SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of Month

Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby tonny006 » Sun 03.01.2010, 12:12

Is there a meeting on the 6th Jan.
I need a reason to give the Elan a run after doing the head gasket and before a track day on the 23rd.
Tony
User avatar
tonny006
Fanatic
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
Location: Church Crookham Fleet

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby chris.t » Sun 03.01.2010, 12:20

I'll be there Tony but not sure which car yet.
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby tonny006 » Sun 03.01.2010, 12:29

I'll see you there, even if it is just the 2 of us.
Tony
User avatar
tonny006
Fanatic
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
Location: Church Crookham Fleet

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby Nige » Sun 03.01.2010, 19:00

I expect so and plan to be there so hopefully that will be at least 3.
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby muley » Sun 03.01.2010, 22:33

I'll be there - unless a miracle happens I''ll be in the snotter

Happy New Year



Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby muley » Tue 05.01.2010, 16:23

Weather forecast doesn't look too good - if it's bad weather I might give the meet a miss

Rgds

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby chris.t » Tue 05.01.2010, 16:31

ditto Jim - I wouldn't want to get stuck in the pub all night :?
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby stevieshag » Tue 05.01.2010, 17:37

what about changing it to thursday :poke: ;-) :-D :roll: :beer:
oh summer!! the time to go topless...


black lotus elan se (kermit)
Mitsibushi outlander
suzuki gsx 750 W (Gonzo)
stevieshag
God
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Sat 10.07.2004, 23:30
Location: stonehenge

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby Nige » Tue 05.01.2010, 17:55

M'mm, my attendance will be dependant on the weather, which means I'll decide on the night after looking out the window. If the forcast snow does appear then I may choose not to venture out, shame as I have the discount vouchers for food picked up at the Christmas do that are valid in Jan and Feb only.
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby markv » Tue 05.01.2010, 22:30

Nige wrote:M'mm, my attendance will be dependant on the weather, which means I'll decide on the night after looking out the window. If the forcast snow does appear then I may choose not to venture out...

I've just looked out of the window and made my decision! Happy New Year and see you at the February meet...
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby tonny006 » Tue 05.01.2010, 23:50

Just looked out of my window as well.
I don't think it's Elan weather out there.
I don't think i will be going unless it gets better. :shock:
User avatar
tonny006
Fanatic
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
Location: Church Crookham Fleet

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby DaveB » Wed 06.01.2010, 13:06

Well done if ANYBODY gets out there today....

.... you might have the pub to yourself. 8)


I tried a drive today (not in the Lotus, I'm not THAT stupid)... didn't get very far.

Anyway... I'm off now to go and 'panic buy' something...
Time taken to post a picture on this forum - down to 35 minutes...
User avatar
DaveB
Fanatic
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon 23.02.2009, 20:13
Location: Godalming, Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby rjbean » Wed 06.01.2010, 20:06

I'm afraid we're going to chicken out tonight. Hope everyone is well.
User avatar
rjbean
Fanatic
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun 18.04.2004, 08:41
Location: West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby Nige » Wed 06.01.2010, 21:07

Discretion being the better part of valour, I'm staying at home tonight. It's not too bad here as Bournemouth and Poole seem to have missed the worst of it (no snow at all at work this morning) but the Hampshire end seems to have caught a heavy fall again (for the South that is).
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby Dave Eds » Wed 06.01.2010, 22:56

14 hours to get to my first meet - and not one of you there to greet me!

:-D
Attachments
All Hen but no chickens!.jpg
Kitty stands by the log fire!
All Hen but no chickens!.jpg (24.74 KiB) Viewed 3599 times
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby Nige » Thu 07.01.2010, 00:08

Dave, you could have pushed on all the way to Bournemouth and I'd have offered you a beer!
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby chris.t » Thu 07.01.2010, 11:31

Well from 3am on wednesday morning we had a power cut through to 8pm. Couldn't get any cars out and we had no food. Not that we could have cooked any anyway. Baked potatoes on our open fire and found out that 1 hour in the embers is far too long :( Still power came on so we could watch celebrity big brother :cry:
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby DaveB » Thu 07.01.2010, 12:40

Perhaps we ought to put this in the wiki :lol:
Time taken to post a picture on this forum - down to 35 minutes...
User avatar
DaveB
Fanatic
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon 23.02.2009, 20:13
Location: Godalming, Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby chris.t » Thu 07.01.2010, 16:16

DaveB wrote:Perhaps we ought to put this in the wiki :lol:

very good and had I have had an internet connection it would have been very useful yesterday :D
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of Month

Postby tonny006 » Sun 10.01.2010, 22:46

After the bad weather last week and no one being able to get to the Hen and Chicken.
I have checked the weather and it is warming up slightly and hopefully melting the snow.
Does any one want to meet there this Wednesday instead?
It will give me a chance to test my new head gasket.
User avatar
tonny006
Fanatic
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
Location: Church Crookham Fleet

PreviousNext

Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest