SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of Month

Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby chris.t » Tue 03.04.2012, 19:30

Jim, I'm going to come along so make sure Jen does. Look forward to seeing you both.

Hope I'm doing this right!

De
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby muley » Tue 03.04.2012, 22:11

De

Yes, that's still the plan - it'll be good to catch up!


Rgds

Jim(and Jen)
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby markv » Wed 11.04.2012, 23:01

Sorry, couldn't get there as in Cornwall. Hopefully I'll get there in May to give you all the gory details on my Christmas stay in hospital!
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby muley » Thu 12.04.2012, 17:47

markv wrote:Sorry, couldn't get there as in Cornwall. Hopefully I'll get there in May to give you all the gory details on my Christmas stay in hospital!


Well, it will be good to see you again.

I forgot to update this thread with our attendees from March;

Michelle
Rob
Martin
self
Chris
Deirdre(?)
Dave - all the way from the IOW!!)

and April

self
Jen
Chris
Deirdre
Brian (NA)
Karsten
Martin
Nickydee

..I think that's right - feel free to grumble if it isn't !

Safe Journeys


Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby chris.t » Wed 02.05.2012, 07:48

I'll be there for about 8, you have been warned :lol:
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Nickydee » Wed 02.05.2012, 09:53

Unfortunately cant make tonight - have a work commitment. Hopefully see you all in June.
Nickydee
Fanatic
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Tue 31.03.2009, 20:18
Location: Guildford Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Nickydee » Wed 02.05.2012, 09:54

Unfortunately can't make tonight - have a work commitment. Hopefully see you all in June.
Nickydee
Fanatic
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Tue 31.03.2009, 20:18
Location: Guildford Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby muley » Wed 02.05.2012, 13:34

I won't be along tonight (Picked up a dose of gastro enteritis over the weekend)

Shame 'cos I wanted t show off my S2000 seats

Cheers

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby texas2201 » Wed 02.05.2012, 16:16

hope you get better soon Jim. I will be there so see you at 8ight Chris and anyone else who comes along :-)
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio :-)
User avatar
texas2201
God
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
Location: Boos Eifel Germany

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby rjbean » Wed 02.05.2012, 16:41

we'll be there too at some point
User avatar
rjbean
Fanatic
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun 18.04.2004, 08:41
Location: West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby chris.t » Wed 02.05.2012, 17:10

I think there's a new member coming along, he's writing a book about the elan which sounds interesting.
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby chris.t » Thu 03.05.2012, 07:37

A small but select representation of LEC last night.

Chris & Deirdre
Rob & Michelle
Martin (only one in an Elan)
Conversations ranged from politics, religion and the meaning of life.
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Mattelan » Thu 03.05.2012, 11:14

Hi All I meant to get down to the Hen and Chicken last night to meet with you guys but family commitments got in the way - apologies for tmissing it but I'll be down next month definately.
I do want to chat with a couple of owners to get some owning and driving impressions for my forthcoming book so please let me know if you want me to contact you - not sure how to do that on this board...
Also I have a photo shoot arranged for the second week in Septempber (one day either Wed 12, thur 13th or Fri 14th Sept) at Beaulieu, pro photographer, and I need an M100 there as well as the more common Elans - any volenteers? Lucky participant gets copies of the shots of their car, and I'll throw in a signed copy of the book when it comes out (mind you that may be a disincentive...) - again let me know through the board.
Also I have started a Lotus themed meet on the last Sunday lunchtime of the month at the Four Horseshoes, Long Sutton, near Odiham to anyone who wants to turn up.
Matt
Mattelan
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat 28.04.2012, 10:56

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby texas2201 » Thu 03.05.2012, 18:00

Hi Matt

was looking forward to meeting you - happy to meet up - just PM your contact details - also happy to do a photo shoot

see my blog for details of my elan

Martin
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio :-)
User avatar
texas2201
God
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
Location: Boos Eifel Germany

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Mattelan » Tue 08.05.2012, 20:06

I am trying to arrange a small informal Lotus themed lunchtime meet on the last Sunday of the month.

After last months meet (three parties plus me, just one Lotus) in terrible weather, I'm undaunted so the next one will be on the last Sunday in May (the day after the Castle Combe Club Lotus meet).
Date: Sunday 27th May
Time: 12:30 onwards
Venue: Four Horseshoes, Long Sutton, Nr Odiham, Hants RG29 1TA (http://www.fourhorseshoes.com/)
Objective: Noggin and natter!

If anyone wants food, please contact the pub direct, they do a good selection of Sunday roasts and Tony the landlord also does some brilliant home made pies..... On Sunday you have to book a table as they are usually busy.
Hope to see some M100s there, and to meet up with you guys are the next Hen and Chicken meet!
Mattelan
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat 28.04.2012, 10:56

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby Mattelan » Tue 08.05.2012, 20:06

I am trying to arrange a small informal Lotus themed lunchtime meet on the last Sunday of the month.

After last months meet (three parties plus me, just one Lotus) in terrible weather, I'm undaunted so the next one will be on the last Sunday in May (the day after the Castle Combe Club Lotus meet).
Date: Sunday 27th May
Time: 12:30 onwards
Venue: Four Horseshoes, Long Sutton, Nr Odiham, Hants RG29 1TA (http://www.fourhorseshoes.com/)
Objective: Noggin and natter!

If anyone wants food, please contact the pub direct, they do a good selection of Sunday roasts and Tony the landlord also does some brilliant home made pies..... On Sunday you have to book a table as they are usually busy.
Hope to see some M100s there, and to meet up with you guys at the next Hen and Chicken meet!
Mattelan
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat 28.04.2012, 10:56

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby daveiow » Tue 29.05.2012, 09:45

I know this is a bit previous but are the regulars going to the H&C on 6th :?:
I intend to come but as stated in another thread I need to book a ferry early to get a good fare.

daveiow :m100:
"live long and prosper"
Calypso Red 91se. Hispecs,PNM rear calipers,Samco's & BCN cables & SSK so far!(oh and a new hood and paint) sold
Evora n/a
Alfa Sud 1.5ti long gone!
User avatar
daveiow
Fanatic
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed 08.06.2011, 05:25
Location: Isle of Wight.UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby chris.t » Tue 29.05.2012, 09:51

I plan to be there Dave. Take it the ferry fares were restrictive for the Castle Combe meet?
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby texas2201 » Tue 29.05.2012, 10:17

I might be there - it all depends on my situation and how it all pans out
"brakes are no good - they just slow you down" Fangio :-)
User avatar
texas2201
God
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri 30.06.2006, 17:24
Location: Boos Eifel Germany

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & chicken, Alton. 1st Wednesday of M

Postby chris.t » Tue 29.05.2012, 10:29

texas2201 wrote:I might be there - it all depends on my situation and how it all pans out

so is it good if you can make it or bad?
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

PreviousNext

Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests