SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of Month

Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby Nige » Wed 03.09.2008, 19:59

Hope to be there tomorrow, will depend on work.
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby Kier » Wed 03.09.2008, 20:28

I will be there :-) Could also help with the wheels Jim as I am going now, however it looks like you are sorted


EDIT - Not going to make it now. :cry:
User avatar
Kier
Fanatic
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed 13.07.2005, 20:48
Location: Bournemouth

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby Nige » Thu 04.09.2008, 19:22

Oh well 20 past 7 just got in and not feeling like an hour each way in the courtesy car from the paint shop so a no show tonight from me either.
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby muley » Fri 05.09.2008, 08:58

OK, we had a small but high quality turnout last night.

Jim*
Nick and Lynne (still no takers for his car :( )
Chris
Rob and Michelle


A wide range of topics were covered and discussion about Xmas lunch - there'll be another post about that..

Kitty now at £1.51 (found 1p on the floor!)

Safe journeys,

Until next time

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4524
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby chris.t » Fri 05.09.2008, 09:08

Good to see you all again last night and as discussed i have now posted in the 'Events UK' section re the Xmas lunch and planned Tarka Trail cycle ride

Xmas Lunch

Tarka Trail
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby muley » Tue 30.09.2008, 11:04

Hi

Anyone going this Thursday?

Jim :poke:
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4524
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby stevieshag » Tue 30.09.2008, 11:29

Hi Jim,
wont be attending this month as its the wrong shift for us again..
Chris can fill you in on all the news...
oh summer!! the time to go topless...


black lotus elan se (kermit)
Mitsibushi outlander
suzuki gsx 750 W (Gonzo)
stevieshag
God
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Sat 10.07.2004, 23:30
Location: stonehenge

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby chris.t » Tue 30.09.2008, 18:57

yep don't worry stevie i'll make sure they get the news. So who'll be there then, just you and me Jim eh.

Cheers Chris
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby Nige » Tue 30.09.2008, 19:43

Plan on being there. If so probably in the Alfa as if MarkV makes it Ineed to recover the LEC stand and my steering rack he kindly brought back from Hethel for me. I'll PM to see if he's going.
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby muley » Tue 30.09.2008, 19:59

Nige wrote:Plan on being there. If so probably in the Alfa as if MarkV makes it Ineed to recover the LEC stand and my steering rack he kindly brought back from Hethel for me. I'll PM to see if he's going.



Last I heard he won't be coming. However, if I can easily cruise by his place and pick the stuff up if needed...


HTH

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4524
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby Lotusnick » Tue 30.09.2008, 20:00

I'm gonna TRY and get there!
I got loads of work at the moment :-D :-D :-D :-D
User avatar
Lotusnick
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri 05.08.2005, 22:22
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby markv » Tue 30.09.2008, 21:32

I might be there, but won't know until the day as my wife hasn't been out of hospital long. If I don't go, can I PM you Jim about collecting Nige's items? If I do go, it will be in the Honda as Elan not yet fixed :cry:
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby Nige » Tue 30.09.2008, 21:36

Mark, sorry to hear about your wife I was not aware, all best wishes for a full recovery. If you don't come I'd be grateful if the stand and rack could come by other means to take them off your hands (thanks for the offer Jim). However, if they are not causing you any problem then I'm not in a rush and can wait until you are able to get out.
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby muley » Tue 30.09.2008, 23:00

markv wrote:I might be there, but won't know until the day as my wife hasn't been out of hospital long. If I don't go, can I PM you Jim about collecting Nige's items? If I do go, it will be in the Honda as Elan not yet fixed :cry:



Sure

Not a problem. Hope Shirley makes a full and speedy recovery


Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4524
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby GROMIT » Wed 01.10.2008, 13:37

a no show for me got my elan back :D and is missfiring alot part,s wont arive from lotus untill fri so il be stuck in farnborough untill then. may be next mouth :beer: all the best untill then gromit.
GROMIT
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Thu 25.03.2004, 18:07

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby Kier » Wed 01.10.2008, 22:32

I will be there. Nige, not sure how much space you need to collect your stuff, but if you want me to bring anything back in my car I'm happy to do so (maybe that will allow you to drive Elan style?).
User avatar
Kier
Fanatic
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed 13.07.2005, 20:48
Location: Bournemouth

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby rjbean » Thu 02.10.2008, 09:18

We'll be there. In the snotter though. Brakes failed on elan (Pad lining came away from metal backing :shock: ) and I haven't had time to change pads yet.
User avatar
rjbean
Fanatic
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun 18.04.2004, 08:41
Location: West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby markv » Thu 02.10.2008, 11:01

I'm planning to be there tonight, with Nige's delivery (might also show off some of my Lotus 60th Anniversary memorabilia purchases - I have a spare mug which I might sell). I aim to arrive earlier than usual for me, c. 8pm, and leave earlier.
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby Nige » Thu 02.10.2008, 14:22

I will definitely be there and thanks Mark for bringing the stuff. I will be in Norma rather than the Alfa as Lynn needs the Alfa to get meet Katies social committments! However as I still don't have a passenger seat in Norma and am empty boot I should be ok on space especially if Kier can help.

Kier, thanks for the offer we will see if I need the space based on the above.
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby chris.t » Thu 02.10.2008, 22:22

Hope you all had a good night, typing this while i've got pink floyd turned up full volume - yes dee is away :twisted:
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

PreviousNext

Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests