Spotted

Post here if your topic fits no other thread in this category.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: Spotted

Postby CJ101KT » Sun 21.06.2009, 23:08

Dave Eds wrote:With an M100 plate Mike? If so likely to be Chris (CJ10KT) on here. see avatar a few posts up.

ooooo has someone spotted me lol?
User avatar
CJ101KT
Fanatic
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Wed 14.11.2007, 17:26
Location: Forest of Dean, UK

Re: Spotted

Postby MPx » Sun 21.06.2009, 23:20

Err...um... may have Chris....but, TBH I'd expect to have noticed an M100 plate...and I didn't. But I'll get you soon!
Mike - MPx
95 M100 Elan S2 (423)
86 Turbo Esprit
but no longer Carlton no 808 nor Sunbeam S1 :(
User avatar
MPx
God
 
Posts: 823
Joined: Mon 05.06.2006, 22:50
Location: Somerset, England

Re: Spotted

Postby dapinky » Mon 22.06.2009, 05:34

or if it's got an A 20 *** plate it could be Mrs P going shopping!
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it


...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
dapinky
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Re: Spotted

Postby Dave Eds » Mon 22.06.2009, 07:03

MPx wrote:Err...um... may have Chris....but, TBH I'd expect to have noticed an M100 plate...and I didn't. But I'll get you soon!


Just re-read your earlier post Mike - missed the SE bit, so it won't be Chris. :oops:
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Re: Spotted

Postby owentec » Tue 23.06.2009, 10:00

I spotted a J reg medina green Elan near the University in Sheffield yesterday. Must have been about 4pm. First one I've spotted outside of controlled conditions (ie Donington, or going to visit board members etc)!

Owen
owentec
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed 11.03.2009, 22:01
Location: Long Eaton, Nottingham

Re: Spotted

Postby Gordon » Tue 23.06.2009, 10:39

Blue S2 - M100 Cxx - Northbound on the M42 around Junction7 about 5:30pm monday...

I did wave, but why would you notice a proton driver... :(
Last edited by Gordon on Tue 23.06.2009, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.
1990 M100, Calypso Red
1981 S3 NA Esprit, Calypso Red
2005 Vectra C....
User avatar
Gordon
Fanatic
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Sun 09.07.2006, 18:31
Location: Torquay, Devon, UK

Re: Spotted

Postby garywbrooks » Tue 23.06.2009, 11:41

owentec wrote:I spotted a J reg medina green Elan near the University in Sheffield yesterday. Must have been about 4pm. First one I've spotted outside of controlled conditions (ie Donington, or going to visit board members etc)!

Owen


Sure it was medina green? or was it aqua blue? I passed the uni at 4pm. Sneaking home early from work... ;-)

I did see a nice black Elan SE with S2 wheels in Hope Valley 8pm 22/06.
User avatar
garywbrooks
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun 09.09.2007, 22:34
Location: Sheffield, UK

Re: Spotted

Postby owentec » Tue 23.06.2009, 14:02

Yes, probably was actually - only saw you out of the corner of my eye. You had the top down, which struck me as a bit risky considering the smell of rain in the air!
owentec
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed 11.03.2009, 22:01
Location: Long Eaton, Nottingham

Re: Spotted

Postby uk08462 » Tue 23.06.2009, 14:20

I saw a BRG Elan driving down the Wallisdown Road in Bournemouth at the weekend but as I was in a BMW my thumbs up was ignored!

Red SE (H89 NJW) which seems to be perminently parked in Robert Louis Stevenson Avenue in Westbourne, Bournemouth.
S2 #048 BRG
User avatar
uk08462
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon 01.06.2009, 20:48
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Spotted

Postby Grayone » Wed 24.06.2009, 14:13

Silver SE or S2 driving through Horsmonden, Kent yesterday 4/5ish. I was on foot down a side street.
L'imagination est plus importante que le savoir. - Albert Einstein
User avatar
Grayone
Newbie
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed 21.05.2008, 17:56
Location: Tunbridge Wells Kent UK

Re: Spotted

Postby baldyash » Fri 26.06.2009, 09:49

Pacific Blue S2, Essex Marina, Wallasea Island. Also seen it in Ardleigh Green. Probably owned by someone called Jeff! ( Nos. Plate)
User avatar
baldyash
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue 07.10.2008, 12:55
Location: Benfleet

Re: Spotted

Postby CJ101KT » Sat 27.06.2009, 17:18

Gordon wrote:Blue S2 - M100 Cxx - Northbound on the M42 around Junction7 about 5:30pm monday...

I did wave, but why would you notice a proton driver... :(


Another member who owns an Elan and a Proton lol .... I used to have a GTI but now a sensible Gen-2 :-D
User avatar
CJ101KT
Fanatic
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Wed 14.11.2007, 17:26
Location: Forest of Dean, UK

Re: Spotted

Postby MPx » Mon 29.06.2009, 00:29

I spotted you this time Chris... :poke:

Image

I was with he LEF boys further down the row at Supercar Sunday. :D
Mike - MPx
95 M100 Elan S2 (423)
86 Turbo Esprit
but no longer Carlton no 808 nor Sunbeam S1 :(
User avatar
MPx
God
 
Posts: 823
Joined: Mon 05.06.2006, 22:50
Location: Somerset, England

Re: Spotted

Postby dapinky » Tue 30.06.2009, 00:21

Red SE (with the hood down!) H...YHW - Tesco car park, Nailsea (about 4.00pm Mon 29/6)
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it


...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
dapinky
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Re: Spotted

Postby CJ101KT » Tue 30.06.2009, 23:04

MPx wrote:I spotted you this time Chris... :poke:
I was with he LEF boys further down the row at Supercar Sunday. :D


hahaah top stuff mate. Did you spot me or just the car? I arrived at 8:15am so plenty of time for some polishing before the action. Was nice to team up with LEF! Did you hear that Trans Am mind!!! Next time pop over ... I was wearing the cowboy style hat all day if it helps lol :-D
User avatar
CJ101KT
Fanatic
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Wed 14.11.2007, 17:26
Location: Forest of Dean, UK

Re: Spotted

Postby Dave Eds » Thu 02.07.2009, 21:25

Phone Call 1 - Excited Work Colleague to Spud

EWC "I've just seen a bright green M reg Elan SE on the A12"
S "are you sure it wasn't H not M?"
EWC " yeah it could have been"
S " was it sort of flourescent?"
EWC " yeah"
S "black wheels?"
EWC "yeah"

Phone Call 2 - Spud to Kier

K "not me mate I'm at home and the car's here!"

Phone Call 3 - S to EWC

S "you sure it wasn't an S2
EWC"yeah it was - squiggly S"
S " was it BRG?"
EWC "No"
S "was it like the triangle in Quality Street?"
EWC "yeah"
S "was it an old boy driving, quite small, grey hair?"
EWC "yeah, and she was holding on to her hat"
S "did he have a walking stick?"
EWC "dunno he was sitting down!"

Phone Call 4 Spud to Scouseblagger's answerphone

S " what's that bloke called in the EALC with the Medina Green S2, you know the one who goes to Helmingham Hall, and was really interested in Nige's bubble deck at the 60th? Spoke to Gareth about his car too.

Melvin?? Summink like that?
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Re: Spotted

Postby JIMBO » Thu 02.07.2009, 23:03

Spotted.. Dave Eds, Red Elan outside Geralds workshop in Newmarket .

I hope you're not trying to jump the queue ? :poke:
My car has now been in there for 10 weeks. Never tell a garage there's no rush !! :bonk:

I've decided to order snow tyres in case it's ready in time for the winter!!
If only he wasn't so good with Lotus cars.

Jim
JIMBO
Fanatic
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue 25.11.2003, 23:24

Re: Spotted

Postby keithlard » Fri 03.07.2009, 00:29

Black SE, parked in Devereux Court in the Temple, City of London, registration J446 LLL. Looked as though it had seen better days, with a tatty hood, opaque rear window and scuffed paintwork!

I don't think it would be anyone on LEC's as they would know how to clean that window. :D
1991 200Tdi Defender 90
1991 Lotus Elan SE
User avatar
keithlard
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu 18.06.2009, 16:05
Location: Cornwall

Re: Spotted

Postby Marcus_uk » Fri 03.07.2009, 08:26

Just spotted a blue (i think a darkish metallic) with I think a blue hood in Milnrow about 7.45 this morning.... is it anyones?

I only had about 10 seconds to spot it so I afraid i couldnt do much better on the description.
Medina Green S2 #165 - Currently for sale :-(
User avatar
Marcus_uk
Fanatic
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue 17.03.2009, 21:06
Location: Rochdale

Re: Spotted

Postby nicowalker1 » Fri 03.07.2009, 17:32

saw a brg H247? knarsborough north bound A1 about 15:00? think it was 247 took me by suprise as its the first one ive seen other than arranged meets
User avatar
nicowalker1
God
 
Posts: 1017
Joined: Sat 18.04.2009, 13:44
Location: Sowerby Bridge

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests