Southern Scoff & Spin 2008

Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Postby stevieshag » Wed 30.07.2008, 21:11

we would be interested, but wrong wknd for us... :(
oh summer!! the time to go topless...


black lotus elan se (kermit)
Mitsibushi outlander
suzuki gsx 750 W (Gonzo)
stevieshag
God
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Sat 10.07.2004, 23:30
Location: stonehenge

Postby Nige » Fri 01.08.2008, 22:20

chris.t wrote:I'll try and rally the troops at the Aug meet nige. Weston is more than double the distance for most of us though.


Thanks Chris. I don't mind if its only a few or a few more the offer still stands. Equally I don't mind if the general view is to head off to Weston.

I'll catch up when I return to the (su)real world in a week or so, have a good H&C on Thu and hope to see you either on the SS&S at the end of the month, or at the H&C in Sep (although I have some more trips coming up).
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Postby Nige » Mon 18.08.2008, 22:23

The only takers seem to be Chris, Jim and Kier? Do the four of us want to do this or is this now canned as we build up to Hethel?
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Postby chris.t » Mon 18.08.2008, 22:28

The way August is going it'll be tipping it down with rain. My vote is to postpone until next year but if it goes ahead i will support as always.

Cheers Chris
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Postby Nige » Mon 18.08.2008, 22:33

Thanks for the quick response Chris, 18 Aug and I put the heating on this evening, so much for global warming! We'll see what Jim and Kier have to say, I really don't mind either way, having made the offer I feel oblged to stick with it and Lynn is still happy but If people want to postpone then I'm fine with that as well.
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Postby Kier » Mon 18.08.2008, 23:01

happy to postpone, I may visit the event at Weston Super Mare instead usless it's tipping down with rain!
User avatar
Kier
Fanatic
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed 13.07.2005, 20:48
Location: Bournemouth

Postby muley » Wed 20.08.2008, 07:43

Nige

Either event would be fine, but we'd prefer Dorset.

Can we say 'weather permitting' though! The weather lately has been atrocious and I think a barbie has to be part of the deal?

But if we postpone, its' not a problem.

Regards

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Postby Nige » Sun 24.08.2008, 08:56

Jim is positive that he want to go ahead, Chris is on as well as am I. Therfore there will be a Southern Scoff and Spin next Sun 31 Aug unless the weather is truly awful (as it is here this morning). Plan is to meet at my place (if you are interested PM me for an address) around 1030-1100, go onto Monkey World near Wareham at a leisurely pace and return to my place for a BBQ late afternoon early evening. We will do all the salady rabbit (monkey?) type food that goes with a BBQ and all I ask is that you bring your choice of protein to be charcoaled, this can sit in our fridge whilst we are out and about.
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Re: Southern Scoff & Spin 2008

Postby Kier » Tue 26.08.2008, 23:13

Excellent, glad to hear this is back on, see you Sunday :)
User avatar
Kier
Fanatic
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed 13.07.2005, 20:48
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Southern Scoff & Spin 2008

Postby chris.t » Sat 30.08.2008, 19:21

Now that the SELOC event at WSM has been cancelled are we going to get more takers for the SSS?
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: Southern Scoff & Spin 2008

Postby dapinky » Sat 30.08.2008, 20:04

chris.t wrote:Now that the SELOC event at WSM has been cancelled are we going to get more takers for the SSS?



Maybe ;-)

I have been in contact with Nige.........

...it is only me and Iain (+ Lexi) as Angie, Paul & Ailwyn are otherwise engaged, and i think Geoff is busy in the garage!

It will depend lots on the weather in the morning - we will be doing something, it is just a decision as to what it will be :lol:
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it


...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
dapinky
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Re: Southern Scoff & Spin 2008

Postby chris.t » Sat 30.08.2008, 20:54

dapinky wrote:
chris.t wrote:Now that the SELOC event at WSM has been cancelled are we going to get more takers for the SSS?



Maybe ;-)

I have been in contact with Nige.........

...it is only me and Iain (+ Lexi) as Angie, Paul & Ailwyn are otherwise engaged, and i think Geoff is busy in the garage!

It will depend lots on the weather in the morning - we will be doing something, it is just a decision as to what it will be :lol:

I was just a bit concerned that Nige was going to be taking on more than he thought. If you've been in touch i 'm sure everything will be ok. Forecast for tomorrow doesn't look to bad for the pm btw
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: Southern Scoff & Spin 2008

Postby Kier » Mon 01.09.2008, 00:52

Considering I was woken up by the sound of rain, I can't beleive we managed to do the trip roof down (except Nige due to hard top) on the way to monkey world and the way back! Plus no rain whilst walking around monkey world, or during BBQ ... AND that was with Jim (rain man) attending! :lol:

Good to see you all, thanks to everyone for the grub back at Nige's. Thanks to Nige & family for letting us into their home!

Several pics can be found in an album here..


http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... =595515950




Here's just a few.........

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
Kier
Fanatic
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed 13.07.2005, 20:48
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Southern Scoff & Spin 2008

Postby chris.t » Mon 01.09.2008, 12:54

So glad we went ahead with this after looking at the weather forecast. Really enjoyed Monkey World, good to see that those poor animals are getting to see a bit of life. Could have spent longer there actually. BBQ was excellent, thanks Nige for allowing us to decend on you. Took it easy on the way back and arrived home at 11.45pm.

Here are some photos anyway.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: Southern Scoff & Spin 2008

Postby Kier » Mon 01.09.2008, 17:38

I left my monkey pics off of this forum, was going to post them on the monkey forum I alway visit ;)
User avatar
Kier
Fanatic
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed 13.07.2005, 20:48
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Southern Scoff & Spin 2008

Postby chris.t » Mon 01.09.2008, 17:48

Kier wrote:I left my monkey pics off of this forum, was going to post them on the monkey forum I alway visit ;)

Just to show everyone what they missed, boring looking at cars all the time :poke:
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: Southern Scoff & Spin 2008

Postby rjbean » Tue 23.09.2008, 18:52

I'm so sorry I missed this, I've been so busy i've not had time to look at the forum.
Glad you all had a good time
User avatar
rjbean
Fanatic
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun 18.04.2004, 08:41
Location: West Sussex

Previous

Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests