The Crown at Elton to east at 1 Oclock (so suggest arrival from 12 onwards - they made their normal fuss about no being able to cope with the numbers - I just told them we don't care).

So I think we have confirmed for Elton
1.sbk
2.mrssbk
3.PaulP
4.MrsPaulP?
5.Gary
6.MrsGary
7.JohnW
8.MrsJohnW
9.JOSS (depends on work?)
10.Raina(depends if she still fits in an Elan?)

add your names if you want.

and if you 'hooners' want to organise a meet (either same day or different) somewhere else then go ahead!



can i just add that it would be nice to see all faces at meet as it will be the last one for a while :) :)
User avatar
sideburn Kid
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat 20.01.2007, 20:49
Location: asfordby

Postby Gary » Wed 07.11.2007, 19:31

Yep all Elan owners welcome :poke:
Ex owner of S2 no 480 and Red SE
User avatar
Gary
God
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 18:04
Location: Rutland

Postby sideburn Kid » Wed 07.11.2007, 19:42

do you own a elan mate? yes sorry its that red one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
sideburn Kid
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat 20.01.2007, 20:49
Location: asfordby

Postby Paul.P » Wed 07.11.2007, 19:43

Mrs P confirmed !.
Somebody gonna speak english & tell me wtf Hooning is ?

1.sbk
2.mrssbk
3.PaulP
4.MrsPaulP
5.Gary
6.MrsGary
7.JohnW
8.MrsJohnW
9.JOSS (depends on work?)
10.Raina(depends if she still fits in an Elan?)
JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
Paul.P
God
 
Posts: 4970
Joined: Sun 14.12.2003, 18:18
Location: Oakham, Rutland

Postby Dico » Wed 07.11.2007, 19:51

Hooning = Curry
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
User avatar
Dico
Fool Boy Four - Founder
 
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
Location: Moderator Manchester

Postby Paul.P » Wed 07.11.2007, 19:57

Dico wrote:Hooning = Curry


Naaaa, don't believe you :!:

Where's ripster when you need him ?
JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
Paul.P
God
 
Posts: 4970
Joined: Sun 14.12.2003, 18:18
Location: Oakham, Rutland

Postby rip » Wed 07.11.2007, 19:59

Gary wrote:Right then. I've booked The Crown at Elton to east at 1 Oclock (so suggest arrival from 12 onwards - they made their normal fuss about no being able to cope with the numbers - I just told them we don't care).

So I think we have confirmed for Elton
1.sbk
2.mrssbk
3.PaulP
4.MrsPaulP?
5.Gary
6.MrsGary
7.JohnW
8.MrsJohnW
9.JOSS (depends on work?)
10.Raina(depends if she still fits in an Elan?)

add your names if you want.

and if you 'hooners' want to organise a meet (either same day or different) somewhere else then go ahead!


DaveT and I already had added our names. I don't recall Dave asking to be removed, and I certainly didn't. :(

Do you mind if I put the real list back?

1.sbk
2.mrssbk
3.PaulP
3MrsPaulP?
4.DaveT
5.DaveEds?
6.Gary
7.MrsGary
8.JohnW
9.MrsJohnW
10.JOSS (depends on work?)
11.Raina(depends if she still fits in an Elan?)
12.rip

Have you not seen the definition of hooning in the dictionary? Hoon (hõõn)(verb) To have fun driving a Lotus. A pastime better enjoyed as a collective.. That's the LEF dictionary.

We could meet somewhere about 10 miles down the road, then all hoon to the pub together.
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Postby Dico » Wed 07.11.2007, 20:00

Like I said last night ducky, 'you aint lived much' especialy for an old guy!

Better watch out, Janitor Jones will be along shortly 8)
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
User avatar
Dico
Fool Boy Four - Founder
 
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
Location: Moderator Manchester

Postby Dave Eds » Wed 07.11.2007, 20:01

Dico wrote:Hooning = Curry


A hoon - an LEF/Pistonhaeds term for belting around as fast as you can in a nice fast car with your mates in theirs and not getting caught for something you know you didn't do but others might think you did ie 71mph in a 70mph limit etc :shock:

Paul - you and me would call it driving like a **** (but hey what fun) :wink:
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby JOSLER » Wed 07.11.2007, 20:05

Hooning ? I looked in the dictionary, nothing in there. :smt017
1991 Calypso Red SE
User avatar
JOSLER
Fanatic
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat 21.10.2006, 15:29
Location: ST.NEOTS/CAMBS

PreviousNext

Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests