Post and Discuss UK-related one-off events here.
Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
by Dico » Mon 06.08.2012, 19:06
TOSSPOT
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
-

Dico
- Fool Boy Four - Founder
-
- Posts: 3569
- Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
- Location: Moderator Manchester
by rip » Mon 06.08.2012, 23:32
Dico wrote:TOSSPOT
Are you going to treat Beastie to some road tax in time for the wedding? The poor thing has been off the road for over a year now.
1990 SE
-

rip
- God
-
- Posts: 5905
- Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
- Location: Milton Keynes, UK
by theelanman » Tue 07.08.2012, 07:37
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
-

theelanman
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 7296
- Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
- Location: peak district
-
by rip » Tue 07.08.2012, 08:47
1990 SE
-

rip
- God
-
- Posts: 5905
- Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
- Location: Milton Keynes, UK
by dapinky » Tue 07.08.2012, 13:34
William Hill reckon that if I put all my pension on it, along with re-mortgaging the house, I could stand to win £5.52.........
Dave
Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it
...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
-

dapinky
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 10613
- Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
- Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).
by rip » Tue 07.08.2012, 14:25
dapinky wrote:William Hill reckon that if I put all my pension on it, along with re-mortgaging the house, I could stand to win £5.52.........
I'm not a betting man but that sounds about right to me

1990 SE
-

rip
- God
-
- Posts: 5905
- Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
- Location: Milton Keynes, UK
by theelanman » Tue 07.08.2012, 14:30
dapinky wrote:William Hill reckon that if I put all my pension on it, along with re-mortgaging the house, I could stand to win £5.52.........
blimey your pension must be huge and the house a mansion to get a return like that.......
they reckoned that for the £793k I could muster itd earn me just over a quid......
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
-

theelanman
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 7296
- Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
- Location: peak district
-
by ShaunM » Thu 09.08.2012, 15:52
Just over a week to go......nervous????
Do we have a rough time for the curry on Friday? It's about 4 hours drive for us, so might have to get the +1 to leave work early....
-

ShaunM
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 530
- Joined: Sat 02.09.2006, 17:32
- Location: Norwich, UK (9.6 miles from Hethel)
by dapinky » Thu 09.08.2012, 16:09
It's about the same time for us (maybe a tad less), but as Mrs P is having her hair done on the Friday morning, we ain't going to be leaving here til early afternoon at best. Expecting to get to the TL at about 5ish with a coffee break on the way up.
Dave
Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it
...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
-

dapinky
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 10613
- Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
- Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).
by nicowalker1 » Thu 09.08.2012, 16:39
curry at 8? Shaun, yes I am getting bloody nervous!

-

nicowalker1
- God
-
- Posts: 1017
- Joined: Sat 18.04.2009, 13:44
- Location: Sowerby Bridge
by rip » Fri 10.08.2012, 10:56
nicowalker1 wrote:yes I am getting bloody nervous!

Don't be silly. You know you're right for each other.
1990 SE
-

rip
- God
-
- Posts: 5905
- Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
- Location: Milton Keynes, UK
by nicowalker1 » Fri 10.08.2012, 11:00
rip wrote:nicowalker1 wrote:yes I am getting bloody nervous!

Don't be silly. You know you're right for each other.
I'm not scared of the Kim bit! Not even started a speach yet
-

nicowalker1
- God
-
- Posts: 1017
- Joined: Sat 18.04.2009, 13:44
- Location: Sowerby Bridge
by theelanman » Mon 13.08.2012, 15:34
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
-

theelanman
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 7296
- Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
- Location: peak district
-
by dapinky » Mon 13.08.2012, 15:50
Always have my spanners - but depending on how oily it might end up, I can't see Mrs P being too happy if I get me best jeans and/or swim shorts dirty (that is the standard of dress I assume?)
Dave
Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it
...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
-

dapinky
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 10613
- Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
- Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).
by theelanman » Mon 13.08.2012, 15:54
dapinky wrote:Always have my spanners - but depending on how oily it might end up, I can't see Mrs P being too happy if I get me best jeans and/or swim shorts dirty (that is the standard of dress I assume?)
no oil.......coil paks n leads only.....
maybe air system.....
coz I'll be in my suit.....

I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
-

theelanman
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 7296
- Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
- Location: peak district
-
by rip » Tue 14.08.2012, 12:58
I have 1 spare coil which I will bring along.
1990 SE
-

rip
- God
-
- Posts: 5905
- Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
- Location: Milton Keynes, UK
by theelanman » Tue 14.08.2012, 13:26
rip wrote:I have 1 spare coil which I will bring along.
Iain
thats very kind of you indeed.......I do actually have a brand new pair but it may still help and it wont take up much room...
thanks
G
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
-

theelanman
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 7296
- Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
- Location: peak district
-
by dapinky » Tue 14.08.2012, 13:44
theelanman wrote:rip wrote:I have 1 spare coil which I will bring along.
Iain
thats very kind of you indeed.......I do actually have a brand new pair but it may still help and it wont take up much room...
thanks
G
And i carry a set of leads in the car anyway

Dave
Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it
...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
-

dapinky
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 10613
- Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
- Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).
by theelanman » Tue 14.08.2012, 14:17
dapinky wrote:theelanman wrote:rip wrote:I have 1 spare coil which I will bring along.
Iain
thats very kind of you indeed.......I do actually have a brand new pair but it may still help and it wont take up much room...
thanks
G
And i carry a set of leads in the car anyway

Pinkster
that too is very kind of you.......and they too will be very helpful...stickem in anyway.....
new ones are on.....spare set of new ones on the shelf and old one still in the boot.....

.......yer all stars
ta
G
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
-

theelanman
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 7296
- Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
- Location: peak district
-
by theelanman » Tue 14.08.2012, 14:54
Ok sorry about the temporary hijacking of the wedding thread.......
Nick.....hows the speech going......
word of advise tho' dont do the mother-in-law gags.....trust me they dont go down well.....lol
infamous excerpts
"Grow old along with me, The best is yet to be." – Robert Burns
"I’d like to thank you for your presence and thank you for your presents" – Steve Harris’s wedding speech in its entirety.

I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
-

theelanman
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 7296
- Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
- Location: peak district
-
Return to Events - U.K.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest