SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of Month

Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby muley » Tue 02.12.2008, 10:16

chris.t wrote:...

and yes I've had a bad day :evil:


So, nothing new there, then.

I'll be there (with my menu choices) on THURSDAY.

toodle pip


Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby markv » Wed 03.12.2008, 00:25

Waiting to hear how my Lotus is doing - head gasket problem was confirmed by Steve Williams last Friday :(
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby chris.t » Wed 03.12.2008, 17:39

might be just the 2 of us Jim
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby Lotusnick » Wed 03.12.2008, 17:44

I'm gonna try and sneak out too
User avatar
Lotusnick
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri 05.08.2005, 22:22
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby GROMIT » Wed 03.12.2008, 19:16

snap mark had my head gasket replased by steve last mouth great job but ££££, im of to amsterdam on friday morning so my not make it :wink: untill new year if so hope you all have a great xmas and hope to see you then . gromit
GROMIT
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Thu 25.03.2004, 18:07

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby markv » Wed 03.12.2008, 21:09

GROMIT wrote:snap mark had my head gasket replased by steve last mouth great job but ££££, im of to amsterdam on friday morning so my not make it :wink: untill new year if so hope you all have a great xmas and hope to see you then . gromit

He's warned me it's going to cost.....
Waiting on head gasket from Lotus, so won't be repaired until the weekend at the earliest. I might come along in the Honda, but it depends on work.
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby rjbean » Thu 04.12.2008, 10:34

Michelle and I will be there. Probablt not in the elan though as it still at garage awaiting alternator refurb. If she pulls her finger out maybe in the mini as it's almost finished. But, probably in one of the others.
User avatar
rjbean
Fanatic
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun 18.04.2004, 08:41
Location: West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby Nige » Thu 04.12.2008, 19:20

Doesn't look as thoughI'll make it tonight :( . I could blame pressure of work, but there again I could be more honest and admit I'm still recovering from a work Christmas do last night :-D .

Rob, If you have been able to get my turbo adaptor plate milled down thank you and sorry I'm unable to be there to collect it tonight. I won't be at the Christmas meal this year either as it's Lynn's dad's65th that weekend. So it looks as though it will be Januaryu before I see you.
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby muley » Thu 04.12.2008, 20:03

Nige wrote:Doesn't look as thoughI'll make it tonight :( . I could blame pressure of work, but there again I could be more honest and admit I'm still recovering from a work Christmas do last night :-D .

Rob, If you have been able to get my turbo adaptor plate milled down thank you and sorry I'm unable to be there to collect it tonight. I won't be at the Christmas meal this year either as it's Lynn's dad's65th that weekend. So it looks as though it will be Januaryu before I see you.



Nige

Fair enough. Have a good Xmas. Kindest regards to all the family




Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby muley » Fri 05.12.2008, 18:52

Well, considering the weather (cold and damp) we had a good turnout last night


Me*
Rob&Michelle (and bump)
Deirdre&Chris
Nick
Rob S

Discussion covered early motoring(largely minis) / the credit crunch :( / housing market / removing turbos / heating engineering etc etc

Xmas meal order was placed.

IMPORTANT
-------------

Discussion re which evening. JB proposed a reversal to Wednesday / seconded CT / passed unanimously.

SO. Next meeting will be on WEDNESDAY January 7th and then the first WED of every month from then on.

Kitty stands at £8.70

Safe journeys.

Have a good Xmas and a Prosperous and Fruitful ;) 2009

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby markv » Sat 06.12.2008, 00:56

Sorry I didn't get there - too busy at work, but I WILL make it in January! Gutted to hear I missed a chance to reminisce about Minis - my first three cars were all Minis (and my very first one was a Mini Countryman, coincidentally a similar red to my Elan, with wood cladding, amazing long gearstick, push button starter and "garden" along where the sliding windows go). I'd better stop there or it'll end up a very long post!

Hope you all have a great Christmas.
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby markv » Wed 10.12.2008, 01:21

Latest update

- it's my birthday :D
- another year older :cry:
- got the Elan back today :D
- head gasket repaired :D
- cost £££s :cry: :cry: :cry:
- rad fans both seized - will need doing before it gets warm and before I next get stuck in traffic :cry: :cry:
- drove Elan from garage to work, top down :D
- it was b****y freezing! :cry:
- ... but Elan felt better than ever :D
- drove home from work, top down :D
- rheostat problem - no dial illumination at all on journey :cry:
- even colder than this morning! I lost the feeling in my fingers :cry:
- I'll have to look up the threads on rheostat problems - it's happened a couple of times before and righted itself :?
- found thread on replacement fans and have added myself to the list :D
- no excuses - I'll be at the January meeting! :D :D :D
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby chris.t » Wed 10.12.2008, 10:35

Happy birthday Mark, I bet its good to have the Elan back despite the niggles. You're all set for the summer now. I know that if its not raining then its good to have the roof down but there are limits especially if hyperthermia is an issue :lol: Remember the Jan meet is on the 1st wednesday!!!!

Oh and have a good Christmas Image
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby ailwyn » Wed 10.12.2008, 10:44

Chris,

Do you want me to post the date in the thread title?

A.
ailwyn
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3361
Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby chris.t » Wed 10.12.2008, 10:51

ailwyn wrote:Chris,

Do you want me to post the date in the thread title?

A.


Yes please A, that would be useful. Also has there been a decision re the home page 'Meets' section?

edit/ cos the meet is now on the 1st weds not the thursday
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby ailwyn » Wed 10.12.2008, 11:55

On my list to do Chris.

H & C still?
ailwyn
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3361
Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET

Postby chris.t » Wed 10.12.2008, 13:37

ailwyn wrote:On my list to do Chris.

H & C still?

Thanks A.

Its still at H&C. After the January meet could you change the thread title to 'Southern Area Meet-1st Wednesday of the Month'.

Cheers
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET - WEDNESDAY January 7th

Postby ailwyn » Wed 10.12.2008, 14:06

I'll change it now if you like?
ailwyn
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3361
Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45

Re: SOUTHERN AREA MEET - WEDNESDAY January 7th

Postby chris.t » Wed 10.12.2008, 14:44

ailwyn wrote:I'll change it now if you like?

yeah may as well. Cheers.

On the home website why not link to the relevant section on the forum for 'Meet' info. This will mean you won't have to keep altering the home site.
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. WEDNESDAY January 7th

Postby ailwyn » Wed 10.12.2008, 14:57

That's part of my plan, need to get some free time though which is the problem at the moment.
ailwyn
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3361
Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45

PreviousNext

Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests