Spotted

Post here if your topic fits no other thread in this category.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: Spotted

Postby Songbird » Thu 07.10.2010, 20:45

Spotted ... for sale in a car lot in Whitefoot lane, Lewisham, South East London.....
Whilst out and about last week, inspecting the streets (work)... I came across this....
The elan is in a very cheap second hand car dealers.... and the sales office is the rusty old caravan you see behind the elan :shock: :shock: :shock:


Image
User avatar
Songbird
Fanatic
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat 25.07.2009, 17:19
Location: London (south east)

Re: Spotted

Postby daveA » Wed 13.10.2010, 21:15

Hi

Spotted this on someones drive Northholt NW london

c61554.jpg


is this Kiers car he sold :?:

daveA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Only here cause I want to BE here !
User avatar
daveA
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon 22.09.2008, 23:06
Location: nw london

Re: Spotted

Postby Dave Eds » Wed 13.10.2010, 22:40

Yep! :wink:
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Re: Spotted

Postby Kier » Fri 15.10.2010, 17:45

Strange seeing it on someone else's drive, but it seems to be in good hands. New owner is already a forum viewer and no doubt will introduce himself at some point :D
User avatar
Kier
Fanatic
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed 13.07.2005, 20:48
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Spotted

Postby tomac1975 » Sun 17.10.2010, 19:52

Nmy on m40 @ 11.45 this morning near high Wycombe.
tomac1975
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun 03.01.2010, 16:52
Location: South Bucks Iver

Re: Spotted

Postby DaveB » Wed 20.10.2010, 19:55

Cheating a bit, but just spotted Adam (ashm) as he dropped something round to me... :smt023

... He just left with the roof down. Good lad. It's 3 degrees out there.
Time taken to post a picture on this forum - down to 35 minutes...
User avatar
DaveB
Fanatic
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon 23.02.2009, 20:13
Location: Godalming, Surrey

Re: Spotted

Postby Kier » Wed 20.10.2010, 20:28

DaveB wrote:Cheating a bit, but just spotted Adam (ashm) as he dropped something round to me... :smt023

... He just left with the roof down. Good lad. It's 3 degrees out there.


:lol: :lol:
These kind of sightings could mean this thread becomes a lot more active!
User avatar
Kier
Fanatic
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed 13.07.2005, 20:48
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Spotted

Postby Dave Eds » Wed 20.10.2010, 20:44

Calypso yesterday in car park Hoddesdon, Herts. Roof down in the rain too. Must have been a real enthusiast. Or an optimist. Or off his Ed.






















Can anyone cheat at this game? :lol:
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Re: Spotted

Postby Specky » Wed 20.10.2010, 20:48

I saw a White one today in Swindon as I drove down the high street, upon reflection I could be mistaken.... :lol:

TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
User avatar
Specky
Moderator
 
Posts: 5982
Joined: Sun 07.09.2003, 23:19
Location: Swindon

Re: Spotted

Postby ashm » Thu 21.10.2010, 00:02

I drove to work in a drizzle a few weeks ago and discovered I didn't get wet at 40mph or faster. Everyone definitely thought I was nuts though, and the traffic in Ascot was a bit of an annoyance...
I had a nice run home tonight, but I think it's time I put a woolly hat and gloves back in the car - had chilly ears when I got home!
Ad 8)
User avatar
ashm
God
 
Posts: 869
Joined: Sat 14.02.2009, 11:32
Location: South Wales

Re: Spotted

Postby Dico » Fri 22.10.2010, 11:51

Not a nice spot-

White SE on the back of a transporter with heavy front end damage. Monday, heading north on the M6. Douglass Valley bound maybe?
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
User avatar
Dico
Fool Boy Four - Founder
 
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
Location: Moderator Manchester

Re: Spotted

Postby maz_r » Fri 22.10.2010, 15:06

This one??
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those that understand binary.....
User avatar
maz_r
Binary Bodger
 
Posts: 741
Joined: Sun 05.07.2009, 20:36
Location: Solihull, West Midlands

Re: Spotted

Postby Dico » Fri 22.10.2010, 15:36

Could well be. I only saw the offside. I was thinking to myself is it worth £400 plus. Then I realised that was just for the roof :lol:
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
User avatar
Dico
Fool Boy Four - Founder
 
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
Location: Moderator Manchester

Re: Spotted

Postby Rambo » Fri 22.10.2010, 18:25

Dico wrote:Could well be. I only saw the offside. I was thinking to myself is it worth £400 plus. Then I realised that was just for the roof :lol:


Looks like another E-Bay con merchant :? Wasn't Andy from Inverness caught recently buying a few bits and pieces but was basically bidding on a nut and bolt ?
User avatar
Rambo
Don't push me
 
Posts: 9144
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Both sides of the Tweed

Re: Spotted

Postby TomE » Thu 28.10.2010, 20:41

Spotted a burgundy SE on the outskirts of Dorking about 11 this morning, reg starting J580. Both my little girls pointed and said it was like my old car - their car education is working :)
User avatar
TomE
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed 16.02.2005, 01:53
Location: Surrey, UK

Re: Spotted

Postby keithlard » Sat 30.10.2010, 12:19

TomE wrote:Spotted a burgundy SE on the outskirts of Dorking about 11 this morning, reg starting J580. Both my little girls pointed and said it was like my old car - their car education is working :)


That's great! Do they miss the old car? I could bring it to visit you all sometime when I'm next in Dorking. It's in fine shape! (and hasn't been resprayed burgundy - ugh!)
1991 200Tdi Defender 90
1991 Lotus Elan SE
User avatar
keithlard
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu 18.06.2009, 16:05
Location: Cornwall

Re: Spotted

Postby Dave Eds » Sat 30.10.2010, 22:43

Steel Blue HI car park in Ipswich lunch time today.


:D :D
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Re: Spotted

Postby keithlard » Sat 06.11.2010, 17:48

BRG SE, index number JAS xxN, spotted making its way up Gracechurch St, EC3, in filthy rain last night, about 12.45am Saturday. Was this you, and if so, why didn't you give me a lift, as I was getting wet.
1991 200Tdi Defender 90
1991 Lotus Elan SE
User avatar
keithlard
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu 18.06.2009, 16:05
Location: Cornwall

Re: Spotted

Postby Steve A » Sat 06.11.2010, 18:11

:m100: a red one with the roof down traveling east on the A13 just past the 5 Bells juction about 3pm
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
User avatar
Steve A
God
 
Posts: 2662
Joined: Tue 18.09.2007, 12:44
Location: South East Essex

Re: Spotted

Postby DaveT » Sun 07.11.2010, 09:45

Dave Eds wrote:Steel Blue HI car park in Ipswich lunch time today.


:D :D


If it had a wobbly o/s front wheel it was mine!!!! :D

A rare outing for the old girl these days. The car as well!!!!
THE PIMPERNEL MOD

Don't get mad- get even!!
Good days are Elan days
User avatar
DaveT
Sadly departed but never forgotten
 
Posts: 2183
Joined: Fri 04.11.2005, 17:35
Location: Lincs

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests