No more TD's at Croft by the looks of things

An area set aside for the planning of track days, discussions on circuits and to share your good and bad experiences of life in the fast lane.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

No more TD's at Croft by the looks of things

Postby chris.t » Tue 27.01.2009, 17:47

Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: No more TD's at Croft by the looks of things

Postby theelanman » Wed 28.01.2009, 02:25

this always infuriates me.....as I bet the track has been there longer than the residents....
they tried this at oulton park a few years ago which is why sunday racing can never start before 12noon....
the rest of the time is unaffected but after this decision I fear that it may all start again...
why would you move next to a racing track if expected peace and quiet everyday of the week..... :censored:
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
User avatar
theelanman
Moderator
 
Posts: 7296
Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
Location: peak district

Re: No more TD's at Croft by the looks of things

Postby abmunro » Wed 28.01.2009, 10:22

I totally agree.

I was hoping to do Croft again this year with LOT.

I used to work at a cokeworks that was closed because residents complained about it.

The cokeworks was there 40 years before any housing estates.

I signed a petition to try to save Croft.

I do hope to see descision overturned.

Did you read that the daughter of the couple used to be married to the Manager of Croft.

Sour grapes come to mind.
91 Elan SE 24k miles, 270 BHP @ 1.25 barg. Roll hoops + fairings+ speed humps Elise lights. S2 alloys. Nitrons& Eibachs,AP's front & Hi Spec rear brakes
User avatar
abmunro
God
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Wed 18.04.2007, 22:46
Location: Chester-Le-Street, Co Durham.

Re: No more TD's at Croft by the looks of things

Postby Rambo » Wed 28.01.2009, 11:02

People are now even complaining to Council's about the noise from church bells. FFS - from a church that's been there possibly hundreds of years. What's more the Councils are pandering to the minorities. Typical of the times and nanny state we live in I'm afraid. Bet they wouldn't even consider noise from churches and race tracks in France - they'd send you away with a courgette stuffed where the sun doesn't shine - sideways as well !!
User avatar
Rambo
Don't push me
 
Posts: 9144
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Both sides of the Tweed

Re: No more TD's at Croft by the looks of things

Postby theelanman » Wed 28.01.2009, 11:31

:censored:

:evil:
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
User avatar
theelanman
Moderator
 
Posts: 7296
Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
Location: peak district

Re: No more TD's at Croft by the looks of things

Postby ailwyn » Wed 28.01.2009, 11:52

Interesting to see what impact this has on the local economy. Hard to see how the track can be a viable business if a large proportion of it's customs is removed.

The interesting comment there is that the family do not object to racing, only the track days WTF? Are trackdays that much louder than racing events? :? This just highlights how idiots can become judges.

Also noted in one of the comments is that the family had applied for permission to convert to a hotel (no doubt to capitalise on the visitors to the circuit).

If it does close then they should add to the employees final payslip the address of the people they should visit to find out why they are out of a job (not that there is probably anyone in the region that doesn't already know).
ailwyn
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3361
Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45

Re: No more TD's at Croft by the looks of things

Postby Monty » Wed 28.01.2009, 17:49

I`ve known about this for weeks, it`s been talked about on Piston Heads, Norlog & LoT. Very bad news indeed amd maybe the circuit owners should just buy them out but there does seem to be more to the story :?

abmunro wrote:
I do hope to see descision overturned.
etc

I believe the Appeal was not overturned :twisted:

So i`ll be doing a Croft day with LoT this year before the circuit is closed :cry:
Image
User avatar
Monty
Chunder King!
 
Posts: 7977
Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
Location: Leeds

Re: No more TD's at Croft by the looks of things

Postby Sy V » Fri 30.01.2009, 11:40

Castle Combe comes under the same pressure from its NIMBY residents too.
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Re: No more TD's at Croft by the looks of things

Postby chris.t » Fri 30.01.2009, 18:59

Goodwood is really tetchy too. They've got one local resident who will complain to the council at a moments notice. It makes me laugh because there is an airfield in the middle of the track which has copters and some aircraft which you can hold a conversation when they are taking off. The resident only complains about the cars though :roll:

LoT had a bad experience at Bedford last year when 13 cars were black flagged for noise and their day was over with no refund.

Thing is its the driveby noise level which catches everyone and to my knowledge I don't know how you can get that tested unless you go on a track day which will relinquish that info and that will be no good to you if you're booted off for noise.
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex


Return to Circuits & Track Days

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest