Where to stay around Donington???

An area set aside for the planning of track days, discussions on circuits and to share your good and bad experiences of life in the fast lane.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Where to stay around Donington???

Postby chris.t » Tue 15.05.2012, 09:55

I've got a track day in June. At the Lotus show I either stayed at the Holiday inn express or Travelodge. Is there anywhere else that you can recommend? Looking to cut costs.

Cheers Chris
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: Where to stay around Donington???

Postby Rambo » Tue 15.05.2012, 10:53

You can't get any cheaper than a Travelodge Chris - unless you want to camp in the rain :lol: :lol:

If you prefer something a bit more salubrious with an excellent cooked breakfast and a pub opposite then I'd recommend the place opposite the Navigation Inn in Shardlow.

I've used it a couple of times in the past. Can't remember the name though :oops:
User avatar
Rambo
Don't push me
 
Posts: 9144
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Both sides of the Tweed

Re: Where to stay around Donington???

Postby muley » Tue 15.05.2012, 11:08

It's this one.

http://www.holden-house.com/

New website!
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: Where to stay around Donington???

Postby Rambo » Wed 16.05.2012, 20:45

That's the one Jim. I think we stayed there a couple of years back ?? I shared a room with JohnW once upon a time as well - he snored like buggery !!
User avatar
Rambo
Don't push me
 
Posts: 9144
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Both sides of the Tweed

Re: Where to stay around Donington???

Postby chris.t » Wed 16.05.2012, 22:58

I've had my hand forced, I'm going with a load of VX guys and they're all staying at the Premier Inn. Turns out to be more expensive than the HIE by a few quid but safety in numbers and all that. That B&B looks fantastic btw, how close to the river is it?
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: Where to stay around Donington???

Postby muley » Thu 17.05.2012, 07:22

..about 3 feet!

It's literally on the bank of the river / canal.

Charming landlady, too :)

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach


Return to Circuits & Track Days

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests