Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
by esprit888 » Sun 30.05.2010, 04:32
This was what i did, but no response, perhaps direct to the dealer asking them to buy at aftersales pricing is the way to go?
Elanlover wrote:I think you need to order from a dealer as parts listed in the aftersales sale are still sold through th dealer network - just at reduced prices. The form you use asks you to provide the name of the nearest dealer which they will then ship to. You buy the part from the dealership at the reduced price.
-

esprit888
- God
-
- Posts: 957
- Joined: Fri 31.10.2008, 18:56
- Location: Lotus Land-Canada
by lotusgirlmarie » Sun 30.05.2010, 07:18
This was the good side I rebuilt. the other side was in really bad shape and cannot be repaired. The spider is damaged as is the receiver cup.
I have an email into Lotus we'll wait a few days and see what pops up. If no joy I'll seek other means. Ooooo this sucks
- Attachments
-
TX.jpg
- The new impact driver
- (123.84 KiB) Not downloaded yet
-

- CV .jpg (133.67 KiB) Viewed 9836 times
Must....................Go...............Faster
-

lotusgirlmarie
- Goddess
-
- Posts: 1434
- Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 07:35
- Location: Earth or there abouts
by lotusgirlmarie » Sun 30.05.2010, 08:27
On a side note, I'm also rebuilding my AC system and my drier is deffo worse for wear. I'm looking for a new one and have read that it is a GM part. Any part numbers? I need a new trinary switch as well.
Must....................Go...............Faster
-

lotusgirlmarie
- Goddess
-
- Posts: 1434
- Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 07:35
- Location: Earth or there abouts
by Elanlover » Sun 30.05.2010, 18:33
esprit888 wrote:This was what i did, but no response, perhaps direct to the dealer asking them to buy at aftersales pricing is the way to go?
Yes, that's what I meant - sorry. Best to deal with Bell and Covill (or another dealer) and ask them directly about the part. They'll check its availability for you. Its a good idea that you mention that you saw the part on the aftersales list (even if it was some time ago) for "X" dollars and wondered if they were still available.
I do whatever my Rice Crispies tell me to do
-

Elanlover
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 3513
- Joined: Fri 05.08.2005, 19:11
- Location: The Great White North
by Jackonicko » Sun 30.05.2010, 21:48
I may have a receiver/drier in addition to the compressor that I need to go and get from my storage facility, Marie.
-
Jackonicko
-
by lotusgirlmarie » Sun 30.05.2010, 22:55
Jackonicko wrote:I may have a receiver/drier in addition to the compressor that I need to go and get from my storage facility, Marie.
Your My Hero!!!!!

I've been trying to rebuild the AC for years. Just never quite finished it.
My goals for this year is to have all of the mechanics, rear brakes and bodywork on the car 100% sorted. Next year, full body off paint job and complete interior redo. It will be saucy and worthy of the lotus badge, heritage and the title "exotic car". Can't wait!!! Soooooo exciting!!!!!
Must....................Go...............Faster
-

lotusgirlmarie
- Goddess
-
- Posts: 1434
- Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 07:35
- Location: Earth or there abouts
by lotusgirlmarie » Mon 31.05.2010, 07:56
Does anyone know or have the link to the engine sound deadening pad place? I want to get a new one when the car is resprayed.
Must....................Go...............Faster
-

lotusgirlmarie
- Goddess
-
- Posts: 1434
- Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 07:35
- Location: Earth or there abouts
by Specky » Mon 31.05.2010, 08:03
Paul watkins was the point of contact in the UK, he may be able to help.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
-

Specky
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 5982
- Joined: Sun 07.09.2003, 23:19
- Location: Swindon
by dapinky » Mon 31.05.2010, 10:41
....or over your side, there is
this oneBest bet is to read through
the thread - there is a good pic of Matt's white car with it fitted in the last posting.
Dave
Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it
...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
-

dapinky
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 10613
- Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
- Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).
by steve matthews » Mon 31.05.2010, 16:54
LGM, classic 9 leather shop (hood liners).
I like the look handles the heat well. Placed on the new lady January 010.
Affordable.
Steve
-

steve matthews
- God
-
- Posts: 1096
- Joined: Mon 06.11.2006, 22:16
- Location: VIRGINIA
by lotusgirlmarie » Sat 05.06.2010, 05:35
Thank you both.
I just finished up doing the wiring for the new LED lighting for the Elise lights. Turn signals work as normal with the resistor packs I built. Crazy looking bulbs, too. They work famously though.
- Attachments
-

- Light .jpg (99.3 KiB) Viewed 9686 times
-

- IMG_0638.jpg (149.46 KiB) Viewed 9686 times
Must....................Go...............Faster
-

lotusgirlmarie
- Goddess
-
- Posts: 1434
- Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 07:35
- Location: Earth or there abouts
by lotusgirlmarie » Sat 05.06.2010, 17:55
Just ordered a new aluminum AC drier. Hopefully it will work and be a bit lighter. I also just finished up changing out the resistance chip on the Fuel level sender as my guage never quite read properly. Now it's spot on. I need to figure out the low fuel light still though. If anyone is interested the OEM chip is 37ohms-247ohms full-empty
http://www.nostalgicairparts.com/popup/ ... php?pid=40
Must....................Go...............Faster
-

lotusgirlmarie
- Goddess
-
- Posts: 1434
- Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 07:35
- Location: Earth or there abouts
by texas2201 » Sun 06.06.2010, 09:30
weird bulbs!! do you have a picture of them working?
lotusgirlmarie wrote:Thank you both.
I just finished up doing the wiring for the new LED lighting for the Elise lights. Turn signals work as normal with the resistor packs I built. Crazy looking bulbs, too. They work famously though.
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio

-

texas2201
- God
-
- Posts: 1379
- Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
- Location: Boos Eifel Germany
by lotusgirlmarie » Sun 06.06.2010, 13:31
From their website
http://www.ledlight.com/detailpopup.asp ... -light.jpgThey have really pure red colour in the lail lights and an instant on off. Very even dispersion and little to no heat. Great I sound like an advert. They are really nice though. All of my exterior lamps with the exception of the reverse lights and inner turn signal on the rear are LED now. It's really expensive to swap them all out but considerring you will never have to buy another bulb......
Must....................Go...............Faster
-

lotusgirlmarie
- Goddess
-
- Posts: 1434
- Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 07:35
- Location: Earth or there abouts
by texas2201 » Sun 06.06.2010, 16:54
everything you do is expensive Marie (who the F*** is Louise)

but very good - just wish I had the money and time to bring mine up to the level of yours
Last edited by
texas2201 on Sat 31.07.2010, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio

-

texas2201
- God
-
- Posts: 1379
- Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
- Location: Boos Eifel Germany
by lotusgirlmarie » Sun 06.06.2010, 18:13
It took me a few months ordering a couple bulbs at a time to get them all.
You should see some of my other projects I'm working on. Along with the rear valances, which are coming along nicely I might add, I'm making lower profile inner light covers. Less intrusive into the already limited trunk space. I'm also making a new power steering resevoir to match my coolant tank and to replace the one in my car that is leaking. Like I said earlier in the post..... I'm fixing and upgrading all the mechanics this year and I'll do all of the body next year. In the end I'll have a very sexy Elan. Then to buy either a beater or another exotic in dire need of some TLC.
Must....................Go...............Faster
-

lotusgirlmarie
- Goddess
-
- Posts: 1434
- Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 07:35
- Location: Earth or there abouts
by texas2201 » Wed 09.06.2010, 00:29
GLOL it will be superb then - I always follow your posts with interest - I would love a drive of your car to see what the difference is

"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio

-

texas2201
- God
-
- Posts: 1379
- Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
- Location: Boos Eifel Germany
by lotusgirlmarie » Wed 09.06.2010, 03:04
I wish I could post photos from my iPhone. I don't always have access to my computer. The resevoir is coming along quite nicely.
Must....................Go...............Faster
-

lotusgirlmarie
- Goddess
-
- Posts: 1434
- Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 07:35
- Location: Earth or there abouts
by Specky » Wed 09.06.2010, 06:54
I do,
Take a photo
email yourself
upload it on to a hosting site
Ta-Dar
TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
-

Specky
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 5982
- Joined: Sun 07.09.2003, 23:19
- Location: Swindon
by lotusgirlmarie » Sun 20.06.2010, 14:14
My new power steering tank. The last one cracked at the base soooo.... I built this cusom one. I used a Canton tank, cut it up, built a new bracket and baseplate, welded it all togeather then ground down the welds and polished it out to match my custom coolant tank.
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/9139425@N0 ... 7/sizes/m/
Last edited by
lotusgirlmarie on Sun 20.06.2010, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.
Must....................Go...............Faster
-

lotusgirlmarie
- Goddess
-
- Posts: 1434
- Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 07:35
- Location: Earth or there abouts
Return to Projects - Car (Major)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests