Post here if your topic fits no other thread in this category.
Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
by Stef » Mon 02.06.2008, 15:30
Red Elan in Daventry last Friday. We flashed lights but I didn't catch the plate.
Men are like a fine wine.
They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the sh * t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
-

Stef
- TVR/PistonHeads Ambassador
-
- Posts: 4016
- Joined: Fri 01.08.2003, 14:23
- Location: Northamptonshire
by dapinky » Mon 02.06.2008, 21:14
Calypso red -
H 510 ???.
Hartcliffe Way, Bristol, today (Monday) at about 4.14pm.
Couldnt get full index, occupant(s) or SE/NA. (it did have perspex rear plate cover and very nice looking red (NOT pink) paintwork!
Didn't wave as i had a customer in the back of our car

Dave
Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it
...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
-

dapinky
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 10613
- Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
- Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).
by abmunro » Tue 10.06.2008, 16:56
Sunday 8th about 4-00 on A1 just north of Gosforth, Newcastle
Spooted a BRG
reg...... H ??? TCK
91 Elan SE 24k miles, 270 BHP @ 1.25 barg. Roll hoops + fairings+ speed humps Elise lights. S2 alloys. Nitrons& Eibachs,AP's front & Hi Spec rear brakes
-

abmunro
- God
-
- Posts: 1726
- Joined: Wed 18.04.2007, 22:46
- Location: Chester-Le-Street, Co Durham.
by Dave Eds » Tue 10.06.2008, 22:04
M11 northbound at Stansted 5pm this evening
M100 LMS
No chance of the top down on that one

-

Dave Eds
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 5136
- Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
- Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else
by GeoffSmith » Tue 10.06.2008, 22:29
Dave Eds wrote:M11 northbound at Stansted 5pm this evening
M100 LMSNo chance of the top down on that one

Coming back from some knocking shop in Jockland?

Calypso Red S2 #417
USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
-

GeoffSmith
- Kitty Fiddler
-
- Posts: 15628
- Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
- Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire
-
by Dave Eds » Tue 10.06.2008, 22:32
Tooted as I roared past top down in the d/d and got a wave back
Then realised too late that my new phone has a camera
Not only that Dico was in the service station blissfully unaware (as always)

-

Dave Eds
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 5136
- Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
- Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else
by LittleRob » Sun 15.06.2008, 10:11
Norfolk Mustard in Great Dunmow yesterday (Saturday 14th) at about 16:00 I didn't wave or toot or anything as I wasn't in mine.
LR
-
LittleRob
- Enthusiast
-
- Posts: 113
- Joined: Thu 23.09.2004, 08:18
- Location: Essex
by John_W » Sun 15.06.2008, 20:53
Spotted RichardK today. He came for afternoon tea.
He had driven all the way to Aberdeen from darkest Englandshire in his beautiful very red SE. Only done about 28,000 miles and very nice. Hi-Specs, Elise steering wheel, but otherwise very standard and unmolested.
I suggested molesting it with a Mountain chip.
Nice to see you, Richard.
John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-

John_W
- Heid-bummer
-
- Posts: 3780
- Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 12:31
- Location: Aberdeen
-
by theelanman » Sun 15.06.2008, 21:10
john
just notived your steering wheel.....wheres that come from???
just thought Id ask
cheers
g
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
-

theelanman
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 7296
- Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
- Location: peak district
-
by Dave Eds » Sun 15.06.2008, 21:15
LittleRob wrote:Norfolk Mustard in Great Dunmow yesterday (Saturday 14th) at about 16:00 I didn't wave or toot or anything as I wasn't in mine.
LR
Not me Rob

-

Dave Eds
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 5136
- Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
- Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else
by John_W » Sun 15.06.2008, 22:04
theelanman wrote::shock:
john
just notived your steering wheel.....wheres that come from???
just thought Id ask
cheers
g
Gareth,
It's a Momo. Had it for 7 years.
See here.
John
-

John_W
- Heid-bummer
-
- Posts: 3780
- Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 12:31
- Location: Aberdeen
-
by theelanman » Sun 15.06.2008, 22:11
John_W wrote:theelanman wrote::shock:
john
just notived your steering wheel.....wheres that come from???
just thought Id ask
cheers
g
Gareth,
It's a Momo. Had it for 7 years.
See here.John
ah got you!!!!!.... Id not spotted it before

I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
-

theelanman
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 7296
- Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
- Location: peak district
-
by dans » Mon 16.06.2008, 08:00
BRG Elan spotted 7.30am in Bristol, turning towards UWE.
With what looked like gaffer tape on the front clamshell....

-

dans
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 472
- Joined: Tue 26.04.2005, 19:14
- Location: Cotswolds
by LittleRob » Mon 16.06.2008, 11:36
Dave Eds
I thought it might be you at first, until I posted and saw your reg. I think the one I saw ended "TUS" but I can't remember the first letters. (Not L0

)
LR
-
LittleRob
- Enthusiast
-
- Posts: 113
- Joined: Thu 23.09.2004, 08:18
- Location: Essex
by ektrolleyboy » Thu 19.06.2008, 22:20
LOTUS ELAN S2
Aqua (rare) with magnolia piped in blue it seemed.
M100 plate.
Seen twice last week in Edgbaston whilst on my way back from Paul Matty, both times funnily enough...
Nice looking, clean car. Driver not so fresh in his years, ha, ha...
Pacific Blue-LOTUS ELAN S2 # 036 / Hot Orange-MINI COOPER S CABRIOLET
-
ektrolleyboy
- God
-
- Posts: 774
- Joined: Sat 11.11.2006, 11:35
- Location: Heaven And Hell!
by Enright » Fri 20.06.2008, 00:18
What, you mean something like the one in the background in the first post on
this page?
I'm sure Martin will be happy to hear that!
It is a lovely car though.
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...!
BCingU,
Neil

-

Enright
- Modificator
-
- Posts: 4860
- Joined: Sun 19.12.2004, 19:21
- Location: Arnold, Nottingham, England
by ektrolleyboy » Sun 22.06.2008, 17:11
I'd say that was the one.
Stunning looking car and obviously aqua was a rare SE colour, so I'd imagine even rarer as an S2 car?
I guess Gary would be the man to answer that?
A credit to its owner anyway. It's such a shame that these fragile cars get shagged by most of their owners.
Funnily enough, when I saw this S2 I'd been looking at a project at Paul Matty that a women was completing. It was a BRG SE that had already seen 5K's work. Retrim/respray etc. Would be good to see this when it's finished if that lady happens to read this...
Pacific Blue-LOTUS ELAN S2 # 036 / Hot Orange-MINI COOPER S CABRIOLET
-
ektrolleyboy
- God
-
- Posts: 774
- Joined: Sat 11.11.2006, 11:35
- Location: Heaven And Hell!
by rip » Sun 22.06.2008, 18:03
ektrolleyboy wrote:Stunning looking car and obviously aqua was a rare SE colour, so I'd imagine even rarer as an S2 car?
I guess Gary would be the man to answer that?
Didn't think SEs were available in Aqua at all.
1990 SE
-

rip
- God
-
- Posts: 5905
- Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
- Location: Milton Keynes, UK
by ektrolleyboy » Sun 22.06.2008, 19:21
They defo' were! But I think only from 92 + (or J plate at least). Half leather or perforated grey only. They were all post stripey leather if I'm not mistaken (although Lotus did offer stripey leather on some of the last SE's produced).
Actually. There's one for sale now on AUTO TRADER.
Not keen on it on the SE's but with the S2 wheels and Magnolia it looks fresh and modern.
Last edited by
ektrolleyboy on Mon 23.06.2008, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.
Pacific Blue-LOTUS ELAN S2 # 036 / Hot Orange-MINI COOPER S CABRIOLET
-
ektrolleyboy
- God
-
- Posts: 774
- Joined: Sat 11.11.2006, 11:35
- Location: Heaven And Hell!
by DaveT » Mon 23.06.2008, 12:29
Kinnell Knorman
Nother steel blue seen in Ipswich this morning heading toward town centre on Nacton Road. J*** KLR.
D
THE PIMPERNEL MOD
Don't get mad- get even!!
Good days are Elan days
-

DaveT
- Sadly departed but never forgotten
-
- Posts: 2183
- Joined: Fri 04.11.2005, 17:35
- Location: Lincs
Return to General
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests