Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July 2009

Post and Discuss UK-related one-off events here.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July 2009

Postby Rambo » Fri 26.06.2009, 22:32

Only fully repaired M100's allowed - no damaged ones. We don't want to let the side down ;-)
User avatar
Rambo
Don't push me
 
Posts: 9144
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Both sides of the Tweed

Re: Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July 2009

Postby Gary » Sat 27.06.2009, 06:18

Unfortunately I think it may not be repaired by then :(
Ex owner of S2 no 480 and Red SE
User avatar
Gary
God
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 18:04
Location: Rutland

Re: Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July 2009

Postby Freelander » Tue 07.07.2009, 16:28

Count me as attending but I wont be camping - not in this country anyway.
Parking in-field (not in a field) is always a bonus.
17 days and counting........
1990 SE Turbo - Silver - Work in Progress (Slowly)
'Go slow now - go fast later'
User avatar
Freelander
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat 12.05.2007, 20:55
Location: Llanelli, South Wales

Re: Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July 2009

Postby ShaunM » Wed 08.07.2009, 08:47

Can't make this now - have a brick wall to build and a patio to lay that weekend :cry:

I hope everyone has a great time :banana:
User avatar
ShaunM
Fanatic
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat 02.09.2006, 17:32
Location: Norwich, UK (9.6 miles from Hethel)

Re: Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July 2009

Postby DaveB » Wed 08.07.2009, 13:23

Sorry to go off topic everybody, but...

Shaun....Your Avatar....

Image

Sorry for my ignorance but what is that tool you have in your arms...

...it looks like an electric spade. :shock:
Time taken to post a picture on this forum - down to 35 minutes...
User avatar
DaveB
Fanatic
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon 23.02.2009, 20:13
Location: Godalming, Surrey

Re: Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July 2009

Postby ShaunM » Wed 08.07.2009, 15:04

Lol, it's a Diamond Core Cutter (I hired it when I put in my kitchen)

http://www.hss.com/index.php?g=1121&t=zoom
User avatar
ShaunM
Fanatic
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat 02.09.2006, 17:32
Location: Norwich, UK (9.6 miles from Hethel)

Re: Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July 2009

Postby muley » Thu 16.07.2009, 22:51

Got tickets and campsite booked.

Minimum 3 max 5 in my party - depends on weather and if I can coax SWMBO into coming and get a ticket ..

Self and number 2 son will be along Friday in the Elan.

muley
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July 2009

Postby Rambo » Fri 17.07.2009, 21:24

Speak to you tomorrow Jim - if I'm out leave a message on the a/phone and I'll get back to you.

It's our local festival w/e so I'll be out and about with beer in hand :beer: - just practising for Silverstone !
User avatar
Rambo
Don't push me
 
Posts: 9144
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Both sides of the Tweed

Re: Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July 2009

Postby muley » Fri 17.07.2009, 23:12

Rambo wrote:Speak to you tomorrow Jim - if I'm out leave a message on the a/phone and I'll get back to you.

It's our local festival w/e so I'll be out and about with beer in hand :beer: - just practising for Silverstone !


Thanks a lot Mark - I'll deffo call you tomorrow

Cheers

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July 2009

Postby muley » Sat 18.07.2009, 15:33

CJ101KT wrote:
ShaunM wrote:That's incredible value, considering the concerts are also included in the ticket price! http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/news_ ... ?newsid=23

I'm hoping to join you guys at this event, definitely camping. Who's arriving on the Friday night?


We are arriving on the Thursday night ... if anyone is camping at Whittlebury I could save us a load of good spots together :wink:


CJ101KT

That sounds like an excellent idea - if you could set aside 2 spots - one for me and one for Mark(Rambo) that would be excellent.

We will be there Friday late morning/midday

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July 2009

Postby muley » Sat 18.07.2009, 15:35

OK, I have a spare ticket for Fri/Sat/Sun

PM me if interested.

I might split the days if that helps to shift them ...

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July 2009

Postby CJ101KT » Sat 18.07.2009, 18:15

muley wrote:
CJ101KT wrote:
ShaunM wrote:That's incredible value, considering the concerts are also included in the ticket price! http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/news_ ... ?newsid=23

I'm hoping to join you guys at this event, definitely camping. Who's arriving on the Friday night?


We are arriving on the Thursday night ... if anyone is camping at Whittlebury I could save us a load of good spots together :wink:


CJ101KT

That sounds like an excellent idea - if you could set aside 2 spots - one for me and one for Mark(Rambo) that would be excellent.
We will be there Friday late morning/midday
Jim


Jim I have asked Whittlebury to put aside enough plots for around 10 groups. I have asked them to put it under the name Lotus Drivers Club, so please feel welcome to setup in that area and join in with the food and drinking lol. I will obv be in a red M100 S2 but the car may be at the track on the Friday when you arrive. If anyone wants my mobile number thats fine, its 07815056306.

CJ :-D
User avatar
CJ101KT
Fanatic
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Wed 14.11.2007, 17:26
Location: Forest of Dean, UK

Re: Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July 2009

Postby Rambo » Sat 18.07.2009, 18:16

Now that Jim's females aren't going I also have a spare set for Fri, Sat and Sun

Come on Monty, Dico, Nige et al.... Should be a good event and Pussycat Dolls and Carlos Santana chucked in for nothing
User avatar
Rambo
Don't push me
 
Posts: 9144
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Both sides of the Tweed

Re: Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July 2009

Postby Rambo » Wed 22.07.2009, 11:30

Beer, whisky (Laphroaig 1/4 cask) and money packed. That's the important stuff ! I'll think about tent, sl. bag, Thermarest a bit later

I'll be bringing a stove so I can have some fresh coffee. Not sure about food though - presumably there'll be all sorts of outlets on site (at a price!) or maybe we can find a local hostlery :beer: if there's any time between the cars, racing and the evening concerts. Staying Sun night so thats a possibility too

Looking forward to it
User avatar
Rambo
Don't push me
 
Posts: 9144
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Both sides of the Tweed

Re: Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July 2009

Postby Monty » Wed 22.07.2009, 12:02

Rambo wrote:Now that Jim's females aren't going I also have a spare set for Fri, Sat and Sun

Come on Monty, Dico, Nige et al.... Should be a good event and Pussycat Dolls and Carlos Santana chucked in for nothing



Did think about going to this but i`m i`ll be watching the Elise Trophy at Oulton Park this weekend and the Pink Bomb also needs an MOT this week :roll:
Image
User avatar
Monty
Chunder King!
 
Posts: 7977
Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
Location: Leeds

Re: Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July 2009

Postby Rambo » Mon 27.07.2009, 21:30

For all those that missed this 3 day event at Silverstone it was a fabulous w/e. Great weather on the Saturday and the rain held off until after the last race on the Sunday. Lots of great cars and people there - met Sir Stirling Moss again and also caught Murray Walker watching the last few laps of the F1. Had a few words with him after the race - he was delighted that Lewis Hamilton had won the GP.

Must have missed you trackside on the Sunday Jim - I was in the pit lane and on the pit wall a lot of the time using my Shittlebury campsite wrist band !!

Missed you as well CJ although we did exchange a wave as you drove past on the Sat.

Also missed you Dave and I couldn't phone you to arrange a pint as I had left your no. attached to my pc !

I'll post some pics after I've caught up on some sleep ;-)
User avatar
Rambo
Don't push me
 
Posts: 9144
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Both sides of the Tweed

Re: Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July 2009

Postby muley » Mon 27.07.2009, 22:36

Yes, my sons and I enjoyed the weekend. Luckily it didn't rain Sunday until I was on my way home.

Campsite was pretty good overall, not too noisy but it was a pain getting in and out of the track.

It was good to meet up with you, Mark, we spent a lot of time in the Luffield stand - most of the spins, fires and inversions took place there!!

Never did find CJ - did follow a red M100 down the A43 for a bit.

Santana concert was good, I though although I'm not a frequent rock concert goer!

Definitely one for the calendar

Cheers

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July 2009

Postby Rambo » Tue 28.07.2009, 07:38

Meant to say Jim that I spotted a Fiat 20v coupe soft top infield on Sunday near the Jaguar/Ferrari club area. Tell Andrew. I should've taken a photo to prove it !
User avatar
Rambo
Don't push me
 
Posts: 9144
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Both sides of the Tweed

Re: Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July 2009

Postby M100 TWO » Tue 28.07.2009, 08:50

Since this event was resurrected, it has got better and better it is the car clubs that make the event what it is, glad you all enjoyed the weekend :beer:
diff
Don't try to defie the law of physics! here endeth the first lesson
User avatar
M100 TWO
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Thu 02.10.2003, 14:49
Location: southampton

Re: Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July 2009

Postby Gary » Tue 28.07.2009, 13:57

and the weather on Saturday was corking !
Ex owner of S2 no 480 and Red SE
User avatar
Gary
God
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 18:04
Location: Rutland

PreviousNext

Return to Events - U.K.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests