Post here if your topic fits no other thread in this category.
Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
by DaveT » Mon 19.01.2009, 09:24
Jackonicko wrote:I'd be tempted to pose it properly (preferably in a red car) if we get more snow, though.
If you start now Jon you wont need the false beard.
Red car and Santa sounds good. Can you find a reindeer as well and a big sack and take the car away from all the others and clean it first!!!!!!!!!
Dont ask much eh!!!
THE PIMPERNEL MOD
Don't get mad- get even!!
Good days are Elan days
-

DaveT
- Sadly departed but never forgotten
-
- Posts: 2183
- Joined: Fri 04.11.2005, 17:35
- Location: Lincs
by mnemonix » Mon 19.01.2009, 10:13
Jackonicko wrote:I don't think that pics taken in 2008 should really be valid for the 2009 calendar
Wait, wait, wait, so what are you suggesting ? Only pictures taken in 2009 should be used ?
I foresee some temporal problems with that.
-

mnemonix
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Tue 02.09.2008, 10:40
- Location: West London
by Jackonicko » Mon 19.01.2009, 15:53
"Can you find a reindeer as well and a big sack and take the car away from all the others and clean it first!!!!!!!!!"
and, if it were being submitted for the calendar, MAKE SURE THAT HALF THE CAR ISN'T CROPPED OFF, that there's a nice background, and, who knows, some snow.
-
Jackonicko
-
by dapinky » Thu 12.02.2009, 18:02
Silver G106---, Winterstoke road, W-s-M yesterday afternoon (11/02/09).
Dave
Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it
...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
-

dapinky
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 10613
- Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
- Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).
by rip » Thu 12.02.2009, 22:32
Red SE with a heavily condensated plate plinth.
I knew the Spudster was going to meet us for a curry, but I expected us to all leave our Elans at home. I forgot how good a moving Elan looked from behind.

1990 SE
-

rip
- God
-
- Posts: 5905
- Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
- Location: Milton Keynes, UK
by Dave Eds » Fri 13.02.2009, 00:09
rip wrote:Red SE with a heavily condensated plate plinth.

may be river water
did several impressions of the Bond Esprit trying to get out of Stortford in the morning to get to work

-

Dave Eds
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 5136
- Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
- Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else
by steve291274 » Tue 17.02.2009, 19:11
2 spotted in last 2 days. Monday on A12 Northbound about 1ish Aqua Blue and then today in Halstead around 12pm, a very nice yellow S1 on a L plate, looked a match for yours Dave

-

steve291274
- Tinkerer
-
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Sun 28.12.2008, 19:59
- Location: Elsenham
by markv » Sat 14.03.2009, 22:30
4pm today in Frances Road, Windsor: Calypso Red - J *** UOM
Regards
Mark/.
-

markv
- God
-
- Posts: 926
- Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
- Location: Nottingham, UK
by Dave Eds » Sun 15.03.2009, 00:11
Today at 'ethel!
One of us?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-

Dave Eds
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 5136
- Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
- Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else
by theelanman » Sun 15.03.2009, 21:11
or not spotted as the case may be.....
I cant believe Ive done 350 miles today....on a and b roads....
derbyshire, leistershire, staffordshire and warwickshire.....
not a lotus in sight
where is everyone??????......
its been a chuffin glorious day.....dont tell me you were all washing them

I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
-

theelanman
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 7296
- Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
- Location: peak district
-
by martin_bailey_1 » Sun 15.03.2009, 21:20
Gareth,
I agree, it was really nice this afternoon.
I went for a potter around, but it did seem generally very quiet on the roads .... In fact I only saw 1 other convertible whilst I was out ..... and that was (yes, you've guessed it) an MX5.
Hoping to see a few more Elans next Sunday though.....at Cosford

Cheers,
Martin
-

martin_bailey_1
- Enthusiast
-
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Thu 23.10.2008, 16:58
- Location: Heath Village, Derbyshire
by Jackonicko » Sun 15.03.2009, 22:18
Saw a red one in Oxford coming out of North Walls this afternoon. I was in the Rover so didn't wave.....
-
Jackonicko
-
by TomE » Tue 17.03.2009, 00:44
BRG SE heading north out of Dorking on the A24 on Sunday afternoon about 3.30pm - reg H***FRK. Guess you didn't spot the guy on the bike waving at you from the cycle track - for a moment I thought someone had pinched mine

-

TomE
- Enthusiast
-
- Posts: 140
- Joined: Wed 16.02.2005, 01:53
- Location: Surrey, UK
by DaveT » Wed 18.03.2009, 17:59
M100 seen in Layer, Essex earlier this afternoon. I was cloaked so you didnt spot me, and I had the gorgeous sun in my eyes ? p/blue.
THE PIMPERNEL MOD
Don't get mad- get even!!
Good days are Elan days
-

DaveT
- Sadly departed but never forgotten
-
- Posts: 2183
- Joined: Fri 04.11.2005, 17:35
- Location: Lincs
by Gee0 » Fri 20.03.2009, 19:34
Spotted a nice S2 on the M69 at about 2.09pm
Blue with cool personal reg ## ES (or it could have been SE)
I was in my Volvo S80 (I beeped him and I think I scared the Sh#t out of him by the look on his face)
G
-

Gee0
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 435
- Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 23:03
- Location: Stourport on Severn
by DaveT » Sat 21.03.2009, 15:19
Rusty aka "Killer" seen heading into Ipswich on Nacton Road. Topless I'm pleased to report.
THE PIMPERNEL MOD
Don't get mad- get even!!
Good days are Elan days
-

DaveT
- Sadly departed but never forgotten
-
- Posts: 2183
- Joined: Fri 04.11.2005, 17:35
- Location: Lincs
by gmacz » Sat 21.03.2009, 17:57
Yellow Elan passing the Pickletillum Inn near St Andrews last Saturday.Did not catch the reg number.
The NaeLan Gives You Nae Trouble.
-
gmacz
- Tinkerer
-
- Posts: 68
- Joined: Mon 24.07.2006, 18:25
- Location: Glamis-Born Dundee Scotland
by martin_bailey_1 » Sat 21.03.2009, 20:18
Saw a 'J' registered Yellow Elan, at around 3:15 today ...... heading past Carsington Water.
-

martin_bailey_1
- Enthusiast
-
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Thu 23.10.2008, 16:58
- Location: Heath Village, Derbyshire
by JIMBO » Mon 23.03.2009, 22:18
Green Elan with hood up and lights on in the hissing rain heading east along the M4 towards Reading
this afternoon. Private plate M100 BRG ? I was in my blue 5 series BMW, flashed lights and waved.
The driver of the Elan gave me a puzzled look. Probably not used to a polite BMW driver
Jim
-
JIMBO
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 320
- Joined: Tue 25.11.2003, 23:24
by Dave Eds » Mon 23.03.2009, 22:20
That would be Nobby - and he always looks puzzled!

-

Dave Eds
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 5136
- Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
- Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else
Return to General
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests