SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of Month

Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby muley » Wed 30.09.2009, 09:10

GeoffSmith wrote:Well I never. :shock:

Guess I'll just have to drop in and say hello. Keep me a seat someone!



That would be excellent - you could collect nitrile O rings if that were organised, too

Any tips on kitty fiddling would be gratefully received ;)

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby chris.t » Wed 30.09.2009, 20:44

oh yeah I've got the kitty haven't I! and I've stated the amount in a previous post - some kitty fiddler I am :roll:
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby GeoffSmith » Wed 30.09.2009, 20:49

muley wrote:Any tips on kitty fiddling would be gratefully received ;)

I'll sit on him, you extract the leather bound moth collection. :lol:
chris.t wrote:I've stated the amount in a previous post :roll:

Well ±£1 anyway. :wink:
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby GeoffSmith » Tue 06.10.2009, 09:54

See you tomorrow.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby chris.t » Tue 06.10.2009, 19:01

GeoffSmith wrote:See you tomorrow.

Southern area meet tradition is new boys have to buy a round :poke:
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby texas2201 » Tue 06.10.2009, 22:01

I should make it tomorrow - what time does everyone get there?
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio :-)
User avatar
texas2201
God
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
Location: Boos Eifel Germany

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby DaveB » Tue 06.10.2009, 22:03

chris.t wrote:
GeoffSmith wrote:See you tomorrow.

Southern area meet tradition is new boys have to buy a round :poke:


Bugger, guess I'll be buying the first round then...

...I have been meaning to meet for some time, and this month I don't need to be in Epsom until later...But, more importantly, I need to get out of the house earlier! :shock:

...Wife is going to the USA on business on Friday...which means that I have to suffer three days of her packing.

Anyone else...clothes in a bag... not a problem.

What I have to look forward to is 3 times 24hrs of sartorial questioning,

"Does this go with that?...what about this necklace with this top? ....ohhhhhh!!! shoes!!!!"

Do I look like Gok Wan?

What time do everyone meet? about 4pm with any luck...
Time taken to post a picture on this forum - down to 35 minutes...
User avatar
DaveB
Fanatic
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon 23.02.2009, 20:13
Location: Godalming, Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby chris.t » Tue 06.10.2009, 22:23

I shall be getting there about 8. you new guys don't forget the secret handshake :poke:
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby markv » Wed 07.10.2009, 09:43

chris.t wrote:I shall be getting there about 8. you new guys don't forget the secret handshake :poke:


Make sure they successfully complete the "initiation ceremony" before you teach them the secret handshake.
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby texas2201 » Wed 07.10.2009, 09:53

I should get there just after 7
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio :-)
User avatar
texas2201
God
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
Location: Boos Eifel Germany

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby DaveB » Wed 07.10.2009, 09:54

As long as it's nothing to do with Geoff's cure for hiccoughs....
Time taken to post a picture on this forum - down to 35 minutes...
User avatar
DaveB
Fanatic
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon 23.02.2009, 20:13
Location: Godalming, Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby DaveB » Wed 07.10.2009, 10:29

Ooooh-eeerrrr

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/warnings.asp

Still taking car though

Image
Time taken to post a picture on this forum - down to 35 minutes...
User avatar
DaveB
Fanatic
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon 23.02.2009, 20:13
Location: Godalming, Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby ashm » Wed 07.10.2009, 11:05

And wouldn't you know it I forgot my thigh-towel today :roll:

I'll bring a bunch of O-rings for them that wants some. I work in Bracknell, should be leaving here about 1830 so will probably be there around 1930 or so...

Adam
User avatar
ashm
God
 
Posts: 869
Joined: Sat 14.02.2009, 11:32
Location: South Wales

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby tonny006 » Wed 07.10.2009, 11:59

Looks just like last month,
I couldn't see a thing all the way there.
I'll still be taking the Elan though.
It's the only time i get to drive it on the road!
see you about 9ish
Tony
DaveB wrote:Ooooh-eeerrrr

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/warnings.asp

Still taking car though

Image
User avatar
tonny006
Fanatic
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
Location: Church Crookham Fleet

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby chris.t » Wed 07.10.2009, 12:46

markv wrote:
chris.t wrote:I shall be getting there about 8. you new guys don't forget the secret handshake :poke:


Make sure they successfully complete the "initiation ceremony" before you teach them the secret handshake.

Oh yes the bit where they have to buy the whole gathering a drink.

I'll talk the management about having our xmas lunch there too unless peeps want to go somewhere different :?
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby stevieshag » Wed 07.10.2009, 13:32

Not attending tonight.... Nothing new there then... :(
oh summer!! the time to go topless...


black lotus elan se (kermit)
Mitsibushi outlander
suzuki gsx 750 W (Gonzo)
stevieshag
God
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Sat 10.07.2004, 23:30
Location: stonehenge

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby texas2201 » Wed 07.10.2009, 13:40

got to do something for my daughter so wont get there till 740pm or so
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio :-)
User avatar
texas2201
God
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
Location: Boos Eifel Germany

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby Nige » Wed 07.10.2009, 18:35

Leaving home in the next 15 mins or so!
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby rjbean » Wed 07.10.2009, 19:09

Sorry, won't be going tonight. There is so much standing water around here, I don't fancy the journey especially if more comes. Hope you all have a great time.
User avatar
rjbean
Fanatic
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun 18.04.2004, 08:41
Location: West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby GeoffSmith » Thu 08.10.2009, 00:57

Looks like I'm the first one back then! Good to put some more faces to names. Unfortunately, I haven't had access to the wibble so I missed the posts about the initiation ceremony - sorry I couldn't buy anyone a drink on expenses (that's how you get to be the kitty fiddler) as it would have made me as hypocritical as an MP. :twisted:

Martin, you could have told me the A34 was shut at Burghclere - never mind, had a great blast down the old Tadley to Shrivenham route (via Enborne, Halfway and Wickham). The motorway was so boring I stopped and had a quadruple espresso so I'm as high as a kite now. 8)
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

PreviousNext

Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests