Post and Discuss SoCal-related events here.
Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
by tigerdog » Thu 21.06.2012, 15:45
A charity fundraiser for Meals On Wheels in the mountains east of San Diego/Orange County. From the web site:
"English Motors at Fairbrook is a unique gathering of fine English motor cars and motor bikes including a judged show and a tour at Fairbrook Farm, a beautiful twenty-five acre horse ranch in Fallbrook, California. The expansive show field has room for 250 cars and up to 20 food and automotive-related booths. There are 25 classes plus awards for Best of Show, Reserve Best of Show, and Most Elegant Automobile. The tour takes place the day before the show and includes stops at some of the most prestigious collections in Southern California. The last stop is Harrah’s Rincon Casino in Valley Center. Harrah’s is hosting the tour group for dinner and has a special room rate for those who would like to spend the night. This is a unique chance to relax with fellow English motor car enthusiasts. All proceeds from the English Motors at Fairbrook show and tour will be donated to Meals-On-Wheels Greater San Diego."
http://www.englishmotorsatfairbrook.org/
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
-

tigerdog
- God
-
- Posts: 2715
- Joined: Tue 20.03.2007, 09:07
- Location: San Diego, CA, USA
by KO6SY » Mon 27.08.2012, 19:42
DOug, I am going to try to get to this. I have sent my registration in for the second day.
-
KO6SY
- Newbie
-
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Sat 05.09.2009, 22:23
- Location: Yucaipa Southern California
by tigerdog » Tue 28.08.2012, 00:19
Unfortunately, I cannot commit. Starting the beginning of this month and continuing through September, I will be away from home more than home. I will have been gone a week and get home that Saturday, with more travel to follow. So not only have I had zero time to clean and polish (or even drive) Smaug, I expect I would find the locks changed if I went to Fallbrook on my 1st day back in town. Maybe GoM100Go/James will be able to attend? Right now, I'm hoping for SD British Car Day on 7 October.
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
-

tigerdog
- God
-
- Posts: 2715
- Joined: Tue 20.03.2007, 09:07
- Location: San Diego, CA, USA
by GoM100Go » Fri 05.10.2012, 22:07
TigerDog,
Are you still doing the SD British car show? Anyone else attending from LEC I have registered. Just want n ow if there will be another Élan attending. Although I have a sick one at home... I plan to attend. May have to sit it out if there is no improvement on the sickly...
-James
James
2009 Range Rover Sport HSE (Storono grey)
1991 Lotus Élan (Calypso Red)
-

GoM100Go
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 256
- Joined: Sat 12.11.2011, 08:27
- Location: San Diego, California USA
by tigerdog » Sun 28.10.2012, 19:48
GoM100Go wrote:TigerDog,
Are you still doing the SD British car show? Anyone else attending from LEC I have registered. Just want n ow if there will be another Élan attending. Although I have a sick one at home... I plan to attend. May have to sit it out if there is no improvement on the sickly...
-James
As you surmised, the answer is no. I've had a horrid travel schedule for work and every spare moment at home has been spent "at home." This is the first time since owning the Elan that I've missed every annual British Car event. I hope you had a great show!
"Refitting is the reverse sequence to removal, but you swear in different places."
-

tigerdog
- God
-
- Posts: 2715
- Joined: Tue 20.03.2007, 09:07
- Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Return to Events - SoCal
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests