Paul.P wrote:Matt, these are like a dull chrome ( greyish ) effect, are you saying if polished with something like Autoglym, they will come to a bright shine?
Hi Paul. I got mine back once with what looked like remnants of white polishing coumpond left in all the low spots. I used metal polish along with OOOO steel wool pads to remove it. The polish provides a lubricant for the fine steel wool pads so they don't scratch the finish. This is the same way I remove HEAVY oxidation or light rust.
To keep the parts nice I use the same method as on chrome wheels. After an oil change I wash the engine, etc, using Gunk Engine Brite. On bare metal & ceramic-chromed parts only I use
S100 Polishing Soap and allow it to dry-on like you would a wax. Wipe it off with a dry cloth and it leaves a shine you'll be proud of.
NOTE: They say you can just wash the Polishing Soap off or let it dry on, then buff it off. The latter method gives a superior result.
Strive for perfection in everything. (given time)
Take the best that exists & make it better. (given inclination)
If it doesn't exist, create it. (God did)
Ignore what I say. (good advice)