East Mids or thereabouts

Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: LEC Anglian Meet - to be scheduled

Postby rip » Tue 21.09.2010, 19:52

Camping on October 10th? I think I'll pass on that one. It will be getting cold at night by then.
This is an event...an unsual one but an event all the same.
If a few of us can arrange to have a get-together there then go for a drive to somewhere for a bite to eat, then I'll be up for that.
It would be even more surreal to have a line-up of Elans here... & maybe an MX-5 too? :shock: :roll:

This would have been the day after Malvern, if it had not been cancelled.
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Re: LEC Anglian Meet - to be scheduled

Postby ShaunM » Tue 21.09.2010, 21:57

Definitely! I'll be there! :banana:

Bonkers for Conkers:

1. ShaunM
2.
User avatar
ShaunM
Fanatic
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat 02.09.2006, 17:32
Location: Norwich, UK (9.6 miles from Hethel)

Re: LEC Anglian Meet - to be scheduled

Postby Stef » Tue 21.09.2010, 22:09

Although I don't live too far away, I may go for a stay over, make a full break for the event, and possibly get to enjoy the beer a bit more!

For those travelling further, there are accommodation options on the web link if interested.

It is an odd event, not a massive thing but truely British and growing each year.

JB sold a conker on a bit of string with a copy of game rules to an American for £5 plus post a few years ago :o ... Ebay is wonderful, local traditions even better! May see me chasing cheese in Gloucestershire soon...
Men are like a fine wine.
They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the sh * t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
User avatar
Stef
TVR/PistonHeads Ambassador
 
Posts: 4016
Joined: Fri 01.08.2003, 14:23
Location: Northamptonshire

Re: LEC Anglian Meet - to be scheduled

Postby rip » Tue 21.09.2010, 22:51

ShaunM wrote:Definitely! I'll be there! :banana:

Bonkers for Conkers:


List time eh?

1. ShaunM
2. rip (Not camping)
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Re: LEC Anglian Meet - to be scheduled

Postby Stef » Wed 22.09.2010, 11:52

Can the thread heading be changed please?

Ta!
Men are like a fine wine.
They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the sh * t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
User avatar
Stef
TVR/PistonHeads Ambassador
 
Posts: 4016
Joined: Fri 01.08.2003, 14:23
Location: Northamptonshire

Re: Changed Please

Postby DaveT » Wed 29.09.2010, 09:45

Sorry Stef - couldnt resist that!!!


What would you like it changed to?

D
THE PIMPERNEL MOD

Don't get mad- get even!!
Good days are Elan days
User avatar
DaveT
Sadly departed but never forgotten
 
Posts: 2183
Joined: Fri 04.11.2005, 17:35
Location: Lincs

Re: Changed Please

Postby Dave Eds » Wed 29.09.2010, 09:57

DaveT wrote:Sorry Stef - couldnt resist that!!!


What would you like it changed to?

D



SOH is still there then Dave :D

:wink:
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Re: Changed Please

Postby Stef » Thu 07.10.2010, 12:26

Doh! :roll:

Well, weather looks good, my bee costume is ready, arranged travel with the local wine maker stall and have a bag of conkers I still havent threaded or practiced with.

All on I feel!

Looking forward to it!
Men are like a fine wine.
They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the sh * t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
User avatar
Stef
TVR/PistonHeads Ambassador
 
Posts: 4016
Joined: Fri 01.08.2003, 14:23
Location: Northamptonshire

Re: Changed Please

Postby Denny » Thu 07.10.2010, 15:57

Stef wrote:Doh! :roll:

have a bag of conkers I still havent threaded or practiced with.



I thought the organisers supplied the conkers and string :?: edit: Oh I see their just for practice

How sad am I ? I read the rules :oops:
Green 1990 SE 89,000 miles - Sold 2014
Red 1990 SE 28,000 miles - Bought 2020. I should drive this more often!
User avatar
Denny
Fanatic
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue 24.07.2007, 11:43
Location: North Yorkshire

Re: Changed Please

Postby rip » Fri 08.10.2010, 15:23

I don't think I'll be able to make this now.

Good luck, Stef.
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Re: East Mids or thereabouts

Postby Stef » Sun 10.10.2010, 15:41

Hi All.

Had a really great day and the bee costume with Justin as the bee keeper and smoke puffer went down well. Lots of people dressed up and the whole event had a brilliant atmosphere.

I sadly go knocked out in round 3, but pleased to get that far! My defeater was twice World champ though...

Camera is on charge so piccies will be posted later.

Think I shall be enterin for next year as well!

Didn't get to meetanyone else I know there apart from our friend running the wine stand. Hope some of you made it along, and if not, do think about going another year as I am sure you'll like it!

Enjoy the weather everyone!
Men are like a fine wine.
They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the sh * t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
User avatar
Stef
TVR/PistonHeads Ambassador
 
Posts: 4016
Joined: Fri 01.08.2003, 14:23
Location: Northamptonshire

Re: East Mids or thereabouts

Postby Stef » Fri 22.10.2010, 15:10

Have posted a few pics on the Off Topic bonkers for conkers thread!
Men are like a fine wine.
They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the sh * t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
User avatar
Stef
TVR/PistonHeads Ambassador
 
Posts: 4016
Joined: Fri 01.08.2003, 14:23
Location: Northamptonshire

Previous

Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron