So while I've been prepping my van for respray I've done a bit of playing around with colours in the evenings.
I wanted a cream interior as its luxurious and interesting. But done wrong, it can look wan and washed out.
When I found this picture of Lotus seats like mine with red piping, I knew it was going to be wrong. This is
exactly what I pictured, but it doesn’t look right. With my wife’s keen eye to help, I set to work it out properly.

- Example of the cream leather with red piping I'd originally envisaged.
So I browsed some other interiors, trying to find colorschemes that would work with the black dash, and kept coming back to the interior of the 2010 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano.
It suits grey (which some of the dash will have faded to), black (like the dash is meant to be), but does it go with red? It must do, its a Ferrari.....time to find an Elan interior pic to play with.
While looking I found all the usual red & black ones, confirming too much red and black is a bit Eddie Murphy for me.
So I ended up hacking together some pics, one is Zaria's, one I don't know, and got to my final colour scheme.
Caramel colour seats, escutcheons, card inserts, steering wheel, and champagne or slightly darker carpet. Keep the black centre console, and black gaiters; perhaps recover and pad the console. Black metal monkey dials with aqua lighting.

- The seat is the closest to the colour I want. I'll get leather samples sent to check it out properly.

- Wheel is too wooden looking, it will be the same caramel/tan colour