SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of Month

Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Postby markv » Mon 03.03.2008, 11:42

I'll be there on Wednesday Chris. Stevie, you have a PM.

Also hoping to get someone to pick up a Polo Shirt at Donny for me.
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

Postby stevieshag » Tue 04.03.2008, 11:22

We will be there, hopefully in kermit. wont be a late one for us as we have to be up at 5am for work on thurs..

Got your assam Chris,
Got your everyday Nick & Rob (shep)

No banana sticks in shop Mark, but i do have some banana drink, i will bring it along.

stevie
oh summer!! the time to go topless...


black lotus elan se (kermit)
Mitsibushi outlander
suzuki gsx 750 W (Gonzo)
stevieshag
God
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Sat 10.07.2004, 23:30
Location: stonehenge

Postby chris.t » Tue 04.03.2008, 11:25

stevieshag wrote:We will be there, hopefully in kermit. wont be a late one for us as we have to be up at 5am for work on thurs..

Got your assam Chris,
Got your everyday Nick & Rob (shep)

No banana sticks in shop Mark, but i do have some banana drink, i will bring it along.

stevie

your a star, dee was going all panicky :lol: i have to be up early too. got to be over the other side of norwich by 10 (4 hour drive dependant on traffic) :cry:
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Postby markv » Tue 04.03.2008, 17:03

stevieshag wrote:We will be there, hopefully in kermit. wont be a late one for us as we have to be up at 5am for work on thurs..

No banana sticks in shop Mark, but i do have some banana drink, i will bring it along.

stevie


Thanks stevie

I have an early start on Thursday as well.

I'm still planning on coming in the Elan, Chris (with some extra bottles of water in the boot!)
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

Postby markv » Sat 08.03.2008, 01:41

Not so many this month: Chris And Dee, Steve and Tracey, Rob S* and me*. Plus Spencer, a colleague of mine who owns an Esprit V8, and someone in the pub who overheard the Lotus connection and likes the cars.

Two Elans (*) in total.

The kitty is unchanged at £7.65
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

Postby Nige » Sun 09.03.2008, 01:01

I hope to be there next (Apr) month.
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Postby muley » Tue 11.03.2008, 08:43

Nige wrote:I hope to be there next (Apr) month.



Me,too!


Jim


p.s. see you at donny!
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4524
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Postby muley » Mon 31.03.2008, 19:16

** bump **

I don't think Lotusnick and Stevieshag can make it - but I'm planning on going (to the ROYAL OAK - or Pheasant Plucker ..)

Anyone else?

Bye for now




Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4524
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Postby chris.t » Mon 31.03.2008, 19:30

I'll be there Jim and I think Mark will be as well as i picked up a shirt for him at dony
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Postby Kier » Mon 31.03.2008, 20:01

I will try and find it now that I'm back in the area (based on your directions Saturday Jim! ;) )

To save me trawling back through this thread, what time do you meet these days?
Last edited by Kier on Mon 31.03.2008, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Kier
Fanatic
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed 13.07.2005, 20:48
Location: Bournemouth

Postby Nige » Mon 31.03.2008, 20:01

Should be OK for this month but am in London during the day so can't be sure.
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Postby chris.t » Mon 31.03.2008, 20:11

Kier wrote:I will try and find it now that I'm back in the area (based on your directions Saturday Jim! ;) )

To save me trawling back through this thread, what time do you meet these days?

will be good to see yo kier seeing as i missed you at Dony :roll: Time we meet is 7.30 to 8
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Postby Kier » Mon 31.03.2008, 23:57

Cheers Chris, I kept an eye out for you, didn't see Nige either! See you Wednesday 8)
User avatar
Kier
Fanatic
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed 13.07.2005, 20:48
Location: Bournemouth

Postby markv » Tue 01.04.2008, 00:47

Yes, I'll be there on Thursday along with the thirsty old girl (I'm not talking about my wife :D )

Thanks for picking up the polo Chris, I'll settle up on Wednesday.
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

Postby muley » Tue 01.04.2008, 09:35

Kier wrote:I will try and find it now that I'm back in the area (based on your directions Saturday Jim! ;) )

To save me trawling back through this thread, what time do you meet these days?



Kier,

We meet around 7-8 ish.

Here's a map of Lower Farringdon.

http://tinyurl.com/3agewk

Here's a link to the pub website

http://www.farringdon.biz/pubs/oak.htm (interior photos taken when it looked like a real pub and not the prententious gastropub it has become :( )

You can't miss the pub - it'll be the building with the lights on!! next to the BMW motor bike showroom.

It'll be great to see you (and the others) there. I may be a smidgen late as I have to work that day :roll:

Cheers

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4524
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Postby rjbean » Tue 01.04.2008, 09:49

muley wrote:... I may be a smidgen late as I have to work that day...


You have to work? Yeah, yeah! April Fool! :lol:

We should be there too.
User avatar
rjbean
Fanatic
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun 18.04.2004, 08:41
Location: West Sussex

Postby Kier » Wed 02.04.2008, 19:34

Chaps I’m really sorry to have to make my excuses tonight as I was looking forwards to catching up, however I’m going to have to give it a miss this month.

I’ve got headlight problems at the moment, they’ve both been out of action this week and although I’ve got one working again after replacing the bulb, I still can’t get the other one working or see why it’s not working? I’ve replaced the bulb but no joy. Don’t really want to risk driving too far and risk the one working one going (again) and having to drive back with no headlights.

Seems to be one thing after the other at the moment with the car, anyhew, hopefully all will be well for next month.
User avatar
Kier
Fanatic
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed 13.07.2005, 20:48
Location: Bournemouth

Postby stevieshag » Wed 02.04.2008, 21:55

sorry to hear about your problems kier, soon be summer & we will be able to drive to rendevous & back without lights.. lol

sorry didnt make it had a long day at work, & had a footy match i wanted to watch.

see everyone soon.

stevie & tracy.
oh summer!! the time to go topless...


black lotus elan se (kermit)
Mitsibushi outlander
suzuki gsx 750 W (Gonzo)
stevieshag
God
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Sat 10.07.2004, 23:30
Location: stonehenge

Postby stevieshag » Thu 03.04.2008, 20:13

what no new posts after a southern area meet.. was it that boring without the ususal party goers..

we normally have a list of attendies & amount in kitty..

come on guys

tell us all the gossip.
oh summer!! the time to go topless...


black lotus elan se (kermit)
Mitsibushi outlander
suzuki gsx 750 W (Gonzo)
stevieshag
God
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Sat 10.07.2004, 23:30
Location: stonehenge

Postby chris.t » Thu 03.04.2008, 22:37

Ok brief synopsis.

Attendees

NickH & Lynne ?
Rob & Michelle ?
Espirit Rob *
MarkV *
Muley *
Nige *
Chris.t $

? = car not known
* = M100
$ = VX220

A good turn out considering Dony was less than a week in the past. Summary of conversations at my end of the table anyway:-

Venue for monthly meet change - need to discuss further
Day of week of meet - need to discuss further
Pub was kept alive by LEC contingent.

Success of Dony 08 with suggestions of possible improvements re stand content.

My poor eyesight and how much better it is than Marks :lol:

Marks leaky radiator and Muleys Radiator changing service

Robs car and what hasn't gone wrong with it (not much left now).

Rob B's speedo cable fekked again :roll: but at least he's got a low mileage car :lol:

Michelles gone back to work being a student was just too much like hard work :roll:

Suggested SSSSS trip to Monkey World and picanic :lol: but open to discussion. Nige has suggested that we have a BBQ at his :smt023 :bowdown: but depends on when etc etc - so still in discussion as to when. (BTW Lynne really likes monkeys :shock: )

Don't know how much is left in the pussey cos Jims got it.

Bound to have left loads out but memory retention is something that goes when you get old.
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

PreviousNext

Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests