Reports From Hethel - How Was It For You

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, nitroman, Specky, clemo, Nige, Dave Eds, Sy V, GeoffSmith, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

Re: Reports From Hethel - How Was It For You

Postby Rambo » Fri 19.09.2008, 21:59

Nice captions guys. I particularly Like DaveT's " Krishna devotee only one to avoid sinking sand" and Geoff's reply
"...but not the seagull droppings"

But F1's is my favourite "Is that a tripod under your shirt or are you just pleased to see me"

Here's my contribution - Norfolk pervert searches for Uranus
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby chris.t » Fri 19.09.2008, 22:18

DaveT wrote:Krishna devotee only one to avoid sinking sand

ermmm the ones with the green hair have nearly completely disappeared
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
chris.t
God

Postby Specky » Sat 20.09.2008, 09:12

Here's a few pics

Many thanks to all involved and also those LEF Fellas.....especially Kimbers... (Little and Big)

TTFN
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
Specky

Postby markv » Sat 20.09.2008, 11:50

Specky wrote:Here's a few pics...

Did I see you videoing the convoy from Dunstan Hall? Will you be posting that later on?
Regards

Mark/.
markv
God

Postby Specky » Sat 20.09.2008, 12:16

markv wrote:
Specky wrote:Here's a few pics...

Did I see you videoing the convoy from Dunstan Hall? Will you be posting that later on?

Nope..

a few photos of the convoy leaving... but every one raced off...

TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
Specky

Postby Specky » Sat 20.09.2008, 21:50

a poorly car...

TTFN
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Specky

Postby G UK » Sat 20.09.2008, 22:26

Great weekend guys and good to meet you all (again).

That is except for the 5th gear problems, trying to drive in convoy for the last 15miles on the Saturday Fish & Chip Run stuck in 5th was a challenge.
Lets end the Stigma https://www.mind.org.uk/

https://gridcoin.ddns.net
Gridcoin: S4FDVBgDBUDhq2j5DQE4pkK786uJYnEmDo
Bitshares: g-uk https://wallet.bitshares.org
G UK
Fanatic

Postby Dave Eds » Sat 20.09.2008, 22:34

G UK wrote:Great weekend guys and good to meet you all (again).

That is except for the 5th gear problems, trying to drive in convoy for the last 15miles on the Saturday Fish & Chip Run stuck in 5th was a challenge.

At least you were going the right way. :-D
'92 NM SE '90 Calypso SE now sold '10 Evora NA '62 Wolseley 1500

Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
Dave Eds

Location: High Cross, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby Steve A » Sun 21.09.2008, 17:32

DSCF1182.JPG
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
Steve A
God

Postby Stef » Mon 22.09.2008, 08:47

Does anyone know on here what was going on with the troubled red Elan? Obviously wheels were beign changed but what happened?
Men are like a fine wine.
They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the sh * t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
Stef
TVR/PistonHeads Ambassador

Postby Sy V » Mon 22.09.2008, 08:58

I'll let the Driveshaft-fiddler fill you in, Stef.

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
Sy V
LEC Godfather

Postby theelanman » Mon 22.09.2008, 09:00

explanation removed to suit Sys previous post.......

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

I was in the middle of typing when you posted :-D
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
theelanman

Postby Doug » Mon 22.09.2008, 09:51

Geoff let his eyes wander to the thin young lass on the side of the road;

he lifted his hand from the wheel to return the kiss she had blown his way when -- BLAAAM !!
Doug
LEC Founder

Postby Doug » Mon 22.09.2008, 09:55

Sy V wrote:I'll let the Driveshaft-fiddler fill you in, Stef.

I swear the first time I read that it made plain sense,

but every time since the double entendre has me giggling like a school girl (nice work Sy)
Doug
LEC Founder

Postby Gary » Mon 22.09.2008, 12:58

Stef wrote:Does anyone know on here what was going on with the troubled red Elan? Obviously wheels were beign changed but what happened?

When I asked the same question on another thread I got told off for not reading every thread on LEC and hence knowing all about it !
Ex owner of S2 no 480 and Red SE
Gary
God

Postby TomE » Tue 23.09.2008, 01:55

Wanted to post up a belated thank you for a great weekend in Norfolk (work has been more than slightly hectic last week with all the banks playing rollercoasters and bumper cars :smt119 ). Firstly, thanks to everyone involved in organising accommodation, runs, talks, T-shirts, meals, convoys, beers, "interesting short cuts" (chris t!), stands, parking etc. Also thanks to all the fellow Elan and Lotus enthusiasts who made it such a great weekend of car fanaticism :D

As my first LEC event - wow! That's going to be hard to beat! A three-day late pass from SWMBO helped ( :smt058 ) and I started as I meant to continue, with a huge fry up at a transport cafe early on Saturday on the way to Dunston. Fish & chip lunch and evening BBQ did a great job on the arteries too.

Highlights for me? All of it, but if I had to pick:
    - the sight and sound of 15ish Elans in convoy across the Norfolk countryside on Saturday, some great roads and scenery plus some great reactions from people we passed
    - previewing the Evora exhibition on Saturday - I'd crawled all over the show car at B&C on the Wed before, but great to see the whole story and chat to the development team
    - excellent instruction at Snetterton on Monday, and overtaking a 2-11 (OK, so it had spun onto the infield shortly after passing me!)
A few minor niggles:
    - struggled a tad to keep up with the return convoy on Saturday with no navigator or satnav - should've stopped to pick up one of the locals who'd asked for a ride?!
    - the Sunday queues (but alleviated by excellent company from Doug 8) )
    - completely fried my brakes at Snet - think that new Wilwood upgrade may be heading my way soon
    - the thought of having to look after the kids for 3 whole days while SWMBO gets the return favour :wink:
A few Elan-related pics below - my Evora ones are over on the Evora Forum here, along with my interior shots from the B&C evening here.

Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image
TomE
Enthusiast

Postby Dave Eds » Tue 23.09.2008, 09:13

Glad you enjoyed the weekend Tom. :D

I must apologise though - I never introduced myself to you and I've only just worked out who you are (names to faces etc). :oops:

16 Elans to the coast was a blast, and cured a minor morning after headache too. :roll:
'92 NM SE '90 Calypso SE now sold '10 Evora NA '62 Wolseley 1500

Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
Dave Eds

Location: High Cross, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby ShaunM » Tue 23.09.2008, 14:03

The highlight for me was the saturday for sure. From the warm welcome from Sy and Mrs Vickers on arriving at the car park, the entire day was excellent. Thanks to DaveT for the great ride to Southwold + Dunwich and the best Fish I've ever tasted (and coming from Norfolk that's saying something). Thanks for Blair for being a great passenger, we talked constantly all the way and back, which is why we got lost (sorry Kieron). Also a second apology to Kieron for our constant accelerating and braking on the way back - we where having fun with Blair's iPod which measured G Forces and the such like! Blair, I hope you can post some pics in the gallery, it will be good to see what you've done to your car.

I enjoyed the BBQ at Hethel, especially the convoy there and back, and it was good to see the Evora in the flesh. The great day ended for me with the talk from Mike Kimberley and Peter Stevens, I was spell-bound :D I'll always think of Howards Way when I wash the rear lights and that seam on the boot is now annoying me!

Sunday was good, but I thought the 40th Bash last year was ever-so-slightly better, with the factory layout set up being better, plus more signage and the bag of freebies that where lacking this time round. The queue at the merchandise shop was really annoying - especially as you had to pay at 2 places - one for Lotus Classic stuff and one for Lotus Sport Stuff, but it was good to see Lotus merchandise being so popular. I was walking my parents and niece and nephew around and they had a great time (even missed the queues to get the Hethel) and that day was really for them, so well done Lotus. I didn't really look at the stand, and managed to forget to hand over my donation from the sale of my plate and also pick up the DVD from Nige :oops: The best parts of Sunday for me where the Car Park of Lotus Cars from all around the world (how lucky I am that I live in Norwich) and it was great to see some really rare cars dotted such as the Lotus Elan Estate.

I'm looking forward to the next event now.

Pics Saturday http://www.flickr.com/photos/77938658@N ... 5918/show/

and Sunday http://www.flickr.com/photos/77938658@N ... 7450/show/
------------------------------------------
Dr Shaun Marrison
Managing Director
Google Adwords Experts www.internetadvertisingsolutions.co.uk
ShaunM
Fanatic

Postby Specky » Tue 23.09.2008, 14:28

Cool Pics

Love the one of Monty...... "SLOW"... says it all really... :wink:

TTFN
Specky

Postby DaveT » Wed 24.09.2008, 14:03

8)
THE PIMPERNEL MOD

Don't get mad- get even!!
Good days are Elan days
DaveT

PreviousNext

Return to Historical Events Archive