An area set aside for the planning of track days, discussions on circuits and to share your good and bad experiences of life in the fast lane.
Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
by Specky » Tue 28.04.2009, 20:47
Simply bugger...
Infact double bugger..
I gonna Miss Castlecombe and now this one...
Good drills on being a marshal, hope you're not to busy, I feel some expensive mistakes are on the horozion...
TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
-

Specky
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 5982
- Joined: Sun 07.09.2003, 23:19
- Location: Swindon
by Nige » Tue 28.04.2009, 21:38
Pretty close to me and a very worthy cause. I'm tempted to drive it (note spectators not allowed). Lets see what the take up is for LECer's, might be worth considering something social after the event if we have a few.
Back in Blighty
-

Nige
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 3030
- Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
- Location: Dorset and Surrey
by Dave Eds » Tue 28.04.2009, 21:50
I've put the date in the title for clarity, being as it's for charity.

-

Dave Eds
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 5136
- Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
- Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else
by texas2201 » Tue 28.04.2009, 22:09
Thanks Dave Didnt think of that doh!!!
Dave Eds wrote:I've put the date in the title for clarity, being as it's for charity.

"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio

-

texas2201
- God
-
- Posts: 1379
- Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
- Location: Boos Eifel Germany
by dapinky » Wed 29.04.2009, 11:40
I'm with Specky on this one
I've just had to plead and grovel to get the day before off so I can do a trackday at Llandow - & the only way I could get it was to swap my Sunday with someone else!!!!!
This time last year my eldest was at Bovington doing his Tank Driver course - i got to be a pasenger in a Challenger for part of the circuit on the 'Parents & relatives' day!
Dave
Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it
...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
-

dapinky
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 10613
- Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
- Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).
by texas2201 » Wed 29.04.2009, 12:24
Very Cool Dave - I am hoping to get a ride in a tank

"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio

-

texas2201
- God
-
- Posts: 1379
- Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
- Location: Boos Eifel Germany
by Nige » Wed 29.04.2009, 12:41
Last weekend at home before I go to Le Mans for the best part of a week so domestic permission is also an issue for me (along with the fact that I want a car at the end of it that will get me to Le Mans and back).
Back in Blighty
-

Nige
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 3030
- Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
- Location: Dorset and Surrey
by rob_J » Sun 03.05.2009, 08:32
Looks like I'll be doing this too.
GT3 probably too noisy based on sound limits, so it make well be the Elan!

90 ElanSE BRG
98 Elise S1 Chrome Orange
03 911GT3 Red
05 RR Sport Black
-
rob_J
- Tinkerer
-
- Posts: 74
- Joined: Fri 11.11.2005, 10:57
- Location: Dorset
by texas2201 » Sun 03.05.2009, 11:03
rob_J wrote:Looks like I'll be doing this too.
GT3 probably too noisy based on sound limits, so it make well be the Elan!

See you there Rob I will probably be in the Elan as well
Martin
PS lots of interesting cars going inc a Mk1 GT40

"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio

-

texas2201
- God
-
- Posts: 1379
- Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
- Location: Boos Eifel Germany
by rob_J » Thu 07.05.2009, 15:35
Day is now fully booked!
90 ElanSE BRG
98 Elise S1 Chrome Orange
03 911GT3 Red
05 RR Sport Black
-
rob_J
- Tinkerer
-
- Posts: 74
- Joined: Fri 11.11.2005, 10:57
- Location: Dorset
by texas2201 » Thu 07.05.2009, 16:08
did you get booked on Rob?
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio

-

texas2201
- God
-
- Posts: 1379
- Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
- Location: Boos Eifel Germany
by rob_J » Thu 07.05.2009, 16:10
texas2201 wrote:did you get booked on Rob?
Yes I did, I'm in the VIP list at the bottom apparently......don't ask, cos I don't know how either!

90 ElanSE BRG
98 Elise S1 Chrome Orange
03 911GT3 Red
05 RR Sport Black
-
rob_J
- Tinkerer
-
- Posts: 74
- Joined: Fri 11.11.2005, 10:57
- Location: Dorset
by texas2201 » Thu 07.05.2009, 19:02
OK see you there - silver frost SE
cheers
Martin
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio

-

texas2201
- God
-
- Posts: 1379
- Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
- Location: Boos Eifel Germany
by texas2201 » Wed 10.06.2009, 11:02
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/defau ... ryId=20053 good write up of the event and my elan was in one of the pics
150+ cars awesome track - met RobJ in his brg Elan
7 casualties 4 of them people driving other peoples cars - now there is a burden..........
if you went off the track was very unforgiving 3 or 4 of the cars that went off were totalled
Elan disgraced itself after lunch on the Sunday - dropped all it's PAS fluid - PAS pump fubarred....................if it wasnt for bad luck I would have no luck at all................
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio

-

texas2201
- God
-
- Posts: 1379
- Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
- Location: Boos Eifel Germany
Return to Circuits & Track Days
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests