Some of you may know I'm going to put my Elan out on the track. I also know some of you already do this; Nige, Monty in particular
Few things are bothering me about doing it. I seem to use a reasonable amount of oil day to day which I think is down to the turbo seals. Also have an Everest on the car and running high boost for sustained periods of time on a track will obviously have more impact on things such as the head gasket.
I've spent a bit of money on the car to get it sort of ready - new wishbones front and rear, newer suspension and brakes are to be upgraded.
Question is, when do I get my arse into gear and actually book a track?! I'm constantly thinking the What If's...I'm unlikely to stuff it but an engine rebuild is in the back of my mind if it lets go. The Elan's not my main car so I can afford for it to be off the road if necessary, but is there a regular enough supply of spares/repairs on a budget if things do go horribly tits up? I'm thinking say a bottom end rebuild, new head, replacement cams etc? Part of me thinks it might be better to buy a snotter of an MR2 to do what I'm thinking of doing.
Undoubtably I'll have posted this in the wrong section, but I look forward to others thoughts anyway


