Are we comparable with elise on the track/road?

An area set aside for the planning of track days, discussions on circuits and to share your good and bad experiences of life in the fast lane.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Are we comparable with elise on the track/road?

Postby joop » Fri 11.07.2008, 05:49

Just wondering...are we comparable with elise on the track/road?
Anyone have any experience to share? :)
joop
Newbie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue 05.12.2006, 08:57

Postby tweetdriver63 » Fri 11.07.2008, 06:10

I haven't driven an Elise, and I also haven't done any track time in my Elan yet, but based on what I read here over a period of time, I'd say the Elan is better on the road, and the Elise is better on the track. I think the cars were designed with those tendencies built in. The Elan was meant to be more road-friendly and accessible to mortals, while the Elise is much more of a street-legal race car.

Please, somebody with actual firsthand knowledge, jump in anytime.
Chris
______________________________________

'91 Elan SE
'04 MB C230 Sport Coupe
'08 Mercury Mariner Hybrid
'12 Evora S GP Edition (In my dreams - HA!)
User avatar
tweetdriver63
God
 
Posts: 2688
Joined: Tue 07.08.2007, 17:12
Location: Mississippi,USA

Postby Enright » Fri 11.07.2008, 07:03

See here: http://lotuselancentral.com/forum/viewt ... ight=elise
Monty and Nige have had a lot of experience of them on track - try doing a search for posts by either of them containing the word "elise" and you should get loads of results.
If you have any further questions perhaps you could add to one of the existing topics about it...?
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...! :P

BCingU,
Neil ;-)
User avatar
Enright
Modificator
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: Sun 19.12.2004, 19:21
Location: Arnold, Nottingham, England


Return to Circuits & Track Days

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron