An area set aside for the planning of track days, discussions on circuits and to share your good and bad experiences of life in the fast lane.
Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
by texas2201 » Thu 03.09.2009, 21:44
Going out with a friend to collect his Manthey GT3 coming back Wed night - I am going in the Lotus Elan Turbo
Never been round it in the Elan - so it will lose it's cherry..................
Ring open Monday and Tuesday evening and all day Wednesday

Martin
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio

-

texas2201
- God
-
- Posts: 1379
- Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
- Location: Boos Eifel Germany
by Monty » Thu 03.09.2009, 23:09
You lucky sod, wish i had the money to go myself
Have a good trip Martin and come back with a report on how the Elan handles
-

Monty
- Chunder King!
-
- Posts: 7977
- Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
- Location: Leeds
by texas2201 » Thu 03.09.2009, 23:43
Only going thro the extreme generosity of a friend!!! he needs a lift to bring the GT3 back for it's MOT and we have done this before - we used to have E30 M3 BMw's
I will report back how it goes - but I thought you had done some laps of the Ring Monty? I remember seeing Dico out there by the petrol station parrallel to Dottinger Hohe straight
this will add about a dozen laps to my total bringing it to well over 760

M
Last edited by
texas2201 on Fri 04.09.2009, 05:44, edited 1 time in total.
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio

-

texas2201
- God
-
- Posts: 1379
- Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
- Location: Boos Eifel Germany
by theelanman » Fri 04.09.2009, 01:47
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
-

theelanman
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 7296
- Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
- Location: peak district
-
by texas2201 » Fri 04.09.2009, 05:45
I'll try - I might have to have the smile surgically removed when I get home though......................

"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio

-

texas2201
- God
-
- Posts: 1379
- Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
- Location: Boos Eifel Germany
by HJ2 » Fri 04.09.2009, 07:29
Toll!
Und nehme ein paar schöne Bilder mit!
If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got
-

HJ2
- Wodan - God of the Low Lands
-
- Posts: 4405
- Joined: Fri 06.06.2008, 10:54
- Location: Delft, the Netherlands
by texas2201 » Fri 04.09.2009, 09:15
? Sorry dont get it
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio

-

texas2201
- God
-
- Posts: 1379
- Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
- Location: Boos Eifel Germany
by HJ2 » Fri 04.09.2009, 09:45
Excellent!
And bring a couple of nice photographs back (LEC) home!
If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got
-

HJ2
- Wodan - God of the Low Lands
-
- Posts: 4405
- Joined: Fri 06.06.2008, 10:54
- Location: Delft, the Netherlands
by texas2201 » Fri 04.09.2009, 09:59
OK I am going to do a trip report with photos
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio

-

texas2201
- God
-
- Posts: 1379
- Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
- Location: Boos Eifel Germany
by Monty » Fri 04.09.2009, 12:51
texas2201 wrote:Only going thro the extreme generosity of a friend!!! he needs a lift to bring the GT3 back for it's MOT and we have done this before - we used to have E30 M3 BMw's
I will report back how it goes - but I thought you had done some laps of the Ring Monty? I remember seeing Dico out there by the petrol station parrallel to Dottinger Hohe straight
this will add about a dozen laps to my total bringing it to well over 760

M
A few of us did a trip a few years ago and i was a passanger with Dico but he only did one lap

also got a Pax with JimP in his M100 and a Pax in an Elise and didn`t even know the guy

We all had a great trip and i`ve always wanted to go back again but in my own car.
Maybe i could tag along with yourself next year since you`ve done 760 + laps

or maybe some of the LECers might do another trip

-

Monty
- Chunder King!
-
- Posts: 7977
- Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
- Location: Leeds
by texas2201 » Fri 04.09.2009, 13:21
That would be great Monty - I will definately be over there next year maybe we could tag along with the SELOC guys who seem to organise a trip every year now?

More than happy to show you the lines and give some instruction - only most of my laps have been in rwd in the E30 M3 - so they will probably not be the best fwd lines

"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio

-

texas2201
- God
-
- Posts: 1379
- Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
- Location: Boos Eifel Germany
by Dico » Sat 05.09.2009, 18:48
Yep I only did one lap but it was a fast one!
12.5 minutes
Have a great trip Martin. Look forward to the pics.
Nurburgring 2010
1- Dico

4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
-

Dico
- Fool Boy Four - Founder
-
- Posts: 3569
- Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
- Location: Moderator Manchester
by GeoffSmith » Sat 05.09.2009, 19:03
Dico wrote:Yep I only did one lap but it was a fast one!
12.5 minutes
Apparently some fat bloke off the telly did it in a diesel a full 2½ minutes quicker than that.......... and some German tart in a van.

Calypso Red S2 #417
USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
-

GeoffSmith
- Kitty Fiddler
-
- Posts: 15628
- Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
- Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire
-
by texas2201 » Sat 05.09.2009, 19:07
I was doing 830 BTG in the E30 M3

"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio

-

texas2201
- God
-
- Posts: 1379
- Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
- Location: Boos Eifel Germany
by inkitin » Sat 05.09.2009, 19:08
GeoffSmith wrote:Dico wrote:Yep I only did one lap but it was a fast one!
12.5 minutes
Apparently some fat bloke off the telly did it in a diesel a full 2½ minutes quicker than that.......... and some German tart in a van.

Well I certainly wasn't going to mention that!
Oh, all right then 
91 SE Calypso Red
inkitin: 28/09/1949 - 23/07/2014
-

inkitin
- Sadly departed but never forgotten
-
- Posts: 1549
- Joined: Sat 27.10.2007, 14:02
- Location: Manchester
by Dico » Sat 05.09.2009, 21:24
Gawd I hope you recognised my sarcasm!
I still beat ChrisT mind
Wheres the vid Murph?
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
-

Dico
- Fool Boy Four - Founder
-
- Posts: 3569
- Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
- Location: Moderator Manchester
by texas2201 » Sat 05.09.2009, 21:55
come out next year Dico and I will give you a pax lap...............4 mins quicker..........

"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio

-

texas2201
- God
-
- Posts: 1379
- Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
- Location: Boos Eifel Germany
by Monty » Sun 06.09.2009, 12:28
Dico wrote:Gawd I hope you recognised my sarcasm!
I still beat ChrisT mind
Wheres the vid Murph?
It was your camcorder mate lol
Can`t blame dico for taking it easy, i`d be the same for my 1st lap. But i`d do more than one lap to start with
Even JimP`s wife did a lap
They were the days

-

Monty
- Chunder King!
-
- Posts: 7977
- Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
- Location: Leeds
by texas2201 » Sun 06.09.2009, 14:09
I can still remember my first lap following a friend who said he was going steady - I was sh*t**g bricks and thought I was going to die.................... i.e. I am never going to get round that corner at that speed

"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio

-

texas2201
- God
-
- Posts: 1379
- Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
- Location: Boos Eifel Germany
by Silverghost » Wed 20.10.2010, 18:54
Next year is my, well, let's say notable birthday. Taking someone else's car around the Ring sounds like fun.
You can hire various sorts, but for Ring newbies they suggest the Renaults. That sounds like a compromise too far - but you can book an instruction day in an Exige. Has anyone done this?
-

Silverghost
- Newbie
-
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Fri 11.09.2009, 21:28
- Location: Tacolneston (near Hethel)
Return to Circuits & Track Days
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests