Herts, Mancs & Essex Swordfishdishoftheday 30/6

Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Postby Dave Eds » Thu 03.07.2008, 20:34

Yippppeeeeee - I'm in :-D


Edit! could do this though


http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ ... =17177&hl=
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby rip » Thu 03.07.2008, 21:52

Chelmsford? That's almost as far as my parents' house.
Ok, so it's not much further than Dunmow & if SB can drive 2 hours for a meet, then I can too.
Just thought..there could be some hooning with Esprits involved :-D :-D It's sounding better all the time.

I'll wait for Josler & Matt's input. I've just texted Joss cuz he hasn't been around on here lately & his Elan needs some excercise :lol:
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Postby Dico » Fri 04.07.2008, 17:32

I'm easy for either.
Might need a lift from Stansted or somewhere on the A12 for the second event ;-)

Having a curry in 10 mins mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
(and my first can of the weekend is half empty!)
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
User avatar
Dico
Fool Boy Four - Founder
 
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
Location: Moderator Manchester

Postby rip » Fri 04.07.2008, 20:57

Dico wrote:Might need a lift from Stansted or somewhere on the A12 for the second event ;-)


Minor detail. Not even any need to ask :smt023
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Postby Dave Eds » Fri 04.07.2008, 22:49

Dico there's a truck stop at the Boreham Interchange on the A12 - but you ain't stopping there cos you're going with bandanaman in the steam engine from Birchanger, whilst I follow in the Norwich Custard Yeller :wink:
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby Dico » Sat 05.07.2008, 07:57

Good stuff boys. Birchanger would be a better option for me.
Just to confirm- Its this Tuesday, the 8th?
Will give you a ring on Tuesday Rips. I assume you are working in Northampton?
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
User avatar
Dico
Fool Boy Four - Founder
 
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
Location: Moderator Manchester

Postby rip » Sat 05.07.2008, 09:48

Dico wrote:Good stuff boys. Birchanger would be a better option for me.
Just to confirm- Its this Tuesday, the 8th?
Will give you a ring on Tuesday Rips. I assume you are working in Northampton?


Yes. Should be finishing in Northampton at about 4.30 like last time.
I will take a different route this time though, so I hope to be a bit quicker.
Yep, Tuesday 8th.

& Boreham is around the far side of Chelmsford. I really don't think you would be wanting to start out from there on Wednesday morning anyway.
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Postby Dico » Sat 05.07.2008, 14:46

Nice one. See you at Birchanger, just don't bring me a bloody bandana to wear 8)
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
User avatar
Dico
Fool Boy Four - Founder
 
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
Location: Moderator Manchester

Postby Gary » Sat 05.07.2008, 18:03

Dico wrote:Nice one. See you at Birchanger, just don't bring me a bloody bandana to wear 8)



:clap:
Ex owner of S2 no 480 and Red SE
User avatar
Gary
God
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 18:04
Location: Rutland

Postby rip » Wed 13.08.2008, 21:03

Been a while & I quite fancy a curry & I have a debt to pay :wink:

How about next week? Joss should be on earlies & I hope to see him in the pub tomorrow night.

I believe the trucker is still on hols. If so, it doesn't have to be a Tuesday, not that I have a problem with that.
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Postby Paul.P » Wed 13.08.2008, 22:38

rip wrote:I believe the trucker is still on hols.


He's bad, & he's back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
Paul.P
God
 
Posts: 4970
Joined: Sun 14.12.2003, 18:18
Location: Oakham, Rutland

Postby rip » Wed 13.08.2008, 23:04

Paul.P wrote:
rip wrote:I believe the trucker is still on hols.


He's bad, & he's back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


In that case, curry on Tuesday? :D
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Postby dapinky » Thu 14.08.2008, 00:10

I might be in the area on Monday :D
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it


...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
dapinky
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby rip » Thu 14.08.2008, 08:28

dapinky wrote:I might be in the area on Monday :D


If Dico is not back to work yet (not seen him around here) then Monday is fine with me.
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Postby Dico » Fri 15.08.2008, 20:26

I'm back, and easy, if Pinkers fancies Monday.
User avatar
Dico
Fool Boy Four - Founder
 
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
Location: Moderator Manchester

Postby dapinky » Sat 16.08.2008, 19:09

Okay, I don't know how the timing for you lot normally work, but i should be leaving Wymondham (Norfolk) at about 1500, driving M11, M25, M4, M5 )via wherever is a good place to meet & eat.

If Monday is okay with you, I can delay my journey to accomodate whatever you normally do!

Edit - just to say that if Monday isn't any good (especially for Paul), then don't ruin it all on my account, stick with, your usual day - Angie and me will still find somewhere to eat on our way home :wink:
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it


...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
dapinky
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby rip » Sun 17.08.2008, 08:51

I think we may be a bit late for you.
I won't be back home from work until 6, then by the time I get turned around & out again, I won't be able to get to Stortford much before 8.
Stortford is on the M11 though.

...but I have not heard back from Joss or Spuds yet????

I guess you are not going to be able to check the thread tomorrow, so my mobile no. is in a PM I have sent you.
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Postby tigerdog » Mon 18.08.2008, 05:24

Have a vindaloo for me, guys. I'm jealous - it's nearly impossible to find a good curry where I live. Tell how hot the vindaloo was when we meet at Hethel. :-D
User avatar
tigerdog
God
 
Posts: 2715
Joined: Tue 20.03.2007, 09:07
Location: San Diego, CA, USA

Postby Dave Eds » Wed 20.08.2008, 21:03

So now Dico's back and so am I, what about next Tuesday, as I have a wheel to go north :wink:
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby Paul.P » Wed 20.08.2008, 22:14

Dave Eds wrote:So now Dico's back and so am I, what about next Tuesday, as I have a wheel to go north :wink:


Yea, & i have a PCE to go south :wink:
JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
Paul.P
God
 
Posts: 4970
Joined: Sun 14.12.2003, 18:18
Location: Oakham, Rutland

PreviousNext

Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest