Post here if your topic fits no other thread in this category.
Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
by JIMBO » Mon 23.03.2009, 22:42
Dave Eds wrote:That would be Nobby - and he always looks puzzled!

Looked more like Noddy without the hat
Jim
-
JIMBO
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 320
- Joined: Tue 25.11.2003, 23:24
by markv » Mon 23.03.2009, 23:06
Spotted this morning at 7.15 by Spencer (Lotus Esprit owner friend who came along to one our our Southern LEC meetings), on the M4 near Swindon heading West. "Saw a Green one and a Purple one…. They weren't travelling in convoy and they did look in good condition "
Regards
Mark/.
-

markv
- God
-
- Posts: 926
- Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
- Location: Nottingham, UK
by theelanman » Wed 25.03.2009, 18:15
BRG
about 4pm
A6 Dove Holes......heading towards Chapel en le Frith....
Hinch I think

I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
-

theelanman
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 7296
- Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
- Location: peak district
-
by dapinky » Sun 29.03.2009, 16:08
NMY 'J' plate SE - driving across Clevedon Moor this morning

- you should have seen the drivers face when I got behind him in my company car
Then it was all smiles when the passenger saw it was me

Dave
Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it
...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
-

dapinky
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 10613
- Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
- Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).
by Enright » Sun 29.03.2009, 16:50
Was it Paul?
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...!
BCingU,
Neil

-

Enright
- Modificator
-
- Posts: 4860
- Joined: Sun 19.12.2004, 19:21
- Location: Arnold, Nottingham, England
by dapinky » Sun 29.03.2009, 17:02
Oh, how I laughed when i put all the lights on

Dave
Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it
...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
-

dapinky
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 10613
- Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
- Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).
by GeoffSmith » Sun 29.03.2009, 17:25
I bet he didn't!

Calypso Red S2 #417
USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
-

GeoffSmith
- Kitty Fiddler
-
- Posts: 15628
- Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
- Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire
-
by Dave Eds » Sun 29.03.2009, 17:44
Just watching IOM video of the Tonuptaff - can hear Lari giving it "slow down Paul, I feel sick"

-

Dave Eds
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 5136
- Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
- Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else
by paulwatkins » Sun 29.03.2009, 18:38
dapinky wrote:NMY 'J' plate SE - driving across Clevedon Moor this morning

- you should have seen the drivers face when I got behind him in my company car

you nearly put off a potential buyer!

-

paulwatkins
- God
-
- Posts: 1431
- Joined: Thu 13.04.2006, 08:54
- Location: WsM, UK
by Enright » Sun 29.03.2009, 19:46
Whatchoo talkin bout Willis? (Er, I mean Watkins)
I saw a few bits for sale - have we upset you?

Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...!
BCingU,
Neil

-

Enright
- Modificator
-
- Posts: 4860
- Joined: Sun 19.12.2004, 19:21
- Location: Arnold, Nottingham, England
by DaveT » Mon 30.03.2009, 08:27
dapinky wrote::smt023
Oh, how I laughed when i put all the lights on

I was flying up the A12 just before Christmas- in mufti- came up behind a Volvo estate- which I hasten to add was getting in my way. Then it lit up like a 'kin Christmas tree on heat.
For a brief moment while I checked the speedo and my pants there was some panic. Then I saw 4 heads turn round and piss themselves laffing at my state of confusion.
They might be fast in a straight line but theyre pants at going round corners whilst carrying 4 donut eating lardy arsed pcs.
THE PIMPERNEL MOD
Don't get mad- get even!!
Good days are Elan days
-

DaveT
- Sadly departed but never forgotten
-
- Posts: 2183
- Joined: Fri 04.11.2005, 17:35
- Location: Lincs
by dapinky » Mon 30.03.2009, 11:18
DaveT wrote:They might be fast in a straight line but theyre pants at going round corners whilst carrying 4 donut eating lardy arsed pcs.
Bring back the good old days when we had Senators and Cosworths, and the scrotes only had a nicked SRi Cavalier.
Dave
Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it
...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
-

dapinky
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 10613
- Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
- Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).
by Dave Eds » Mon 30.03.2009, 14:23
Remember the old boy I was talking to at Southwold by the cars - he was a traffic cop in his day, driving a Mk 1 Lotus Cortina!

-

Dave Eds
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 5136
- Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
- Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else
by markv » Mon 30.03.2009, 22:37
An H Reg Calypso Red at Steve Williams Lotus in Maidenhead when I picked mine up last Friday. The owner, Gerald, has had it from new. He was unaware of our site

, so I gave him the details.
Regards
Mark/.
-

markv
- God
-
- Posts: 926
- Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
- Location: Nottingham, UK
by DaveT » Mon 30.03.2009, 23:28
Dave Eds wrote:Remember the old boy I was talking to at Southwold by the cars - he was a traffic cop in his day, driving a Mk 1 Lotus Cortina!

That would have been great. I'd still like one now!!!!
THE PIMPERNEL MOD
Don't get mad- get even!!
Good days are Elan days
-

DaveT
- Sadly departed but never forgotten
-
- Posts: 2183
- Joined: Fri 04.11.2005, 17:35
- Location: Lincs
by max and andy » Mon 30.03.2009, 23:40
I was expecting a photo of a Lotus cortina not bloody Europe.
-
max and andy
- God
-
- Posts: 923
- Joined: Fri 13.02.2009, 07:07
- Location: Farnham Surrey England
by RayD » Tue 31.03.2009, 11:15
A Medina green on the A65 going into Leeds this morning at 07:15 ...anyone we know?
Ray
-

RayD
- Forum Member
-
- Posts: 2142
- Joined: Mon 20.03.2006, 19:45
- Location: South Yorkshire
by theelanman » Tue 31.03.2009, 17:59
silver se....
A6 heading towards new mills/stockport
I was in a loaner.....the nutter beeping like mad at you

could have been mikeydude.....
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
-

theelanman
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 7296
- Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
- Location: peak district
-
by Dave Eds » Tue 31.03.2009, 18:00
Calypso today 14.50hrs heading to M25 J28 from Brentwood - lid off, good man you
You were flashed by some twat in a
silver Yaris heading into Brentwood, would have been in another calypso but for split hoses!

-

Dave Eds
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 5136
- Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
- Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else
by steve291274 » Sun 05.04.2009, 13:41
On the road towards Fyfield (near Ongar) a green S2 about 11oclock. Its just not the same when you past them in a Mercedes Sprinter

-

steve291274
- Tinkerer
-
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Sun 28.12.2008, 19:59
- Location: Elsenham
Return to General
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests