Gary wrote:We told you that, it was because of there where 2 fat bastards in it.
Fat, yes !, bastards, ?, i know Russells a useless bugger sometimes, but he ain't a bastard !
| Home | WikiLEC | Repairs | Upgrades | Gallery | Buy & Sell | Mountain Chips | Meets & Events | Contact |
|
Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
Gary wrote:We told you that, it was because of there where 2 fat bastards in it.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1901827 wrote:Ditch the Bailey and get the TT 710N
Dear All 1.8T Owners,
Yesterday I had my car chipped by J3 Motorsport in Buford GA. The guys were really nice and they checked out my car before the chip and they said loose the Bailey diverter. They said that they have known several people who have blown their turbo with this specific diverter valve I had installed. They also highly recommended the 225 TT (710N). At first I was like OK they are trying to get me to buy a different one (up sell). I didn't believe them, but after the chip job I noticed that the Bailey couldn't hold the pressure at all. Surge, hesitation, and pulsing alerted me that something was drastically wrong. The power after the flash was incredible, but it would drop out with any, and I mean any, hesitation in the throttle (dump the charge) and put my face in the windshield . Unfortunately they were closing when I left so I couldn't call them. I called them this morning and they said "so do you believe us now????
This afternoon I went by Jim Ellis and bought a TT 225 (710N) diverter valve and installed it. My GLI is smooth right through red line and normal driving now. The SOB only cost $43 compared to the $120.00 I spent on the Bailey. Live and learn I guess. Just passing on some leasons learned to all the newbies (i.e. myself) and others. Hope this helps.
Bypass/Diverter Valve $39.95
The bypass/diverter valve for 1.8T motors is intended to recirculate pressurized intake air when the throttle body is closed to prevent the turbo compressor from stalling. The latest "710N" valve, as it is commonly known, helps reduce surging that may occur when modifying your 1.8T's engine. The 710N valve has a 14.4 lb. spring internally rather than an 8.8 lb. spring found in the earlier Golf, Jetta & New Beetle 1.8T motors as well as in all B5 Passat & Audi A4 1.8T applications.
This is the latest version made by Bosch and is used on 2002> transverse 1.8T models. If you own a pre-2002 Golf, Jetta, Beetle 1.8T or any model year B5 Passat or Audi A4 1.8T, consider upgrading to this factory installed remedy.
Monty wrote:Paul,
How does he know it's dumping to early? the best way to tell is to do a dyno with and without or take her for a run then remove the DV and use a blanking plug and do another run to see if u can feel any difference.
Gary wrote:Maybe I just don't get excited about a few bits of metal which have been painted silver !
Return to Projects - Car (Major)
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests