Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)
Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
by Kier » Mon 02.06.2008, 23:57
After resolving problems preventing me coming for the last couple of months, I should be there this time!
-

Kier
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 358
- Joined: Wed 13.07.2005, 20:48
- Location: Bournemouth
by stevieshag » Tue 03.06.2008, 13:19
Hi Guys,
sorry wont be attending thursday

, i am being a model for the night.

I am lending my bald head for education purposes so a friend can practice her indian head massage technique so it will help her pass her exam.
have a good night.
stevie
oh summer!! the time to go topless...
black lotus elan se (kermit)
Mitsibushi outlander
suzuki gsx 750 W (Gonzo)
-
stevieshag
- God
-
- Posts: 756
- Joined: Sat 10.07.2004, 23:30
- Location: stonehenge
-
by Enright » Tue 03.06.2008, 17:13
That's one of the best excuses I've ever heard!
Good luck.

Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...!
BCingU,
Neil

-

Enright
- Modificator
-
- Posts: 4860
- Joined: Sun 19.12.2004, 19:21
- Location: Arnold, Nottingham, England
by chris.t » Tue 03.06.2008, 17:48
bring her along to the h&c i fancy mine massaged as well. she needs to be able to do for people who've got hair as well you know

Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
-

chris.t
- God
-
- Posts: 3671
- Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
- Location: Storrington, West Sussex
by Nige » Tue 03.06.2008, 22:29
Now not going to Paris

, in fact currently not in Paris. So should be ok for H&C Thursday

.
Back in Blighty
-

Nige
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 3030
- Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
- Location: Dorset and Surrey
by muley » Tue 03.06.2008, 22:38
Nige wrote:Now not going to Paris

, in fact currently not in Paris. So should be ok for H&C Thursday

.
Good oh, see you there.
Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
-
muley
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 4524
- Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
- Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach
by rjbean » Wed 04.06.2008, 20:46
We'll be there

-

rjbean
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 531
- Joined: Sun 18.04.2004, 08:41
- Location: West Sussex
by muley » Wed 04.06.2008, 21:06
rjbean wrote:We'll be there

[voice="montyburns"]Excellent![/voice]
Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
-
muley
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 4524
- Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
- Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach
by markv » Wed 04.06.2008, 21:43
Just got my Lotus back - water leaks (more than one!) fixed. See you tomorrow.
Regards
Mark/.
-

markv
- God
-
- Posts: 926
- Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
- Location: Nottingham, UK
by muley » Thu 05.06.2008, 23:59
Excellent turnout tonight.
Me*
Nige*
Nick* and Lynne
Chris" and Deirdre
Mark*
Kier* - welcome back!
Rob* and Michelle
* = Elans - 6 in total !!
" = other lotus
Good craig!
Kitty stands at £6.80
Followed Mark home as he was leaking - well, the car! Watched in dismay as a complete bellend in a Corsa nearly side swiped him !
Jim
Last edited by
muley on Fri 06.06.2008, 08:06, edited 1 time in total.
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
-
muley
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 4524
- Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
- Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach
by markv » Fri 06.06.2008, 00:02
markv wrote:Just got my Lotus back - water leaks (more than one!) fixed. See you tomorrow.
Oh dear, I spoke too soon - we went out to admire Nige's aluminium radiators and I found a stream of water from my car. Car was parked at an angle (on a slope going downwards from right to left) - could that have caused the problem, or an overfull tank from the service?? Strangely, even after 2 hours sitting in the car park, the cooling system was still pressurised and I couldn't open the header tank because water started bubbling out each time I tried to open it. Thanks for following me back Jim, don't know if you noticed that the car stalled at the first few sets of lights (I'd had the idling adjusted as part of the service, not sure whether it's idling too low now). Yes, where was that Corsa driver going??
No water leaks noticed after arriving home and 5 mins on the drive, so will check again in the morning.
Regards
Mark/.
-

markv
- God
-
- Posts: 926
- Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
- Location: Nottingham, UK
by muley » Fri 06.06.2008, 08:05
markv wrote:markv wrote:Just got my Lotus back - water leaks (more than one!) fixed. See you tomorrow.
Oh dear, I spoke too soon - we went out to admire Nige's aluminium radiators and I found a stream of water from my car. Car was parked at an angle (on a slope going downwards from right to left) - could that have caused the problem, or an overfull tank from the service?? Strangely, even after 2 hours sitting in the car park, the cooling system was still pressurised and I couldn't open the header tank because water started bubbling out each time I tried to open it. Thanks for following me back Jim, don't know if you noticed that the car stalled at the first few sets of lights (I'd had the idling adjusted as part of the service, not sure whether it's idling too low now). Yes, where was that Corsa driver going??
No water leaks noticed after arriving home and 5 mins on the drive, so will check again in the morning.
Mark
Yes I noticed you had to restart the car every time we stopped - I assumed that you were shutting the engine down to preserve it...
Cheers
Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
-
muley
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 4524
- Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
- Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach
by chris.t » Fri 06.06.2008, 08:24
Glad you managed to get back ok Mark and hoe its a cheap fix whatever it is.
We discussed a cycle ride last night and i have posted in the events section a proposal. Feel free to add your comments and names to the list.
<Link to Event>
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
-

chris.t
- God
-
- Posts: 3671
- Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
- Location: Storrington, West Sussex
by Nige » Fri 06.06.2008, 08:42
Nice night time top down blast on the way home in convoy with Kier.
Kier, you have a headlamp out, offside (drivers).
Mark, hope you get the problem fixed. I'd be a little concerned that the pressurisation of your system even though cold is a worrying sign and the pressure may be the root cause of the leak, I hope not but can't help thinking Head Gasket failure with combustion gases leaking into and pressurising the cooling system. Check for water in your oil or if anyone local to you has a block tester do the sniffer test on the coolant (I have one but I'm not exactly local).
Back in Blighty
-

Nige
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 3030
- Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
- Location: Dorset and Surrey
by markv » Fri 06.06.2008, 12:03
No obvious signs of water this morning (but could well have dried overnight), but still some pressure when I opened the header tank. The level seems fine (water smells to me like "burnt electrical wiring"). I seem to remember something about the header tank lid - does it have to be a certain type? I used to have a black one on there but now have a bright yellow one which looks more substantial.
Regards
Mark/.
-

markv
- God
-
- Posts: 926
- Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
- Location: Nottingham, UK
by Nige » Fri 06.06.2008, 21:02
My original header tank cap is black and what I would call 'low profile' I've bought a new headertank and cap for the full cooling system refurb along with the new Rad and Samco hoses and it's yellow and 'high profile'. Haven't looked in detail to see if it is a different pressure.
Still having pressure in the system after standing overnight does not seem right to me. Strange smell for a cooling system.
Back in Blighty
-

Nige
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 3030
- Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
- Location: Dorset and Surrey
by Kier » Sun 08.06.2008, 23:44
Nige wrote:
Kier, you have a headlamp out, offside (drivers).
Hummmmm

thanks Nige. I'd had the bulb out earlier that evening as I'd noticed the week before that the dip beam was pointing upwards! I'd fixed it and checked it and it was fine, so I'll have to have another look at that!
Was good to see everyone again

-

Kier
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 358
- Joined: Wed 13.07.2005, 20:48
- Location: Bournemouth
by NickHawk » Mon 30.06.2008, 18:57
Asume Thursday at the H&C????
We should be there.
No doubt the other Nick "Thursdays is good for me" will be playing golf!!
TTFN Nick
Silver M100 SE - Still For Sale sort of!
-

NickHawk
- Tinkerer
-
- Posts: 87
- Joined: Tue 02.05.2006, 19:18
- Location: Camberley Surrey UK
by chris.t » Mon 30.06.2008, 20:34
NickHawk wrote:Asume Thursday at the H&C????
We should be there.
No doubt the other Nick "Thursdays is good for me" will be playing golf!!
TTFN Nick
lol
cya there everybody
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
-

chris.t
- God
-
- Posts: 3671
- Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
- Location: Storrington, West Sussex
by Lotusnick » Mon 30.06.2008, 21:41
-

Lotusnick
- Tinkerer
-
- Posts: 85
- Joined: Fri 05.08.2005, 22:22
- Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest