Replacement Fans (UK Turbo & NA)

Start your Group Buy threads here for anything pertaining to the M100

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: Replacement Fans (UK Turbo & NA)

Postby vi11ain » Thu 25.02.2010, 11:26

My fans are getting noisy and my rad will need to be replace/recored before too much longer, so if the #10 slot is still free I'd like to join in please?

Ben

1. Nige
2. Nige
3. DeeAitch
4. John_W
5. Denny
6. AndyT
7. MPx
8. Brian s
9. peter E
10. Ben
...of the plot
vi11ain
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri 15.09.2006, 22:07
Location: Esher, Surrey

Re: Replacement Fans (UK Turbo & NA)

Postby Gordon » Fri 26.02.2010, 13:48

Hopefully I've emailed everyone with payment details - please contact if not;
I'll post progress updates on here as & when - hopefully no more than a couple of weeks this time.

1. Nige - Paid
2. Nige - Paid
3. DeeAitch - Paid
4. John_W - Paid
5. Denny - Paid
6. AndyT - Paid
7. MPx - Paid
8. Brian s - Paid
9. peterthelotus (peter E) - Paid
10. vi11ain (Ben)
1990 M100, Calypso Red
1981 S3 NA Esprit, Calypso Red
2005 Vectra C....
User avatar
Gordon
Fanatic
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Sun 09.07.2006, 18:31
Location: Torquay, Devon, UK

Re: Replacement Fans (UK Turbo & NA)

Postby Gordon » Thu 01.04.2010, 16:32

Posted most today - sorry for the delay guys - I decided to slip of to Egypt for a break to get away from this ghastly weather...

1. Nige - Paid - Shipped 01/04/10 - Received
2. Nige - Paid - Shipped 01/04/10 - Received
3. DeeAitch - Paid - Shipped 01/04/10 - Received
4. John_W - Paid - Shipped 01/04/10 - Received
5. Denny - Paid - Shipped 01/04/10 - Received
6. AndyT - Paid - Shipped 01/04/10 - Received
7. MPx - Paid - Shipped 08/04/10 - Received
8. Brian s - Paid - Shipped 01/04/10 - Received
9. peterthelotus (peter E) - Paid - Shipped 01/04/10 - Received
10. vi11ain (Ben) - Paid - Shipped 01/04/10 - Received

Edit - all accounted for! - Remember to refer to the trimming pictures earlier in this thread.

Also, if you plan to spin a fan up un-mounted, it spins with quite a kick! Please make sure it can't spin and break something (or itself!)
Last edited by Gordon on Wed 14.04.2010, 18:02, edited 6 times in total.
1990 M100, Calypso Red
1981 S3 NA Esprit, Calypso Red
2005 Vectra C....
User avatar
Gordon
Fanatic
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Sun 09.07.2006, 18:31
Location: Torquay, Devon, UK

Re: Replacement Fans (UK Turbo & NA)

Postby Nige » Thu 01.04.2010, 17:34

Thanks Gordon, I'll warn the other half as I'm not at home to receive them (but the weathers great).
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Re: Replacement Fans (UK Turbo & NA)

Postby John_W » Tue 06.04.2010, 19:09

Gordon,
Received my fans today, thanks.
Well done for finding these.
John :smt023
User avatar
John_W
Heid-bummer
 
Posts: 3780
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 12:31
Location: Aberdeen

Re: Replacement Fans (UK Turbo & NA)

Postby AndyT » Wed 07.04.2010, 09:52

Hi Gordon,
Received my fans
Thanks for sorting
Andy :D
User avatar
AndyT
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu 06.03.2008, 23:35
Location: Clitheroe Lancashire

Re: Replacement Fans (UK Turbo & NA)

Postby Denny » Wed 07.04.2010, 10:40

Hi Gordon,
Received my fans
Thanks.
Ian.
Green 1990 SE 89,000 miles - Sold 2014
Red 1990 SE 28,000 miles - Bought 2020. I should drive this more often!
User avatar
Denny
Fanatic
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue 24.07.2007, 11:43
Location: North Yorkshire

Re: Replacement Fans (UK Turbo & NA)

Postby nicowalker1 » Wed 07.04.2010, 18:20

i missed this again, dont suppose anyone has a spair pair?
User avatar
nicowalker1
God
 
Posts: 1017
Joined: Sat 18.04.2009, 13:44
Location: Sowerby Bridge

Re: Replacement Fans (UK Turbo & NA)

Postby brian s » Fri 09.04.2010, 20:23

hi gordon,
fans arrived this morning,thanks for your efforts in sorting these.
cheers
brian s
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon 04.01.2010, 23:03
Location: Newport, south wales

Re: Replacement Fans (UK Turbo & NA)

Postby Nige » Fri 09.04.2010, 20:27

Message from home tells me mine have arrived as well, thanks Gordon.
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Re: Replacement Fans (UK Turbo & NA)

Postby DeeAitch » Sat 10.04.2010, 20:46

Picked them up today :D
Big thanks for sorting this Gordon 8)
User avatar
DeeAitch
God
 
Posts: 1773
Joined: Fri 09.05.2003, 22:11
Location: North East

Re: Replacement Fans (UK Turbo & NA)

Postby MPx » Sun 11.04.2010, 00:45

.....and mine arrived today too Gordon,
many thanks
Mike :cheers:
Mike - MPx
95 M100 Elan S2 (423)
86 Turbo Esprit
but no longer Carlton no 808 nor Sunbeam S1 :(
User avatar
MPx
God
 
Posts: 823
Joined: Mon 05.06.2006, 22:50
Location: Somerset, England

super service

Postby petezipp » Wed 12.05.2010, 23:14

A public thanks for getting these fans & sorting my clumsy breackage out.
These are a great buy and credit to Gordon for his efforts.
They sound just fine now but hoping they don't come on too often.

It's enthusiasts like you who make the owning of a lotus just about affordable.

peter :D
See that in the sky is it a Tesla No it's a Mitsubishi MU-2 in Lotus ,Black & Gold
User avatar
petezipp
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun 11.03.2007, 00:08
Location: Birmingham,England

Re: Replacement Fans (UK Turbo & NA)

Postby Gordon » Thu 13.05.2010, 09:03

Thanks Peter, you're quite welcome.
1990 M100, Calypso Red
1981 S3 NA Esprit, Calypso Red
2005 Vectra C....
User avatar
Gordon
Fanatic
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Sun 09.07.2006, 18:31
Location: Torquay, Devon, UK

Re: Replacement Fans (UK Turbo & NA)

Postby Steve A » Thu 13.05.2010, 10:44

8) well done Gordon
I feel like I've got the only Elan with standard fans.
I don't suppose you have another pair tucked away :poke: :mrgreen:
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
User avatar
Steve A
God
 
Posts: 2662
Joined: Tue 18.09.2007, 12:44
Location: South East Essex

Re: Replacement Fans (UK Turbo & NA)

Postby Gordon » Thu 13.05.2010, 11:08

Steve A wrote:8) well done Gordon
I feel like I've got the only Elan with standard fans.
I don't suppose you have another pair tucked away :poke: :mrgreen:

I might possibly have a spare pair....
1990 M100, Calypso Red
1981 S3 NA Esprit, Calypso Red
2005 Vectra C....
User avatar
Gordon
Fanatic
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Sun 09.07.2006, 18:31
Location: Torquay, Devon, UK

Re: Replacement Fans (UK Turbo & NA)

Postby scot_otter » Thu 13.05.2010, 11:58

Gordon wrote:
Steve A wrote:8) well done Gordon
I feel like I've got the only Elan with standard fans.
I don't suppose you have another pair tucked away :poke: :mrgreen:

I might possibly have a spare pair....


Dont supose you have 2 spare pairs do you?
Failing that Ive just had a conversation with SJS. They have sourced a fan replacement and are making there own mounting bracket for it. They should be ready in about 2-3 weeks. The damage is £79 for 1 fan including P&P
scot_otter
Newbie
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue 11.05.2010, 13:24

Re: Replacement Fans (UK Turbo & NA)

Postby Steve A » Thu 13.05.2010, 12:08

I might possibly have a spare pair....
:banana:
Well if you have, I'll definitly take them :banana:
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
User avatar
Steve A
God
 
Posts: 2662
Joined: Tue 18.09.2007, 12:44
Location: South East Essex

Re: Replacement Fans (UK Turbo & NA)

Postby Gordon » Thu 13.05.2010, 12:12

scot_otter wrote:The damage is £79 for 1 fan including P&P


Has it got the correct plug on it :)

Makes me look quite competitive, for a fan that fits straight in (after a bit of DIY trimming ;) )

I'll have a look when I get home...

Gordon.
1990 M100, Calypso Red
1981 S3 NA Esprit, Calypso Red
2005 Vectra C....
User avatar
Gordon
Fanatic
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Sun 09.07.2006, 18:31
Location: Torquay, Devon, UK

Re: Replacement Fans (UK Turbo & NA)

Postby Steve A » Fri 14.05.2010, 20:11

Hi Gordon,

You have a pm :wink:
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
User avatar
Steve A
God
 
Posts: 2662
Joined: Tue 18.09.2007, 12:44
Location: South East Essex

PreviousNext

Return to Group Buys

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests