Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)
Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
by markv » Sun 30.12.2007, 00:38
A Happy New Year to all. I plan to be there on the 2nd (thanks Jim!

). Thanks for the petrol tank offer Steve - I'll be filling her up for the first time on the way to the Royal Oak, so will know whether I need to take you up on the offer by the time I get to the pub!
Last edited by
markv on Sun 30.12.2007, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
Mark/.
-

markv
- God
-
- Posts: 926
- Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
- Location: Nottingham, UK
by muley » Sun 30.12.2007, 10:57
markv wrote:A Happy New Year to all. I plan to be there on the 3rd. Thanks for the petrol tank offer Steve - I'll be filling her up for the first time on the way to the Royal Oak, so will know whether I need to take you up on the offer by the time I get to the pub!
Just to clarify;
The meeting wil be on Wednesday January
2nd. at the Royal Oak - the pub where we enjoyed a splendid Xmas Lunch.
See you there
Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
-
muley
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 4524
- Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
- Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach
by Specky » Sun 30.12.2007, 20:00
K
CUL8R
TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
-

Specky
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 5982
- Joined: Sun 07.09.2003, 23:19
- Location: Swindon
by chris.t » Mon 31.12.2007, 12:14
yep i'll be there, i'm going to try the back route which on paper is much shorter in miles but alot more fiddley so will probably take longer. still it might be more interesting than blatting it on the A31
Happy new year Guys!!!
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
-

chris.t
- God
-
- Posts: 3671
- Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
- Location: Storrington, West Sussex
by DaveT » Mon 31.12.2007, 13:27
Sorry I wont be there this time- still on my death bed- if you come across a pair of lungs- not required by current owner I'll have them.
D
-

DaveT
- Sadly departed but never forgotten
-
- Posts: 2183
- Joined: Fri 04.11.2005, 17:35
- Location: Lincs
by GeoffSmith » Mon 31.12.2007, 13:39
Calypso Red S2 #417
USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
-

GeoffSmith
- Kitty Fiddler
-
- Posts: 15628
- Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
- Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire
-
by NickHawk » Mon 31.12.2007, 16:22
Not sure what the above photos is? Am I being thicker than normal?
Hope you all had a wonderful time over Xmas, We are just off to start New Years Eve (at 4pm!) Think I will be suffering a major hangover to start off the New Year.
We should be at the Royal Oak on Wednesday but will not be staying late. I will e-mail Georgie to let her know the Lotus's are coming.
Regards and Happy New Year
Nick (and Lynne)
Silver M100 SE - Still For Sale sort of!
-

NickHawk
- Tinkerer
-
- Posts: 87
- Joined: Tue 02.05.2006, 19:18
- Location: Camberley Surrey UK
by rjbean » Wed 02.01.2008, 10:29
Hi all, hope merry ones were had by all. I'm afraid I'm not sure if I'll be able to make tonight yet or not. Went to use the elan and give her a birthday but the battery was flat since not being able to use her since before out honemoon

Still won't take long to fire her up... hopefully.
-

rjbean
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 531
- Joined: Sun 18.04.2004, 08:41
- Location: West Sussex
by muley » Thu 03.01.2008, 09:49
Excellent turnout last night. Good of you all to brave the bitter weather.
RO was OK-ish - could have been warmer and we could have had a better barman (boy?) Ham, Egg and Chips looked good, though.
Shall we stick with the RO?
Present;
Jim*
Dave S*
Stevie & Tracey
Chris T
Nick & Lynne
Mark*
Nige*
Rob S*
Rob & Michelle
Thanks to Paul/Nige for the DVD
Thanks to Stevie for the pics - much appreciated
Kitty was left at £9.10 - for the kitty people ...
Hope you all got home safely.
Until next time, rgds
Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
-
muley
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 4524
- Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
- Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach
by stevieshag » Thu 03.01.2008, 21:04
Hi Great to see everyone at Royal Oak, hope everyone got home safely.
KITTY...?
The kitty although seems a reasonable idea it never seems to work out right, as some people turn up early who dont hold the kitty & get their own drinks, or people may put into the kitty & not turn up for a few meetings.
What are peoples thoughts on this.?
oh summer!! the time to go topless...
black lotus elan se (kermit)
Mitsibushi outlander
suzuki gsx 750 W (Gonzo)
-
stevieshag
- God
-
- Posts: 756
- Joined: Sat 10.07.2004, 23:30
- Location: stonehenge
-
by muley » Thu 03.01.2008, 21:21
stevieshag wrote:Hi Great to see everyone at Royal Oak, hope everyone got home safely.
KITTY...?
The kitty although seems a reasonable idea it never seems to work out right, as some people turn up early who dont hold the kitty & get their own drinks, or people may put into the kitty & not turn up for a few meetings.
What are peoples thoughts on this.?
I agree the kitty system needs an overhaul ... ... or scrapping.
Perhaps we should have smaller groups of 'round buyers'?
Bye for now
Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
-
muley
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 4524
- Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
- Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach
by chris.t » Thu 03.01.2008, 22:07
if you come late buy your drink out of a fiver and put the change in the kitty. DS bought me a drink which i thought was from the kitty and i feel right guilty.
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
-

chris.t
- God
-
- Posts: 3671
- Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
- Location: Storrington, West Sussex
by markv » Thu 03.01.2008, 23:27
chris.t wrote:if you come late buy your drink out of a fiver and put the change in the kitty..
I usually arrive late and that's exactly what I do. Works for me, but I'll go along with any system agreed.
BTW, any luck with the router Chris?
Regards
Mark/.
-

markv
- God
-
- Posts: 926
- Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
- Location: Nottingham, UK
by chris.t » Fri 04.01.2008, 09:56
markv wrote:chris.t wrote:if you come late buy your drink out of a fiver and put the change in the kitty..
I usually arrive late and that's exactly what I do. Works for me, but I'll go along with any system agreed.
BTW, any luck with the router Chris?
to busy at the mo to gobble up time fiddling around with the router, currently on a hard wired modem which has got me out of trouble. will be having a look over the w/e though. disconnected the router altogether hoping that it work when i reconnect.
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
-

chris.t
- God
-
- Posts: 3671
- Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
- Location: Storrington, West Sussex
by muley » Fri 04.01.2008, 10:05
chris.t wrote:if you come late buy your drink out of a fiver and put the change in the kitty. DS bought me a drink which i thought was from the kitty and i feel right guilty.
Well, he didn't buy me one!
Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
-
muley
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 4524
- Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
- Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach
by Specky » Fri 04.01.2008, 12:23
muley wrote:chris.t wrote:if you come late buy your drink out of a fiver and put the change in the kitty. DS bought me a drink which i thought was from the kitty and i feel right guilty.
Well, he didn't buy me one!
Jim
I got the first round in...
That's why I had to turn down your kind offer...
TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
-

Specky
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 5982
- Joined: Sun 07.09.2003, 23:19
- Location: Swindon
by chris.t » Sat 05.01.2008, 20:28
hey mark i'm still going on the wireless - looking good
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
-

chris.t
- God
-
- Posts: 3671
- Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
- Location: Storrington, West Sussex
by rjbean » Mon 07.01.2008, 10:19
Thanks for a great evening everyone and thanks again for the wedding present. It was very kind and totally unexpected. We both like house of fraser so will enjoy looking to see what to buy. Thanks again.
Jump started my elan at the weekend after not using her since early november and she started instantly. Had a nice long drive to charge the battery and all was very well

Although when I drove her early sunday morning I smart at how cold the seats were so, I too, may be fitting heated seats.
-

rjbean
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 531
- Joined: Sun 18.04.2004, 08:41
- Location: West Sussex
by Kier » Mon 14.01.2008, 00:08
stevieshag wrote: people may put into the kitty & not turn up for a few meetings.
Damn right stevie, I'm sure I'm still owed about 40p from a couple of years back, with interest that must be close to 46p by now! By the time I move back to Bournemouth I'm expecting it to be about 50p.....looking forwards to that discounted beer

-

Kier
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 358
- Joined: Wed 13.07.2005, 20:48
- Location: Bournemouth
by muley » Mon 14.01.2008, 08:42
Kier wrote:stevieshag wrote: people may put into the kitty & not turn up for a few meetings.
Damn right stevie, I'm sure I'm still owed about 40p from a couple of years back, with interest that must be close to 46p by now! By the time I move back to Bournemouth I'm expecting it to be about 50p.....looking forwards to that discounted beer

Kier.
Actually it was 39p. We're not mean though, we might top the amount up from the kitty and buy you a half.
Hope all is well, have a good 2008
Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
-
muley
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 4524
- Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
- Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach
Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests