Spotted

Post here if your topic fits no other thread in this category.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: Spotted

Postby DaveT » Mon 19.01.2009, 09:24

Jackonicko wrote:I'd be tempted to pose it properly (preferably in a red car) if we get more snow, though.



If you start now Jon you wont need the false beard.

Red car and Santa sounds good. Can you find a reindeer as well and a big sack and take the car away from all the others and clean it first!!!!!!!!!

Dont ask much eh!!!
THE PIMPERNEL MOD

Don't get mad- get even!!
Good days are Elan days
User avatar
DaveT
Sadly departed but never forgotten
 
Posts: 2183
Joined: Fri 04.11.2005, 17:35
Location: Lincs

Re: Spotted

Postby mnemonix » Mon 19.01.2009, 10:13

Jackonicko wrote:I don't think that pics taken in 2008 should really be valid for the 2009 calendar


Wait, wait, wait, so what are you suggesting ? Only pictures taken in 2009 should be used ?
I foresee some temporal problems with that.
User avatar
mnemonix
Fanatic
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue 02.09.2008, 10:40
Location: West London

Re: Spotted

Postby Jackonicko » Mon 19.01.2009, 15:53

"Can you find a reindeer as well and a big sack and take the car away from all the others and clean it first!!!!!!!!!"

and, if it were being submitted for the calendar, MAKE SURE THAT HALF THE CAR ISN'T CROPPED OFF, that there's a nice background, and, who knows, some snow.
Jackonicko
 

Re: Spotted

Postby dapinky » Thu 12.02.2009, 18:02

Silver G106---, Winterstoke road, W-s-M yesterday afternoon (11/02/09).
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it


...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
dapinky
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Re: Spotted

Postby rip » Thu 12.02.2009, 22:32

Red SE with a heavily condensated plate plinth.
I knew the Spudster was going to meet us for a curry, but I expected us to all leave our Elans at home. I forgot how good a moving Elan looked from behind. :-D
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Re: Spotted

Postby Dave Eds » Fri 13.02.2009, 00:09

rip wrote:Red SE with a heavily condensated plate plinth.
:-D


may be river water :shock:

did several impressions of the Bond Esprit trying to get out of Stortford in the morning to get to work :smt103
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Re: Spotted

Postby steve291274 » Tue 17.02.2009, 19:11

2 spotted in last 2 days. Monday on A12 Northbound about 1ish Aqua Blue and then today in Halstead around 12pm, a very nice yellow S1 on a L plate, looked a match for yours Dave :D
User avatar
steve291274
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun 28.12.2008, 19:59
Location: Elsenham

Re: Spotted

Postby markv » Sat 14.03.2009, 22:30

4pm today in Frances Road, Windsor: Calypso Red - J *** UOM
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

Re: Spotted

Postby Dave Eds » Sun 15.03.2009, 00:11

Today at 'ethel!

One of us?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Re: Spotted

Postby theelanman » Sun 15.03.2009, 21:11

or not spotted as the case may be.....

I cant believe Ive done 350 miles today....on a and b roads....
derbyshire, leistershire, staffordshire and warwickshire.....

not a lotus in sight

where is everyone??????......

its been a chuffin glorious day.....dont tell me you were all washing them :-D
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
User avatar
theelanman
Moderator
 
Posts: 7296
Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
Location: peak district

Re: Spotted

Postby martin_bailey_1 » Sun 15.03.2009, 21:20

Gareth,

I agree, it was really nice this afternoon.

I went for a potter around, but it did seem generally very quiet on the roads .... In fact I only saw 1 other convertible whilst I was out ..... and that was (yes, you've guessed it) an MX5.

Hoping to see a few more Elans next Sunday though.....at Cosford :D

Cheers,

Martin
User avatar
martin_bailey_1
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu 23.10.2008, 16:58
Location: Heath Village, Derbyshire

Re: Spotted

Postby Jackonicko » Sun 15.03.2009, 22:18

Saw a red one in Oxford coming out of North Walls this afternoon. I was in the Rover so didn't wave.....
Jackonicko
 

Re: Spotted

Postby TomE » Tue 17.03.2009, 00:44

BRG SE heading north out of Dorking on the A24 on Sunday afternoon about 3.30pm - reg H***FRK. Guess you didn't spot the guy on the bike waving at you from the cycle track - for a moment I thought someone had pinched mine :roll:
User avatar
TomE
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed 16.02.2005, 01:53
Location: Surrey, UK

Re: Spotted

Postby DaveT » Wed 18.03.2009, 17:59

8)
M100 seen in Layer, Essex earlier this afternoon. I was cloaked so you didnt spot me, and I had the gorgeous sun in my eyes ? p/blue.
THE PIMPERNEL MOD

Don't get mad- get even!!
Good days are Elan days
User avatar
DaveT
Sadly departed but never forgotten
 
Posts: 2183
Joined: Fri 04.11.2005, 17:35
Location: Lincs

Re: Spotted

Postby Gee0 » Fri 20.03.2009, 19:34

Spotted a nice S2 on the M69 at about 2.09pm :roll:

Blue with cool personal reg ## ES (or it could have been SE)

I was in my Volvo S80 (I beeped him and I think I scared the Sh#t out of him by the look on his face) :oops:

G
User avatar
Gee0
Fanatic
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 23:03
Location: Stourport on Severn

Re: Spotted

Postby DaveT » Sat 21.03.2009, 15:19

8)
Rusty aka "Killer" seen heading into Ipswich on Nacton Road. Topless I'm pleased to report.
THE PIMPERNEL MOD

Don't get mad- get even!!
Good days are Elan days
User avatar
DaveT
Sadly departed but never forgotten
 
Posts: 2183
Joined: Fri 04.11.2005, 17:35
Location: Lincs

Re: Spotted

Postby gmacz » Sat 21.03.2009, 17:57

Yellow Elan passing the Pickletillum Inn near St Andrews last Saturday.Did not catch the reg number.
The NaeLan Gives You Nae Trouble.
gmacz
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon 24.07.2006, 18:25
Location: Glamis-Born Dundee Scotland

Re: Spotted

Postby martin_bailey_1 » Sat 21.03.2009, 20:18

Saw a 'J' registered Yellow Elan, at around 3:15 today ...... heading past Carsington Water.
User avatar
martin_bailey_1
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu 23.10.2008, 16:58
Location: Heath Village, Derbyshire

Re: Spotted

Postby JIMBO » Mon 23.03.2009, 22:18

Green Elan with hood up and lights on in the hissing rain heading east along the M4 towards Reading
this afternoon. Private plate M100 BRG ? I was in my blue 5 series BMW, flashed lights and waved.
The driver of the Elan gave me a puzzled look. Probably not used to a polite BMW driver :lol:
Jim
JIMBO
Fanatic
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue 25.11.2003, 23:24

Re: Spotted

Postby Dave Eds » Mon 23.03.2009, 22:20

That would be Nobby - and he always looks puzzled! :roll:
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests