SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of Month

Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby muley » Thu 05.01.2012, 09:51

Despite the wild and stormy night Chris, myself, Rob and Michelle turned up..

I had a flat tyre and my compressor packed up so had to change to the spare (luckily it wasn't raining too much)

See you next time

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby chris.t » Thu 05.01.2012, 10:42

I knew I should have stayed with you, just for moral support if nothing else :bonk:
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby muley » Thu 05.01.2012, 19:40

Honestly I was fine on my own.. .. you might have learnt a few new swearwords.

I was on my way in a matter of minutes - would have been quicker but my S2 jack is a POS - replacement ordered from ebay today (plus a new compressor!)

Rgds

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby rjbean » Thu 05.01.2012, 21:38

Sorry to hear you you had troubles, Jim. Although it was just the 4 of us, it was still a nice night.
User avatar
rjbean
Fanatic
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun 18.04.2004, 08:41
Location: West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby markv » Mon 09.01.2012, 23:52

Sorry I couldn't make it - still recovering from Christmas in hospital!! :asleep: Will tell you all the gory details next month...
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby muley » Tue 10.01.2012, 18:41

Good grief! Hope you can make it next time (wasn't a prob created by the Xmas Lunch, I hope ;) )


Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby markv » Mon 23.01.2012, 01:01

Probably just an adverse drug reaction.... but I now have a colonoscopy booked in February just to check :( - after the H&C meet :D , but no beer for now :(
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby chris.t » Mon 30.01.2012, 22:49

I got them to do a video of my colonoscopy Mark - post it up as a tunnel run with some nice V8 noises to accompany it.

OK so who's going on wednesday, I will be there after my spinning for about 8pm

ta ta
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Nickydee » Tue 31.01.2012, 14:55

Not going to make it tonight - Got a 5.30 start in the morning.

Probably more pertinent is that my Elans has HGF, the second time within two years and 5,000 miles - so I at moment I hate the f**king car and don't fancy talking about it !!!!!!!

Hopefully will make it next month and be much happier about all things elan!

Nick
Nickydee
Fanatic
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Tue 31.03.2009, 20:18
Location: Guildford Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby muley » Tue 31.01.2012, 15:51

Nick

Sorry to hear about that.

Everyone else

..I'm planning to be there


Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby rjbean » Tue 31.01.2012, 20:35

i'm afraid we won't be there tomorrow this month
User avatar
rjbean
Fanatic
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun 18.04.2004, 08:41
Location: West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby texas2201 » Tue 31.01.2012, 22:00

I am hoping to be there but not in the Elan - waiting for it's new battery
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio :-)
User avatar
texas2201
God
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
Location: Boos Eifel Germany

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby muley » Thu 02.02.2012, 11:59

Small turn out

Martin* (popped a new battery in and came in the Elan)
Chris* (in his Elan)
Me (in the puddle jumper) 'cos the immobiliser in the Elan played up.

Till next time


Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby daveiow » Tue 06.03.2012, 10:02

:agree: Is anyone going to the H&C tomorrow night? I had thought I might if the weather was not to bad but it's a bit of a trek for me :!: so if not definitely April :D

daveiow :m100:
"live long and prosper"
Calypso Red 91se. Hispecs,PNM rear calipers,Samco's & BCN cables & SSK so far!(oh and a new hood and paint) sold
Evora n/a
Alfa Sud 1.5ti long gone!
User avatar
daveiow
Fanatic
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed 08.06.2011, 05:25
Location: Isle of Wight.UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby texas2201 » Tue 06.03.2012, 11:06

I will be there - Chris will be there - I think Muley will be there
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio :-)
User avatar
texas2201
God
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
Location: Boos Eifel Germany

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby muley » Tue 06.03.2012, 22:59

daveiow wrote::agree: Is anyone going to the H&C tomorrow night? I had thought I might if the weather was not to bad but it's a bit of a trek for me :!: so if not definitely April :D

daveiow :m100:


As Martin has suggested, I'll be there. It looks as though it will rain tomorrow but be clear by the evening (according to Beeb's weather forecast)

Keep in touch

Rgds

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby muley » Mon 02.04.2012, 19:17

Anyone going this week for April 4th meeting?

Looks like Jen will come as well!

Bye for now



Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby texas2201 » Mon 02.04.2012, 20:10

I will probably be there - I am in the Camberley office so will come directly from there

after the track day at Rockingham one of my front tyres developed a bulge in the sidewall so I have two new tyres on the front - tell you the whole story on Wed

Martin
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio :-)
User avatar
texas2201
God
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
Location: Boos Eifel Germany

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby chris.t » Mon 02.04.2012, 22:47

bulging tyres on track - not good, faulty tyre or faulty setup??

3 car meets on 3 consecutive night hey ho, cos i'm worth it.
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Nickydee » Tue 03.04.2012, 10:31

I plan to come along and my car is finally back on the road. I'm also hoping my mate Karsten from Guildford who now has a very tidy Pac Blue SE will also be making an appearance.
Nickydee
Fanatic
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Tue 31.03.2009, 20:18
Location: Guildford Surrey

PreviousNext

Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests