JPS M100

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: JPS M100

Postby JIMBO » Wed 22.04.2009, 21:38

Hi Paul,
I think I know what a wrench it must have been to part with your black beauty, it was a brave decision.

Thanks for your help with the parts, I'll let you know what the improvement is like for your next one :wink:

Regards
Jim
JIMBO
Fanatic
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue 25.11.2003, 23:24

Re: JPS M100

Postby GeoffSmith » Wed 22.04.2009, 22:04

What they said... apart from Gary of course. Can't have too many blokes who call a spade a f**king shovel IMHO.

Hope it all works out Paul - keep the faith and don't forget us.

Geoff
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Re: JPS M100

Postby chris.t » Wed 22.04.2009, 22:11

Paul, I couldn't believe you had the car up for sale. Then within minutes i heard that you'd sold it. I know its gone to a good home but i must admit after talking to you i felt your sadness. I really hope you don't leave the LEC community because i have enjoyed your wit and posts even though some may have been at Gary's expense (sorry Gary!). You have contributed a lot to the forum and hopefully you'll be open to the odd PM.

All the best, Chris
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: JPS M100

Postby Paul.P » Thu 23.04.2009, 09:44

I thank you all for the kind words & messages, & would like to think i can still contribute something to LEC without actually having a car. My reasons for selling we're personal & in no way reflect upon the many friends i have made on here, & who knows what the future holds, i may yet have another one if funds allow, unfortunately age maybe against me now though.
JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
Paul.P
God
 
Posts: 4970
Joined: Sun 14.12.2003, 18:18
Location: Oakham, Rutland

Re: JPS M100

Postby ailwyn » Thu 23.04.2009, 09:59

Paul,

No doubt you'll fight back and in a few years you'll be tearing around in an Elan yet again. Hope your personal problems get sorted very soon.

Ailwyn
ailwyn
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3361
Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45

Re: JPS M100

Postby nitroman » Thu 23.04.2009, 11:28

Paul, your car would have to rate at the top because of the way it brilliantly carried out changes which stir hearts across the Elan community.
Strive for perfection in everything. (given time)
Take the best that exists & make it better. (given inclination)
If it doesn't exist, create it. (God did)
Ignore what I say. (good advice)
User avatar
nitroman
Moderator
 
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri 18.04.2003, 01:17
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: JPS M100

Postby Paul.P » Thu 23.04.2009, 11:42

nitroman wrote:Paul, your car would have to rate at the top because of the way it brilliantly carried out changes which stir hearts across the Elan community.


Coming from you Matt, i take that as a compliment, as your attention to detail has inspired me for a long while now :!:
JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
Paul.P
God
 
Posts: 4970
Joined: Sun 14.12.2003, 18:18
Location: Oakham, Rutland

Re: JPS M100

Postby rip » Thu 23.04.2009, 14:48

Mike Y wrote:Hi Paul

I was shocked when I heard you were selling your car, at least its gone to a good home and LEC member.
Maybe your next project could be an Essex Elan?


That would be an interesting project. Easier to keep clean that Blacky too.

Mike Y wrote:I am sure in time you will be back with an Elan to shock us. :shock:


For the unaware, Paul has an S2 in pieces so he is still an Elan owner, but he tells me that restoring/rebuilding it would be an expensive project.
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Re: JPS M100

Postby Gary » Thu 23.04.2009, 16:13

Yes - he's sold most of the parts so it would be a big project. I think there isn't much left apart from the chassis and running gear...
Ex owner of S2 no 480 and Red SE
User avatar
Gary
God
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 18:04
Location: Rutland

Re: JPS M100

Postby G UK » Fri 24.04.2009, 19:10

Well, thanks to the wonderful weather and of course Paul I've been enjoying this week no end with the top down. :-D

She has been running beautyfully all week (other than squeeky brakes :oops: ) and everyone I have met has had nothing but good words to say about her. Paul, you have indeed done a wonderful job and as I said to you before I will look after her.

Right, well I've already got my eye on a few things that I would like to do and I may as well carry on in this thread if I may.

1) I have now ordered a 2.5" Piper with PCE to replace the Peco as I really loved the Piper before.
2) I am looking at replacing the open loop V4 mountain chip for a closed loop V5.
3) Bob has graciously agreed to bump me back onto the second run for the rear Hi-Specs so I can have Gold calipers rather than the Blues I had ordered before.
4) Enquiries are currently also being made into getting Simons role bar, fairing and twin bubble rear deck which I am quite keen on having

Edit: Oh and with a bit of luck I'll be able to get some pictures taken this weekend!!
Lets end the Stigma https://www.mind.org.uk/

https://gridcoin.ddns.net
Gridcoin: S4FDVBgDBUDhq2j5DQE4pkK786uJYnEmDo
Bitshares: g-uk https://wallet.bitshares.org
User avatar
G UK
Fanatic
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Wed 17.10.2007, 19:27
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: JPS M100

Postby Paul.P » Fri 24.04.2009, 19:42

G UK wrote: She has been running beautyfully all week (other than squeeky brakes :oops: )


Ah Graham, meant to tell you she's due some new pads i think, got a couple of spare sets here, your welcome to a set if you wanna pick them up when your around here ?
JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
Paul.P
God
 
Posts: 4970
Joined: Sun 14.12.2003, 18:18
Location: Oakham, Rutland

Re: JPS M100

Postby G UK » Fri 24.04.2009, 20:07

Paul.P wrote:Ah Graham, meant to tell you she's due some new pads i think, got a couple of spare sets here, your welcome to a set if you wanna pick them up when your around here ?


I thought I had checked the pads!?! Oh well just had a run out to the car and they look OK but I'll probably have them off this weekend and give them a good look over.
Lets end the Stigma https://www.mind.org.uk/

https://gridcoin.ddns.net
Gridcoin: S4FDVBgDBUDhq2j5DQE4pkK786uJYnEmDo
Bitshares: g-uk https://wallet.bitshares.org
User avatar
G UK
Fanatic
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Wed 17.10.2007, 19:27
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: JPS M100

Postby dapinky » Fri 24.04.2009, 22:30

G UK wrote:4) Enquiries are currently also being made into getting Simons role bar, fairing and twin bubble rear deck which I am quite keen on having


Graham,

Only comes in at Number 4????????

What's that about lightning strikes?????
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it


...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
dapinky
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Re: JPS M100

Postby max and andy » Sat 25.04.2009, 00:02

Where are you going with the 2.5 G? Andy & Max
max and andy
God
 
Posts: 923
Joined: Fri 13.02.2009, 07:07
Location: Farnham Surrey England

Re: JPS M100

Postby G UK » Sat 25.04.2009, 01:44

dapinky wrote:Graham,

Only comes in at Number 4????????

What's that about lightning strikes?????


Piper and V5 are easy (ish), Bobs rear brakes are sorted (pretty much). I'm yet to hear back on the hoops from Simon!!!

They would be No.1 if I could buy and fit them off the shelf, unfortunately I cannot. I have actually had dreams of landing on my head again and although unpleasent they will not deter me!! I am a driver and I will drive!

Edit: My spelling is getting worse
Last edited by G UK on Sat 25.04.2009, 01:58, edited 1 time in total.
Lets end the Stigma https://www.mind.org.uk/

https://gridcoin.ddns.net
Gridcoin: S4FDVBgDBUDhq2j5DQE4pkK786uJYnEmDo
Bitshares: g-uk https://wallet.bitshares.org
User avatar
G UK
Fanatic
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Wed 17.10.2007, 19:27
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: JPS M100

Postby G UK » Sat 25.04.2009, 01:53

max and andy wrote:Where are you going with the 2.5 G? Andy & Max


2.5 G ???

Whos a what now, I assume you are talking about the exhaust?

I am removing the 2.25" Peco mainly because it is bloody loud and I know the Piper "felt & sounded" so much better on my old S2 whilst being quieter. Also at 2.5" the Piper should flow more exhaust gasses giving me a much larger headroom in future mad upgrades which I am almost certain to become a part of!!!
Lets end the Stigma https://www.mind.org.uk/

https://gridcoin.ddns.net
Gridcoin: S4FDVBgDBUDhq2j5DQE4pkK786uJYnEmDo
Bitshares: g-uk https://wallet.bitshares.org
User avatar
G UK
Fanatic
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Wed 17.10.2007, 19:27
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: JPS M100

Postby theelanman » Sat 25.04.2009, 02:38

G UK wrote:
max and andy wrote:Where are you going with the 2.5 G? Andy & Max


2.5 G ???


I think he means £££££££££

:-D :-D :-D :-D
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
User avatar
theelanman
Moderator
 
Posts: 7296
Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
Location: peak district

Re: JPS M100

Postby G UK » Sat 25.04.2009, 02:57

theelanman wrote:
I think he means £££££££££

:-D :-D :-D :-D


Who, What, That makes even less sense even when drunk!! :-D :shock: :-D


Oh I get it, :oops: :oops: :oops: :poke: :poke:

The insurance money is being targetted to best improve the car, I'll post in here as and when I commit to each mod!!

I also have many ideas in the back of my mind such as a full-on "micro" in car PC with dashboard touch-screen including built-in Elanscan, entertainment center etc, Think replacing your stereo with a PC. I know its possible I've just got to get round to looking at it and doing feasability etc!!
Lets end the Stigma https://www.mind.org.uk/

https://gridcoin.ddns.net
Gridcoin: S4FDVBgDBUDhq2j5DQE4pkK786uJYnEmDo
Bitshares: g-uk https://wallet.bitshares.org
User avatar
G UK
Fanatic
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Wed 17.10.2007, 19:27
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: JPS M100

Postby theelanman » Sat 25.04.2009, 03:02

you need to check out elanlovers new dash then.....
:)
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
User avatar
theelanman
Moderator
 
Posts: 7296
Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
Location: peak district

Re: JPS M100

Postby theelanman » Sat 25.04.2009, 03:06

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=11487&start=100

Graham
Blair has also managed to get an elan specific boot up page :)
it is sooooooo cool.....
cheers
G
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
User avatar
theelanman
Moderator
 
Posts: 7296
Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
Location: peak district

PreviousNext

Return to Projects - Car (Major)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 55 guests