An area set aside for the planning of track days, discussions on circuits and to share your good and bad experiences of life in the fast lane.
Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
by tonny006 » Wed 09.09.2009, 22:21
I have just booked a trackday on the Bedford Autodrome GT circuit, open pit lane £149 and extra passengers and drivers are free.
If anyone is interested it is with
www.trackdays.co.uk
-

tonny006
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 276
- Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
- Location: Church Crookham Fleet
by Monty » Wed 09.09.2009, 23:34
Bedford is a long way for me, but i`ve done it before with a few other LEC`ers nice safe circuit. Have a good one on the 28th

-

Monty
- Chunder King!
-
- Posts: 7977
- Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
- Location: Leeds
by tonny006 » Thu 10.09.2009, 07:57
Monty wrote:Bedford is a long way for me, but i`ve done it before with a few other LEC`ers nice safe circuit. Have a good one on the 28th

I did it last month,
I'm doing some suspension mods at the moment and am looking for a comparison.
sure will enjoy it!
Tony
-

tonny006
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 276
- Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
- Location: Church Crookham Fleet
by chris.t » Thu 10.09.2009, 09:03
extremely tempted to do this one especially as the outside edges of my n/s tyres are shagged. Bedford would be a good opportunity to shag the o/s

I've done Goodwood and Castle combe in the last few days and Castle combe is far more aggresive wrt tyres

Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
-

chris.t
- God
-
- Posts: 3671
- Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
- Location: Storrington, West Sussex
by tonny006 » Thu 10.09.2009, 10:17
chris.t wrote:extremely tempted to do this one especially as the outside edges of my n/s tyres are shagged. Bedford would be a good opportunity to shag the o/s

I've done Goodwood and Castle combe in the last few days and Castle combe is far more aggresive wrt tyres

Go for it Chris!
You are only here once so why not enjoy it!
Goodwood and Castle Coombe.You lucky sod!
Cheers Tony
-

tonny006
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 276
- Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
- Location: Church Crookham Fleet
by Blue_Bullet » Tue 15.09.2009, 23:57
I will go if I have my car back from the gaarage in time!
The answer is out there, It’s looking for you. And it will find you if you want it to!
-

Blue_Bullet
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 301
- Joined: Tue 05.05.2009, 02:28
- Location: Zion
by tonny006 » Wed 16.09.2009, 09:01
Blue_Bullet wrote:I will go if I have my car back from the gaarage in time!
I would book it as there isn't many places left.
-

tonny006
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 276
- Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
- Location: Church Crookham Fleet
by chris.t » Wed 16.09.2009, 10:18
I have booked just waiting for the confirmation email. Tony how do you know how many places are left?
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
-

chris.t
- God
-
- Posts: 3671
- Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
- Location: Storrington, West Sussex
by tonny006 » Wed 16.09.2009, 11:50
chris.t wrote:I have booked just waiting for the confirmation email. Tony how do you know how many places are left?
Glad to hear that Chris.
Are you taking the Elan?
Just a guess
The confirmation will come from circuit days and you can see who is booked in,but for some reason i am not on thier list so there must be more going than listed.
-

tonny006
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 276
- Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
- Location: Church Crookham Fleet
by chris.t » Wed 16.09.2009, 12:34
no I'll have the VX.
Is it worth confirming with Circuit Days that you are actually booked in?
Dee and I will be going up on the Sunday and staying close by as I don't fancy getting up to early.
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
-

chris.t
- God
-
- Posts: 3671
- Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
- Location: Storrington, West Sussex
by tonny006 » Wed 16.09.2009, 13:52
I've got the confermation email from circuit days so all should be ok.
Don't blame you for staying local.
See you on the 28th.
Tony
-

tonny006
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 276
- Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
- Location: Church Crookham Fleet
by chris.t » Thu 17.09.2009, 19:32
Got the confirmation now. Tony, what are the chances of you getting your suspension modded before the 28th? If you manage to get it done I would like to follow you for a few laps (may have the bullet cam fitted) to see how your car handles. The good thing about Bedford is there are all sorts of corners to show the suspension travel so should be an interesting exercise

Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
-

chris.t
- God
-
- Posts: 3671
- Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
- Location: Storrington, West Sussex
by tonny006 » Thu 17.09.2009, 19:43
chris.t wrote:Got the confirmation now. Tony, what are the chances of you getting your suspension modded before the 28th? If you manage to get it done I would like to follow you for a few laps (may have the bullet cam fitted) to see how your car handles. The good thing about Bedford is there are all sorts of corners to show the suspension travel so should be an interesting exercise

Hi Chris,
everything is done apart from the rear springs and dampers.
I have got the dampers but am hoping the springs will be here by next Friday.
I was told today there is a 65% chance i will have them.
If they don't turn up i will just fit the dampers which has got to be better than the 15 year old ones on there now.
Cheers Tony
-

tonny006
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 276
- Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
- Location: Church Crookham Fleet
by tonny006 » Fri 18.09.2009, 20:12
Tony, what are the chances of you getting your suspension modded before the 28th?
Chris,
Good News
I was told today that i should have my springs by the middle of next week.
Tony
-

tonny006
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 276
- Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
- Location: Church Crookham Fleet
by texas2201 » Sat 19.09.2009, 08:32
Tony what are you fitting to the car? Martin
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio

-

texas2201
- God
-
- Posts: 1379
- Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
- Location: Boos Eifel Germany
by tonny006 » Sat 19.09.2009, 16:09
texas2201 wrote:Tony what are you fitting to the car? Martin
Martin,
I won't tell you what i've got untill i know if it works ok
Tony
-

tonny006
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 276
- Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
- Location: Church Crookham Fleet
by texas2201 » Sat 19.09.2009, 18:08
OK - must see your car someday
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio

-

texas2201
- God
-
- Posts: 1379
- Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
- Location: Boos Eifel Germany
by chris.t » Sat 26.09.2009, 09:33
Well it looks like the event is full. Hope t6here is some interesting stuff, not all Corsas and focuses

Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
-

chris.t
- God
-
- Posts: 3671
- Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
- Location: Storrington, West Sussex
by tonny006 » Sat 26.09.2009, 19:43
At least there will be an Elan and a VX there!
-

tonny006
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 276
- Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
- Location: Church Crookham Fleet
Return to Circuits & Track Days
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests