Track rod ends

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: Track rod ends

Postby GeoffSmith » Sat 03.10.2009, 14:27

Monty wrote:
Specky wrote:14mm small
28mm big
20mm height

measurements near as damit

TTFN



Have a look in the parts cross ref section :poke:


Yeah, but they are the same as John mentioned and I posted a link to earlier, but they are 13 x 32 x 25 mm so possibly too big at the bottom. 8)
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Re: Track rod ends

Postby BFG in the BRG » Tue 20.10.2009, 15:55

I say chaps, did anyone ever find a Track Rod End that will fit - I've just found a split CV boot and so thought I might do the TRE's at the same time 8) .
Alas soon to be Elan-less
I keep telling myself it is for the best
User avatar
BFG in the BRG
Fanatic
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue 13.05.2008, 14:13
Location: Eastbourne (God's Waiting Room)

Re: Track rod ends

Postby GeoffSmith » Tue 20.10.2009, 19:17

I assume Ray hasn't heard anything from QH so unfortunately it's an $J$portscar special Pash.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Re: Track rod ends

Postby RayD » Tue 20.10.2009, 20:37

I haven’t Geoff, someone passed it onto someone was waiting for someone else to get back to them.

There’s enough time passed by for me to ask the original question again ... which I’ll do tomorrow.

Ray
User avatar
RayD
Forum Member
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Mon 20.03.2006, 19:45
Location: South Yorkshire

Re: Track rod ends

Postby RayD » Wed 21.10.2009, 16:12

Email and drawing sent to QH today.

Ray
User avatar
RayD
Forum Member
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Mon 20.03.2006, 19:45
Location: South Yorkshire

Re: Track rod ends

Postby GeoffSmith » Wed 21.10.2009, 20:20

:smt023
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Re: Track rod ends

Postby RayD » Fri 13.11.2009, 10:39

Reply from QH....

Ray,

Good morning. We have asked the potential source again but to no avail I'm afraid. It's a shame as I'd love to be able to cover it.

Best regards

Ian Boyle

Product Manager
Steering & Suspension Products
User avatar
RayD
Forum Member
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Mon 20.03.2006, 19:45
Location: South Yorkshire

Re: Track rod ends

Postby RayD » Fri 13.11.2009, 11:19

Thank you for trying Ian ... if something occurs to you later how we might end up with between 60 and 100 of them please let me know.

Likewise, if you have any tips on how best to proceed considering the track rod end closely resembles QR1785S apart from the unusual 1:6 taper on the Lotus Elan M100.

Having the QR1785S taper machined to 1:6 ?
Reamering out the track control arm hole to 1:8 ?

Regards
Ray
User avatar
RayD
Forum Member
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Mon 20.03.2006, 19:45
Location: South Yorkshire

Previous

Return to Suspension and Brakes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests