SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of Month

Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby daveiow » Wed 07.09.2011, 06:04

What time do you usually meet?
daveiow :m100:
"live long and prosper"
Calypso Red 91se. Hispecs,PNM rear calipers,Samco's & BCN cables & SSK so far!(oh and a new hood and paint) sold
Evora n/a
Alfa Sud 1.5ti long gone!
User avatar
daveiow
Fanatic
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed 08.06.2011, 05:25
Location: Isle of Wight.UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Nickydee » Wed 07.09.2011, 10:07

Dave

I believe it is 7.30 - 8pm - I am not sure as I am usually late - 8.30pm -9pm. In any event its all very flexible with some people staying to 11pm others leaving earlier - Hopefully see you later.

Regards

Nick
Nickydee
Fanatic
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Tue 31.03.2009, 20:18
Location: Guildford Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby chris.t » Wed 07.09.2011, 16:14

I will be there but a bit later than usual
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Nige » Wed 07.09.2011, 17:52

I'll be there, recovering the stand from Jim.
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby tonny006 » Wed 07.09.2011, 18:13

I can't make it tonight,
Maybe next month.
User avatar
tonny006
Fanatic
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed 11.02.2009, 17:26
Location: Church Crookham Fleet

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby texas2201 » Wed 07.09.2011, 18:17

sorry just got back from Birmingham - nearly 3 hours on the road - bite to eat with a large glass of red is on the cards - so wont be there this time - maybe next month if I get back from Spa on time :-)
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio :-)
User avatar
texas2201
God
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
Location: Boos Eifel Germany

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby chris.t » Thu 08.09.2011, 08:25

Come on Jim, where's the 'Dating' Forum then???? :bananasex: :poke: :porn: :clap:
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Nige » Thu 08.09.2011, 13:55

Good turnout last night and a delight to see some new faces of new owners namely Daveiow and Mrs Dave good effort travelling to the mainland for the day for it and also Brian, anyone with a green NA is a good'un as far as I'm concerned :wink:. Hope to see you all again.

Stand and associated bits and pieces recovered from Jim with sincere thanks for holding the fort on this for the past 2 years.

Nice that Chris joined us at the expense of his "Stag do", we have no intention of being "more structured".

Planning date for the Christmas do of 11 Dec I recall and the possibility of a team push to the IoW next year.

See you next month.
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Nickydee » Thu 08.09.2011, 18:25

Thanks all for a really enjoyable evening - we may not had any structure but we had lots of laughs.

Chris I think this is what you after!

http://bloominglotusdating.com/index.php

Cheers

Nick
Nickydee
Fanatic
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Tue 31.03.2009, 20:18
Location: Guildford Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby muley » Thu 08.09.2011, 19:18

Yes,

Very good turnout. Shame it was dark and the cars weren't lined up for a pic.

We thought it was fantastic that Dave and Vanessa came over from the IOW - brilliant! (Hope you caught your ferry back)

Dave*
Vanessa
Brian*
Self*
Graham (guest from NZ - no Elan..)
Nick D*
Nige*
Chris (in a car suited for the more mature driver)
Deirdre
Mark V*

No kitty left.

Xmas Lunch booked for 11.12.11 - when I'm less busy I'll start a proper thread.

As last year if we get our £10 deposits in by end Oct we get a whopping 20% discount. Prices are £20 for 2 course of £25 for 3.


Safe journeys



JIm
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby daveiow » Thu 08.09.2011, 22:31

Just a line thanking everyone for making us so welcome last night.So great to drive the car on some decent roads for a change! :) Pity we couldnt have had the roof down a bit more - perhaps next time! Cant make oct or nov but definately up for the Xmas dinner. :lol:
Yes we did make the ferry ok-just-second to last car on with 5 mins to spare!
daveiow :m100: (and ness)
"live long and prosper"
Calypso Red 91se. Hispecs,PNM rear calipers,Samco's & BCN cables & SSK so far!(oh and a new hood and paint) sold
Evora n/a
Alfa Sud 1.5ti long gone!
User avatar
daveiow
Fanatic
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed 08.06.2011, 05:25
Location: Isle of Wight.UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby muley » Mon 12.09.2011, 00:00

..on the negative side - whilst I was in the pub some miscreant stole my Lotus valve caps.

Hope the f***ker gets run over. Not very christian but I'm peed off



Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Nige » Mon 12.09.2011, 07:34

Didn't that happen to someone else a month or 2 ago?
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby muley » Mon 12.09.2011, 09:34

Nige wrote:Didn't that happen to someone else a month or 2 ago?


It was some while back but IIRC Dave Speck lost his there as well.

Daft really, they're ludicrously cheap and if the bloke bothered to beg I'd probably give him a fiver to go forth and multiply.


Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby chris.t » Mon 12.09.2011, 12:59

pikey scum
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby DaveB » Mon 12.09.2011, 13:04

muley wrote:
Nige wrote:Didn't that happen to someone else a month or 2 ago?


It was some while back but IIRC Dave Speck lost his there as well.



Different Dave... unless Specky got done also !!! :evil:
Time taken to post a picture on this forum - down to 35 minutes...
User avatar
DaveB
Fanatic
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon 23.02.2009, 20:13
Location: Godalming, Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Nickydee » Mon 12.09.2011, 18:43

chris.t wrote:pikey scum


Chris

Might of been the Stag owners club extracting revenge as you choose us over them! All four missing so quite structured!
Nickydee
Fanatic
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Tue 31.03.2009, 20:18
Location: Guildford Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby rjbean » Sun 18.09.2011, 10:18

sorry I missed this, I was picking up a sofa. I did drive through the hindhead tunnel though! would have sounded nice in the elan... shame I was in a diesel multipla towing a trailersorry I missed this, I was picking up a sofa. I did drive through the hindhead tunnel though! would have sounded nice in the elan... shame I was in a diesel multipla towing a trailer
User avatar
rjbean
Fanatic
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun 18.04.2004, 08:41
Location: West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby muley » Tue 04.10.2011, 08:13

Hi, the meeting is still on tomorrow - but I won't be coming (looking after overseas visitors)

Don't forget there's an Xmas Lunch post out there - I'll sort that out next week.

Safe journeys



Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby chris.t » Tue 04.10.2011, 10:15

Sorry to say that I won't be there either - I will be going to a far more structured meeting. Have a good one guys!
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

PreviousNext

Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests