East Mids or thereabouts

Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Postby ailwyn » Fri 06.06.2008, 12:34

Can anyone help out with this:

http://www.lotuselancentral.com/forum/v ... highlight=

Thanks

Ailwyn
ailwyn
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3361
Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45

Postby rip » Fri 06.06.2008, 19:10

ailwyn wrote:Can anyone help out with this:

http://www.lotuselancentral.com/forum/v ... highlight=

Thanks

Ailwyn


Thanks for dropping a post in here Ailwyn. I may well have missed it otherwise.
I've followed it up with Kimbers on LEF.
Doubt I can make it though :cry:
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Postby Dave Eds » Fri 06.06.2008, 20:31

I've just been told to go out for the day tomorrow 'cos all I've done since I got in tonight is "get on my f'ing nerves".

Don't you love it when a plan comes together :-D
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby rip » Sun 15.06.2008, 23:31

Back to topic.

Where & when for our next meet?
How about the Lazy Otter, just north of Cambridge on the A10?
Spud, Joss, Nobs & Composire Guru stopped off on the way back from the last GST event. It looked ok & there is plenty of space for parking a truck :-D
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Postby Gary » Mon 16.06.2008, 17:20

That is too far for me. I already have to spend 2 hours in the car each day, and the further away it is the earlier we would have to leave 'cos of babysitters....
Ex owner of S2 no 480 and Red SE
User avatar
Gary
God
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 18:04
Location: Rutland

Postby Dave Eds » Mon 16.06.2008, 18:31

Would have thought it was off track for Dico Logistics as well - (good weekend venue but maybe not so good on a Tuesday) - however, don't arrange it around me, as I too already spend 2 hrs per day in the car plus 1.5 hrs each way to Elton area makes a long day/night for me. I'll fit it in depending on work commitments though.
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby Gary » Mon 16.06.2008, 21:11

I'll try and come as long as it isn't too far...
Ex owner of S2 no 480 and Red SE
User avatar
Gary
God
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 18:04
Location: Rutland

Postby rip » Mon 16.06.2008, 22:11

Doesn't worry me.
I was thinking mainly of you & DaveT, who has about a 2 hour drive to Elton.
The Crown's menu had shrunk last time we went. I was disappointed with it.
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Postby Dave Eds » Mon 16.06.2008, 22:26

I'm quite happy to be driven to The Half Moon and stagger to The India Cottage :wink:

:oops: wrong thread!
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby rip » Tue 17.06.2008, 07:20

Dave Eds wrote:I'm quite happy to be driven to The Half Moon and stagger to The India Cottage :wink:

:oops: wrong thread!


:smt023
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Postby Gary » Tue 17.06.2008, 08:24

How about somewhere on the A1 near Peterborough ? There is a place just off there at Alwalton. Can't remember the name off the top of my head.
Ex owner of S2 no 480 and Red SE
User avatar
Gary
God
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 18:04
Location: Rutland

Postby Paul.P » Tue 17.06.2008, 18:44

Gary wrote:How about somewhere on the A1 near Peterborough ? There is a place just off there at Alwalton. Can't remember the name off the top of my head.


The pubs called " The Cuckoo", & ain't a bad place, but lets see who can come, cause it aint worth going further south if the members down there can't make it, but if they can, then great :!:
JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
Paul.P
God
 
Posts: 4970
Joined: Sun 14.12.2003, 18:18
Location: Oakham, Rutland

Postby Gary » Tue 17.06.2008, 19:03

so what we need is a date and then we can start a list.

I wonder if the other groups have so much trouble....
Ex owner of S2 no 480 and Red SE
User avatar
Gary
God
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 18:04
Location: Rutland

Postby Dave Eds » Tue 17.06.2008, 19:29

Gary wrote:I wonder if the other groups have so much trouble....


Maybe, maybe not :)

We are probably spread further afield than most, although speaking with chris.t the Suvvenners have a fair drive to their meets. However they generally are equidistant so no-one is really on their own doorstep.

Of course with fuel prices and the state of the economy it's more difficult for some to travel far at all. :(

Perhaps we should set a regular night at a fixed(ish) venue, with the ever popular SuffolkEssex curry (held in Herts :shock: ) 2 weeks later but avoiding Ashby Folville nights. Then we're all able to pick and choose.
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby rip » Tue 17.06.2008, 23:30

Gary wrote:How about somewhere on the A1 near Peterborough ? There is a place just off there at Alwalton. Can't remember the name off the top of my head.


Alwalton? East of England Showground? Peterborough Speedway!!!!! :smt023

Sorry, couldn't help that. I first saw the sport before my first birthday and have been hooked ever since.
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Postby rip » Tue 17.06.2008, 23:38

Dave Eds wrote:
Gary wrote:I wonder if the other groups have so much trouble....


Maybe, maybe not :)

We are probably spread further afield than most


:agree:

Who cares? If any of us feels it is too far, I am sure the rest will not be offended.
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Postby Gary » Wed 18.06.2008, 08:14

rip wrote:
Gary wrote:How about somewhere on the A1 near Peterborough ? There is a place just off there at Alwalton. Can't remember the name off the top of my head.


Alwalton? East of England Showground? Peterborough Speedway!!!!! :smt023

Sorry, couldn't help that. I first saw the sport before my first birthday and have been hooked ever since.


Long gone I'm afraid. Full of houses now !
Ex owner of S2 no 480 and Red SE
User avatar
Gary
God
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 18:04
Location: Rutland

Postby rip » Wed 18.06.2008, 21:58

Gary wrote:
rip wrote:
Gary wrote:How about somewhere on the A1 near Peterborough ? There is a place just off there at Alwalton. Can't remember the name off the top of my head.


Alwalton? East of England Showground? Peterborough Speedway!!!!! :smt023

Sorry, couldn't help that. I first saw the sport before my first birthday and have been hooked ever since.


Long gone I'm afraid. Full of houses now !


I think not. Many tracks have gone that way but the Panthers are still running. From the said venue too. Clicky
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Postby dermotbell » Wed 25.06.2008, 21:27

Gary wrote:That is too far for me. I already have to spend 2 hours in the car each day, and the further away it is the earlier we would have to leave 'cos of babysitters....


If you are Rutlands maybe Oakham with me, Candles and Andy H???
Dermot Bell
User avatar
dermotbell
Fanatic
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Sun 11.06.2006, 21:04
Location: Dubai

Re: East Mids Meet-27th May @ The Crown Elton Peterborough

Postby JOSLER » Sun 07.09.2008, 08:49

Hi chaps anyone fancy having an East Mid meet before christmas? "Thats if we get a dry day ".I was going to do a RedBull factory tour like last year, but there has been so much building work going on im going to wait until next year now.But if anyone still reads this thread and fancys meeting up it would be nice to see you all.

Cheers Joss :smt023
1991 Calypso Red SE
User avatar
JOSLER
Fanatic
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat 21.10.2006, 15:29
Location: ST.NEOTS/CAMBS

PreviousNext

Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests