Midlands Breakfast Club

Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Postby Rogerf » Sun 13.04.2008, 12:53

Just arrived back from this.
What an unexpected surprise.There was a large selection of classic,vintage and modern cars on display,from mini's to cobra's.A selection of Elises/exige's and three Elans.One of those being Mr Enright's.Don't know who the other belonged to,it was a red se.
This meet would certainly be worth attending and it's on once a month.
Sorry forgot my camara!
Roger
User avatar
Rogerf
Fanatic
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu 14.04.2005, 22:34
Location: Telford, Shropshire

Postby Sy V » Sun 13.04.2008, 12:56

Oh bollocks, I wish someone had reminded me (but ultimately my fault as I forgot), I've just spent the morning watching the bloody marathon!
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby Enright » Sun 13.04.2008, 14:13

I forgot my newer camera phone, but did have my older one with me, so managed to get a few decent pics...
Attachments
13042008(000)a.jpg
Apparently the convoy of 10 Deloreans all arrived with their doors up!
13042008(000)a.jpg (87.88 KiB) Viewed 7345 times
13042008(001)a.jpg
This one had been "Back to the Futured" down to the last detail
13042008(001)a.jpg (117.58 KiB) Viewed 7345 times
13042008(008)a.jpg
There were lots of Brummies around making Flux Capacitor jokes
13042008(008)a.jpg (118.95 KiB) Viewed 7345 times
13042008(003)a.jpg
Loads of Cobras, a couple of Ferraris and even a Lambo
13042008(003)a.jpg (100.77 KiB) Viewed 7345 times
13042008(004)a.jpg
I was in good company
13042008(004)a.jpg (105.86 KiB) Viewed 7345 times
13042008(002)a.jpg
There was a 944 owner with OCD
13042008(002)a.jpg (136.57 KiB) Viewed 7345 times
13042008(005)a.jpg
Most of the Lotuses got there after the main car park filled up
13042008(005)a.jpg (143.51 KiB) Viewed 7344 times
13042008(007)a.jpg
The Cold War hanger is a very imposing building
13042008(007)a.jpg (85.83 KiB) Viewed 7345 times
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...! :P

BCingU,
Neil ;-)
User avatar
Enright
Modificator
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: Sun 19.12.2004, 19:21
Location: Arnold, Nottingham, England

Postby Enright » Sun 13.04.2008, 14:31

And here are a few from inside...
Attachments
13042008(010)a.jpg
This is the sight that greets you on the way in
13042008(010)a.jpg (131.83 KiB) Viewed 7340 times
13042008(011)a.jpg
What a view! The spectacularly suspended Vulcan and Lightning
13042008(011)a.jpg (70.01 KiB) Viewed 7339 times
13042008(012)a.jpg
The vertically hanging Lightning
13042008(012)a.jpg (77.53 KiB) Viewed 7339 times
13042008(013)a.jpg
Looking out from the viewing gallery
13042008(013)a.jpg (81.63 KiB) Viewed 7339 times
13042008(014)a.jpg
The Vulcan hangs out over the ground floor
13042008(014)a.jpg (155.95 KiB) Viewed 7339 times
13042008(015)a.jpg
TSR2 in the "Test Flight" hanger
13042008(015)a.jpg (107.98 KiB) Viewed 7339 times
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...! :P

BCingU,
Neil ;-)
User avatar
Enright
Modificator
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: Sun 19.12.2004, 19:21
Location: Arnold, Nottingham, England

Postby GeoffSmith » Sun 13.04.2008, 14:34

Looks like a Bloodhound. I used to work in the building they were made.

Image
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby Rogerf » Sun 13.04.2008, 20:32

Sorry Sy,i should have posted a reminder :oops:
Neil great pics, did you make a day of it?
Roger
User avatar
Rogerf
Fanatic
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu 14.04.2005, 22:34
Location: Telford, Shropshire

Postby Rogerf » Sun 13.04.2008, 20:41

Neil, just realised your last post time! :)
User avatar
Rogerf
Fanatic
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu 14.04.2005, 22:34
Location: Telford, Shropshire

Postby Sy V » Mon 14.04.2008, 07:11

Bloodhound hell, Geoff.

How old are you?

They were going out of service in my first few years in the RAF!
Attachments
7.gif
Confused...
7.gif (2.66 KiB) Viewed 7306 times
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby Sy V » Mon 14.04.2008, 07:13

...and that w*nker Wilson had a lot to answer for:

shitcanned
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby GeoffSmith » Mon 14.04.2008, 12:57

Sy V wrote:How old are you?


Not that old - I didn't say I worked there when they were being made! :D
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby philip_sloper » Sun 20.04.2008, 18:56

I plan to go to the next one, which is May 25th.

Anyone else going?
User avatar
philip_sloper
Fanatic
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun 20.04.2003, 12:07
Location: Nr Stourbridge, West Midlands

Postby Rogerf » Sun 20.04.2008, 20:24

Sorry can't make this one as it's 'Whit' week and holiday time. :wink:
User avatar
Rogerf
Fanatic
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu 14.04.2005, 22:34
Location: Telford, Shropshire

Postby Sy V » Tue 22.04.2008, 06:46

philip_sloper wrote:I plan to go to the next one, which is May 25th.

Anyone else going?


Yep!
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby Sy V » Fri 23.05.2008, 08:33

I've not forgotten this time but the weather forecast for Sunday is SHITE!
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby philip_sloper » Fri 23.05.2008, 19:36

Yes, it does look a bit wet.
I'll wait and see what it looks like on the day.
If not, the next one is June 29th.
User avatar
philip_sloper
Fanatic
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun 20.04.2003, 12:07
Location: Nr Stourbridge, West Midlands

Postby Sy V » Sun 25.05.2008, 07:19

It has just started hammering down with rain - as forecast.
This Bromsgrovian's going nowhere today, sorry.
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby philip_sloper » Sun 25.05.2008, 10:00

I decided against it too.

I'll try the next one on June 29th, by which time I hope it will be summer!
User avatar
philip_sloper
Fanatic
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun 20.04.2003, 12:07
Location: Nr Stourbridge, West Midlands

Postby Rogerf » Sat 28.06.2008, 19:58

anyone going?
i think i'll take a drive over if the weather stays ok!!

Roger
User avatar
Rogerf
Fanatic
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu 14.04.2005, 22:34
Location: Telford, Shropshire

Postby philip_sloper » Sun 29.06.2008, 18:07

Rogerf wrote:anyone going?
i think i'll take a drive over if the weather stays ok!!

Roger


Sorry, didn't see your post until after I got back! Were you the other red M100 there?

A good turnout, with an interesting selection of cars, modern and classic. Definitely worth the trip, I will go again.
User avatar
philip_sloper
Fanatic
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun 20.04.2003, 12:07
Location: Nr Stourbridge, West Midlands

Postby Rogerf » Sun 29.06.2008, 22:23

Yes Phil,it was me.
This is the second one i've been to and it was a good turn out of a great selection of car enthusiasts.But,there wasn't as many as the first time i went,maybe people were unsure of the weather!
It's an ideal meet for me as i only live 10 mins away.
Cheers,
Roger
User avatar
Rogerf
Fanatic
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu 14.04.2005, 22:34
Location: Telford, Shropshire

PreviousNext

Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest