Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
by GeoffSmith » Sat 03.10.2009, 14:27
Monty wrote:Specky wrote:14mm small
28mm big
20mm height
measurements near as damit
TTFN
Have a look in the parts cross ref section

Yeah, but they are the same as John mentioned and I posted a link to earlier, but they are
13 x 32 x 25 mm so possibly too big at the bottom.

Calypso Red S2 #417
USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
-

GeoffSmith
- Kitty Fiddler
-
- Posts: 15628
- Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
- Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire
-
by BFG in the BRG » Tue 20.10.2009, 15:55
I say chaps, did anyone ever find a Track Rod End that will fit - I've just found a split CV boot and so thought I might do the TRE's at the same time

.
Alas soon to be Elan-less
I keep telling myself it is for the best
-

BFG in the BRG
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 457
- Joined: Tue 13.05.2008, 14:13
- Location: Eastbourne (God's Waiting Room)
by GeoffSmith » Tue 20.10.2009, 19:17
I assume Ray hasn't heard anything from QH so unfortunately it's an $J$portscar special Pash.
Calypso Red S2 #417
USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
-

GeoffSmith
- Kitty Fiddler
-
- Posts: 15628
- Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
- Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire
-
by RayD » Tue 20.10.2009, 20:37
I haven’t Geoff, someone passed it onto someone was waiting for someone else to get back to them.
There’s enough time passed by for me to ask the original question again ... which I’ll do tomorrow.
Ray
-

RayD
- Forum Member
-
- Posts: 2142
- Joined: Mon 20.03.2006, 19:45
- Location: South Yorkshire
by RayD » Wed 21.10.2009, 16:12
Email and drawing sent to QH today.
Ray
-

RayD
- Forum Member
-
- Posts: 2142
- Joined: Mon 20.03.2006, 19:45
- Location: South Yorkshire
by GeoffSmith » Wed 21.10.2009, 20:20
Calypso Red S2 #417
USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
-

GeoffSmith
- Kitty Fiddler
-
- Posts: 15628
- Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
- Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire
-
by RayD » Fri 13.11.2009, 10:39
Reply from QH....
Ray,
Good morning. We have asked the potential source again but to no avail I'm afraid. It's a shame as I'd love to be able to cover it.
Best regards
Ian Boyle
Product Manager
Steering & Suspension Products
-

RayD
- Forum Member
-
- Posts: 2142
- Joined: Mon 20.03.2006, 19:45
- Location: South Yorkshire
by RayD » Fri 13.11.2009, 11:19
Thank you for trying Ian ... if something occurs to you later how we might end up with between 60 and 100 of them please let me know.
Likewise, if you have any tips on how best to proceed considering the track rod end closely resembles QR1785S apart from the unusual 1:6 taper on the Lotus Elan M100.
Having the QR1785S taper machined to 1:6 ?
Reamering out the track control arm hole to 1:8 ?
Regards
Ray
-

RayD
- Forum Member
-
- Posts: 2142
- Joined: Mon 20.03.2006, 19:45
- Location: South Yorkshire
Return to Suspension and Brakes
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests