LGM Turbo Group Buy - Start Shipping Out Yeah

Start your Group Buy threads here for anything pertaining to the M100

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

LGM Turbo Group Buy - Start Shipping Out Yeah

Postby Ekapol » Tue 10.06.2008, 22:09

Hi all,

Got a call from LGM, again that she's away from her PC busy flying around

Can't believe we are doing this but here we go~

I see that we started to have few group-buys on the other thread, so I start this one for tracking turbo kit group-buy.


It was because of Nige that I decided to do this little inquire.

2 kits Im looking at, just for clarification.

#1 downpipe (turbo to exhaust flangepoint)
OIl feed line to turbo ( outlet is modified from stock piece)
2 coolant lines and addapter fittings

#2 all above +
Turbo inlet in either 2.25" or 3" (your choice)
Turbo compressor outlet in 2"
Turbo compressor discharch to intercooler pipe and silicone connectors
Turbo heat sheild (custom made)

with #2 all you will need to source is the turbo and adapter plate. I leave the intake pipe out as there are many different options as to what you can do such as there are too many options as to finished product.

Image
Factory turbo on the right. Left one is much bigger with ball bearing

Image
Downpipe

Image
Without heatshield

The price for #2, everything you need, custom downpipe, sans turbo, CA tax 8.75% included, is $1052
The downpipe could be jetted hot for $60 or you could do it locally.

The Turbo, Garrett GT2560R, is $850 plus CA tax 8.75% = $924.38. LGM hand-polished hers and mine, which took her a day and a half for each I don't know if she would have time doing that but let me know if you want the polished version, I might ask Garrett if they could do that for us.

The whole set total is $1976.38 (GT2560R, AN Fittings, AQP hoses, Braided Stainless Steel lines, downpipe, custom made heatshield)

Please update the list below as you see suitable. We'd like to set the deadline for the list on July 5th. Then we will start collecting money and proceed with ordering them. I don't think we would do another run of this :-)

ps: The above kit would work with Garrett GT2554 as well, since they both use the same frame, but I would stick with GT2560R



1. Ailwyn #2 everything inc turbo, 2.25", black connectors
2. Ailwyn #2 no turbo (I may change my mind based on group buy cost), 2.25", black connectors
3. Monty #2 (everything) 2.25" inlet, Blue Connectors.
4. MattDon (everything) 2.25", red connectors
5. Nige - #2 (everything), 2.25" inlet, Red Connectors. But dont believe I actually need the trash can to turbo inlet pipe or the connectors at either end of it. I will however go for the whole kit if that keeps things simple.
6. Paul.P -#2 ( everything ), 2.25" inlet, Black connectors.
7. Dico - #2 (everything) 3" inlet (I think), Blue Connectors.
8. dapinky - #2 (everything) 2.25", black connectors
9. F1 LOTUS - everything except trashcan > compressor inlet. (Red)
10. Richard K -#2 (everything), 2.25" inlet, Black Connectors
11. theelanman -#2 (everything incl turbo), 2.25" inlet, Yellow Connectors



Image
Yes, I have the thing for fisheye lenses :-)
Last edited by Ekapol on Sun 25.01.2009, 02:27, edited 1 time in total.
"Do or do not.... there is no try."

“Named must your fear be before banish it you can.” -- Yoda
User avatar
Ekapol
God
 
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon 19.06.2006, 21:55
Location: Sin City

Postby Paul.P » Tue 10.06.2008, 22:34

Ekapol, just to clarify this, with #2, we get everything ( including turbo ) for $1976.38, apart from the adaptor plate, which we need to fit turbo to manifold, which Cranbury is doing.
Am i right in saying this can be fitted & run with standard ecu & everest chip, although we are hoping Alan is going to do a bespoke one.
So where does the 3 Bar Map sensor & 500 injectors come into the equation, do we need these as well & if so how much are they ?
In your opinion, do we need to change the clutch & fit a LSD, & if so how much is the clutch likely to cost ?
As you can see, i'm trying to put a total cost on this, so i know what to expect.
Thanks, Paul
JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
Paul.P
God
 
Posts: 4970
Joined: Sun 14.12.2003, 18:18
Location: Oakham, Rutland

Postby MattDon » Tue 10.06.2008, 22:50

im looking to go with the Garrett GT2554 for cost and simplicity. im not 100% sure on what i need but atm i cant afford the turbo, but should be ok with everything else i need.

1. Ailwyn #2 everything inc turbo, 2.25", black connectors
2. Ailwyn #2 no turbo (I may change my mind based on group buy cost), 2.25", black connectors
3. Monty #2 (everything) 2.25" inlet, Blue Connectors.
4. MattDon #2 (no turbo) 2.25", red connectors
5. Nige - #2 (everything), 2.25" inlet, Red Connectors. But dont believe I actually need the trash can to turbo inlet pipe or the connectors at either end of it. I will however go for the whole kit if that keeps things simple.
6. Paul.P -#2 ( everything ), 2.25" inlet, Black connectors.
7. Dico - #2 (everything) 3" inlet (I think), Blue Connectors.
8. dapinky - #2 (everything) 2.25", black connectors
9. F1 LOTUS - everything except trashcan > compressor inlet. (Red)
10. Richard K -#2 (everything), 2.25" inlet, Black Connectors
11. theelanman -#2 (everything incl turbo), 2.25" inlet, Yellow Connectors
User avatar
MattDon
God
 
Posts: 858
Joined: Sat 29.09.2007, 21:38
Location: yorkshire

Postby Monty » Tue 10.06.2008, 23:26

I`ll purchase the Turbo at a later date.

Ekapol, just a couple off questions

Can you get the price for the #1 Kit please?
What is the heat shield made off?

Just to the UK guys, don`t forget that they`ll be vat & import duty to pay on this when it gets on this side of the pond, i`m sure marie will put a low decleration on the Kits but will be hard to get away with it on the turbo`s :? so it may be worth buying the Turbo in the UK or maybe through Paulwatkins contact :?

1. Ailwyn #2 everything inc turbo, 2.25", black connectors
2. Ailwyn #2 no turbo (I may change my mind based on group buy cost), 2.25", black connectors
3. Monty #2 (no Turbo) 2.25" inlet, Blue Connectors.
4. MattDon #2 (no turbo) 2.25", red connectors
5. Nige - #2 (everything), 2.25" inlet, Red Connectors. But dont believe I actually need the trash can to turbo inlet pipe or the connectors at either end of it. I will however go for the whole kit if that keeps things simple.
6. Paul.P -#2 ( everything ), 2.25" inlet, Black connectors.
7. Dico - #2 (everything) 3" inlet (I think), Blue Connectors.
8. dapinky - #2 (everything) 2.25", black connectors
9. F1 LOTUS - everything except trashcan > compressor inlet. (Red)
10. Richard K -#2 (everything), 2.25" inlet, Black Connectors
11. theelanman -#2 (everything incl turbo), 2.25" inlet, Yellow Connectors
Image
User avatar
Monty
Chunder King!
 
Posts: 7977
Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
Location: Leeds

Postby Ekapol » Tue 10.06.2008, 23:35

Paul.P wrote:Ekapol, just to clarify this, with #2, we get everything ( including turbo ) for $1976.38, apart from the adaptor plate, which we need to fit turbo to manifold, which Cranbury is doing.

Yes, that's right.

Paul.P wrote:Am i right in saying this can be fitted & run with standard ecu & everest chip, although we are hoping Alan is going to do a bespoke one.

Yes, that's correct. You would be just fine with the standard ECU and Everest chip. I was running with is setup for many months before sliding into the dark side (3 bar MAP & injectors) but then I have a lot more power (also that's why I need the new chip now :-) )

Paul.P wrote:So where does the 3 Bar Map sensor & 500 injectors come into the equation, do we need these as well & if so how much are they ?
In your opinion, do we need to change the clutch & fit a LSD, & if so how much is the clutch likely to cost ?
As you can see, i'm trying to put a total cost on this, so i know what to expect.
Thanks, Paul


That would be stage 2 of the upgrade. As you might already notice, we are now having a group petition for Alan help for making a new chip, codename Mt. Diablo -- for now?

I'm running my 1st clutch at the moment with no LSD. Marie has 6 puck clutch installed, with LSD, and lightweight flywheel, and carbon fiber undertray, and etc. etc. :twisted:

At some point in the future I might need new clutch, since mine is 17 years old now. So far it's ok for me, depends on how you drive too.

Fuel injectors and 3 bar MAP would add roughly $500 to the total (may be less) I don't remember the exact number but then you would have 300+ horses. If I were you I would just get the turbo upgraded and enjoy it for a long time, until we have new chip developed. My car would be guinea pig for this project ;-)
"Do or do not.... there is no try."

“Named must your fear be before banish it you can.” -- Yoda
User avatar
Ekapol
God
 
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon 19.06.2006, 21:55
Location: Sin City

Postby Ekapol » Tue 10.06.2008, 23:45

Monty wrote:Can you get the price for the #1 Kit please?
What is the heat shield made off?


Yes, I could check for you. The heat shield is made of stainless steel and cut to fit our engine bay.
"Do or do not.... there is no try."

“Named must your fear be before banish it you can.” -- Yoda
User avatar
Ekapol
God
 
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon 19.06.2006, 21:55
Location: Sin City

Postby Dico » Wed 11.06.2008, 15:17

1. Ailwyn #2 everything inc turbo, 2.25", black connectors
2. Ailwyn #2 no turbo (I may change my mind based on group buy cost), 2.25", black connectors
3. Monty #2 (no Turbo) 2.25" inlet, Blue Connectors.
4. MattDon #2 (no turbo) 2.25", red connectors
5. Nige - #2 (everything), 2.25" inlet, Red Connectors. But dont believe I actually need the trash can to turbo inlet pipe or the connectors at either end of it. I will however go for the whole kit if that keeps things simple.
6. Paul.P -#2 ( everything ), 2.25" inlet, Black connectors.
7. Dico - #2 (everything) 3" inlet, Blue Connectors. Jet hot coated downpipe. Polished turbo (if poss).
8. dapinky - #2 (everything) 2.25", black connectors
9. F1 LOTUS - everything except trashcan > compressor inlet. (Red)
10. Richard K -#2 (everything), 2.25" inlet, Black Connectors
11. theelanman -#2 (everything incl turbo), 2.25" inlet, Yellow Connectors
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
User avatar
Dico
Fool Boy Four - Founder
 
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
Location: Moderator Manchester

Postby CRAMBURY RS » Wed 11.06.2008, 16:53

i've got 5 through the cutter already waiting on threading! can i get a location for everyone as well in the other thread? i see there are a few UK folk, but noticed a south africa. so if you could confirm and post your country (for shipping) that would be awesome.

Cram (sounds bad with out the "bury" :P)
Rafael
Last edited by CRAMBURY RS on Wed 11.06.2008, 22:24, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
CRAMBURY RS
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue 03.01.2006, 01:23
Location: usa, washington

Postby Monty » Wed 11.06.2008, 17:01

Rafael,

Think Ekapol wants to keep this thread for the LGM turbo kit only, can you edit your post and remove the list and we can continue on the other thread :wink:

Anyone who wants or is on the Adaptor plate list please up date here
http://lotuselancentral.com/forum/viewt ... &start=100
Image
User avatar
Monty
Chunder King!
 
Posts: 7977
Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
Location: Leeds

Postby tigerdog » Wed 11.06.2008, 17:17

Ekapol wrote:Yes, that's correct. You would be just fine with the standard ECU and Everest chip. I was running with is setup for many months before sliding into the dark side (3 bar MAP & injectors)

Ekapol, when you installed the 3BAR MAP and 550cc injectors, did you also install a manual boost control? Or are you still using the standard boost control from the stock ECU? If the ECU, what is the max boost you see? Feel free to reply with PM so as not to hijack the topic.
User avatar
tigerdog
God
 
Posts: 2715
Joined: Tue 20.03.2007, 09:07
Location: San Diego, CA, USA

Postby dapinky » Wed 11.06.2008, 17:52

Sorry folks - I'm having to drop out of this one - too much movement in the debit column, and not enough in the credit one at the moment. I was hoping this would be a usual LEC group buy timescale thing - i.e. months of procrastination before it gets sorted (well, that's what happens when i organise something :roll: ) - I didn't allow for LGM & Ekkers efficiency - a few months would make a difference to me, but i'm having to budget for a full engine re-build - out of interest, is there a price for just the downpipe to exhaust? That way i could source the rest of the bits as and when i can, and this appears to be the main/only pure bespoke item?


1. Ailwyn #2 everything inc turbo, 2.25", black connectors
2. Ailwyn #2 no turbo (I may change my mind based on group buy cost), 2.25", black connectors
3. Monty #2 (no Turbo) 2.25" inlet, Blue Connectors.
4. MattDon #2 (no turbo) 2.25", red connectors
5. Nige - #2 (everything), 2.25" inlet, Red Connectors. But dont believe I actually need the trash can to turbo inlet pipe or the connectors at either end of it. I will however go for the whole kit if that keeps things simple.
6. Paul.P -#2 ( everything ), 2.25" inlet, Black connectors.
7. Dico - #2 (everything) 3" inlet, Blue Connectors. Jet hot coated downpipe. Polished turbo (if poss).
8. F1 LOTUS - everything except trashcan > compressor inlet. (Red)
9. Richard K -#2 (everything), 2.25" inlet, Black Connectors
10. theelanman -#2 (everything incl turbo), 2.25" inlet, Yellow Connectors
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it


...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
dapinky
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby Ekapol » Wed 11.06.2008, 19:27

tigerdog wrote:
Ekapol wrote:Yes, that's correct. You would be just fine with the standard ECU and Everest chip. I was running with is setup for many months before sliding into the dark side (3 bar MAP & injectors)

Ekapol, when you installed the 3BAR MAP and 550cc injectors, did you also install a manual boost control? Or are you still using the standard boost control from the stock ECU? If the ECU, what is the max boost you see? Feel free to reply with PM so as not to hijack the topic.


Thought I already answered you under Stripey Gallery thread :-) I use electronic boost control Greddy Profec B Spec II. Max boost I have it set up was 15.5 psi.
"Do or do not.... there is no try."

“Named must your fear be before banish it you can.” -- Yoda
User avatar
Ekapol
God
 
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon 19.06.2006, 21:55
Location: Sin City

Postby Paul.P » Wed 11.06.2008, 19:59

1. Ailwyn #2 everything inc turbo, 2.25", black connectors
2. Ailwyn #2 no turbo (I may change my mind based on group buy cost), 2.25", black connectors
3. Monty #2 (no Turbo) 2.25" inlet, Blue Connectors.
4. MattDon #2 (no turbo) 2.25", red connectors
5. Nige - #2 (everything), 2.25" inlet, Red Connectors. But dont believe I actually need the trash can to turbo inlet pipe or the connectors at either end of it. I will however go for the whole kit if that keeps things simple.
6. Paul.P -#2 ( everything ), 2.25" inlet, Black connectors. Jet hot coated downpipe. Polished turbo ( if poss )
7. Dico - #2 (everything) 3" inlet, Blue Connectors. Jet hot coated downpipe. Polished turbo (if poss).
8. dapinky - #2 (everything) 2.25", black connectors
9. F1 LOTUS - everything except trashcan > compressor inlet. (Red)
10. Richard K -#2 (everything), 2.25" inlet, Black Connectors
11. theelanman -#2 (everything incl turbo), 2.25" inlet, Yellow Connectors
JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
Paul.P
God
 
Posts: 4970
Joined: Sun 14.12.2003, 18:18
Location: Oakham, Rutland

Postby lotusgirlmarie » Wed 11.06.2008, 20:00

Hey all,
Bit of a weird feeling being back on solid ground...... Anyways.....

Quick updates:

1 I got a group deal on the turbos ( both GT2560 & 2554) as they are the same pricing at dealer cost. I am curious that if our UK members can show that US tax was paid that VAT would be waived, as if it was purchased overseas....which it was.....

2 I goofed. The turbo inlet sizes are 3" and 2.5" not 2.25". difference being still Larger has slightly more availability of unpressurized air. The 2.5" will go very cleanly into the stock "trashcan" though.

3 Downpiipes are all made of Stainless steel, as are the heat shields. Downpipe diameter is 2.25" and mates up to the exhaust where the old unit did.

4 All silicone connectors will be Samco unless otherwise specified.

5 oil drain, downpipe and adapter plate to turbo gaskets are supplied with the #2/full kit.

6 Consider this as a Stage one style kit. this will offer better response than the stock IHI unit with a much more modern turbo and a potential for much larger power gains. Stage two is still in the works and consists of 550cc fuel injectors, a 3 bar MAP sensor and the Mt. Diablo chip.



I hope this clears up alittle of confusion. Also as a point of interest, both Ekapol and I are using a Greddy profec B spec II electronic boost controller along with the 550cc injectors and 3 bar MAP. it just adds a level of control as the controller has a built in overboost limiter. Using an Everest chip with stage one will provide staggering acceleration as ekapol and I found. However it cannot be used with stage 2 as it would allow an unsafe boost level (24+ PSI). Part of the reason why we asked alan to make the new chip.
Must....................Go...............Faster
User avatar
lotusgirlmarie
Goddess
 
Posts: 1434
Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 07:35
Location: Earth or there abouts

Postby Paul.P » Wed 11.06.2008, 20:05

lotusgirlmarie wrote:
2 I goofed. The turbo inlet sizes are 3" and 2.5" not 2.25". difference being still Larger has slightly more availability of unpressurized air. The 2.5" will go very cleanly into the stock "trashcan" though.


Ah Marie, are you saying then, that us that have put 2.25" inlet down, should now be changing to 2.5" ?
JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
Paul.P
God
 
Posts: 4970
Joined: Sun 14.12.2003, 18:18
Location: Oakham, Rutland

Postby lotusgirlmarie » Wed 11.06.2008, 20:41

correct. or if you don't I'll still know.
Must....................Go...............Faster
User avatar
lotusgirlmarie
Goddess
 
Posts: 1434
Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 07:35
Location: Earth or there abouts

Postby tigerdog » Wed 11.06.2008, 21:13

Ekapol wrote:Thought I already answered you under Stripey Gallery thread :-) I use electronic boost control Greddy Profec B Spec II. Max boost I have it set up was 15.5 psi.
Sorry! You did. Thanks for refreshing my memory.
User avatar
tigerdog
God
 
Posts: 2715
Joined: Tue 20.03.2007, 09:07
Location: San Diego, CA, USA

Postby MattDon » Wed 11.06.2008, 21:23

just need to clarify for myself and anyone interested in the gt2554 install.

which kit is needed if there is no intention to go beyond the standard injectors, sensor, etc.
User avatar
MattDon
God
 
Posts: 858
Joined: Sat 29.09.2007, 21:38
Location: yorkshire

Postby lotusgirlmarie » Wed 11.06.2008, 21:31

Stage one full kit less turbo inlet adapter

I can see this getting really confusing for everyone involved I'm going to make this really simple.

1) basic install kit downpipe, coolant lines, turbo oil feed line

2) advanced kit downpipe, coolant lines, turbo oil feed line, turbo compressor outlet, turbo compressor outlet to intercooler pipe + silicone fittings, heat sheild, turbo oil, downpipe and turbine gaskets.

3) stage one GT2554 Turbo, downpipe, coolant lines, turbo oil feed line, turbo compressor outlet, turbo compressor outlet to intercooler pipe + silicone fittings, all gaskets, heat sheild.

4) stage one GT2560R Turbo, downpipe, coolant lines, turbo oil feed line, turbo compressor outlet, turbo compressor outlet to intercooler pipe + silicone fittings, turbo compressor inlet adapter in either 2.5" or 3" please specify, all gaskets, heat sheild.

kit #1 1nd 2 will work for both kits. #1 requires that you do alot of extra legwork to get the additional pieces. #2 helps with all of that. #3 and 4 come with evryting you'll need to bolt the turbo on less cranbury's adapter.

mind you there is another thread for intake on BOV pipes should you want these as well for the install. I know that there are several people already signed up for this and I thank you for making clear if you wish the upgrade or not for the turbo intake pipe. This project has lready gotten under way and is the prototyping phase. I'm using my car as the guinea pig and am putting back the trashcan for fitment. the close date on that will be the same as this July 5, I'm trying to beat a price hike on materials to keep the final costs low.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by lotusgirlmarie on Thu 12.06.2008, 00:40, edited 2 times in total.
Must....................Go...............Faster
User avatar
lotusgirlmarie
Goddess
 
Posts: 1434
Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 07:35
Location: Earth or there abouts

Postby MattDon » Wed 11.06.2008, 21:38

thankyou for the clarification

1. Ailwyn #2 everything inc turbo, 2.25", black connectors
2. Ailwyn #2 no turbo (I may change my mind based on group buy cost), 2.25", black connectors
3. Monty #2 (no Turbo) 2.25" inlet, Blue Connectors.
4. MattDon #2 (no turbo or turbo inlet adaptor) red connectors
5. Nige - #2 (everything), 2.25" inlet, Red Connectors. But dont believe I actually need the trash can to turbo inlet pipe or the connectors at either end of it. I will however go for the whole kit if that keeps things simple.
6. Paul.P -#2 ( everything ), 2.25" inlet, Black connectors. Jet hot coated downpipe. Polished turbo ( if poss )
7. Dico - #2 (everything) 3" inlet, Blue Connectors. Jet hot coated downpipe. Polished turbo (if poss).
8. F1 LOTUS - everything except trashcan > compressor inlet. (Red)
9. Richard K -#2 (everything), 2.25" inlet, Black Connectors
10. theelanman -#2 (everything incl turbo), 2.25" inlet, Yellow Connectors
User avatar
MattDon
God
 
Posts: 858
Joined: Sat 29.09.2007, 21:38
Location: yorkshire

Next

Return to Group Buys

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest