Post here if your topic fits no other thread in this category.
Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
by rip » Sun 20.07.2014, 20:37
G reg Calypso heading south on the very poorly resurcfaced Leighton Buzzard bypasss at 8.40 this morning.
I was heading north on my bike.
I hope you didn't get too many stonechips.

1990 SE
-

rip
- God
-
- Posts: 5905
- Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
- Location: Milton Keynes, UK
by Gordon » Sat 26.07.2014, 19:10
Calypso Red --DPR at the local classic car display - Saint Martin's, Barton, Torquay...
I hung around to say hi, but no one seemed to know who's car it was!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1990 M100, Calypso Red
1981 S3 NA Esprit, Calypso Red
2005 Vectra C....
-

Gordon
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 474
- Joined: Sun 09.07.2006, 18:31
- Location: Torquay, Devon, UK
-
by novacaine » Thu 31.07.2014, 18:06
Much to my surprise on my way to Nandos just around the corner from my house, another steel blue elan! H reg SE I think. So was it that gave me a wave?
1994 Lotus Elan S2 #170 (Steel Blue)
-

novacaine
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 428
- Joined: Tue 07.06.2011, 18:16
- Location: Birchington, Kent, United Kingdom
by paza1 » Mon 04.08.2014, 21:05
G reg, SE, White, hood up, A494 between Wrexham and Chester 17:45 ish, you were in outside lane. Turned right onto A55 eastbound. Didn't see driver.
Cheers,
Mark
Silver 1992 SE Turbo.
-
paza1
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 687
- Joined: Thu 09.06.2005, 22:46
- Location: Chester
by Artaban » Thu 07.08.2014, 14:55
Very nice yellow Elan at Costco nr Ellesmere Port reg J45 *** today at about 2pm. The wife thought the wheels were very dirty but on closer inspection they were a gunmetal grey (and clean). She has the ability to offend in the nicest possible way. Nice new Gold Hispecs and very well retrimmed seats. Overall excellent condition. Anyone local to Chester?
Also spotted a red one parked on the drive of a house near Lower Heswall on the Wirral last week. Didn't have the courage to wander down the drive and start peering in.
Seems like there are more of us near Chester than I thought.
Andy
My wife's just divorced me because I wouldn't open the car door for her!
To be fair I panicked and swam straight for the surface.
-

Artaban
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 489
- Joined: Tue 09.02.2010, 07:24
- Location: Tiverton, Devon UK
by tomac1975 » Sat 23.08.2014, 14:54
Nice red one in beaconsfield by the Saracens head last night.
-
tomac1975
- Enthusiast
-
- Posts: 243
- Joined: Sun 03.01.2010, 16:52
- Location: South Bucks Iver
by Dave Eds » Sat 23.08.2014, 16:31
Red on an A plate in a service centre in Mead Lane, Hertford. Very nice car.
Had a chat with the owner whilst the Evor being MOT'd
Must get some tax on Custard soon

-

Dave Eds
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 5136
- Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
- Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else
by Rob P » Sun 31.08.2014, 22:01
NMY on a K plate driving past Fairhaven lake on Saturday, lovely looking motor

simplify and add lightness
1991 Norfolk Mustard Yellow SE - Gone but will never be forgotten

1969 Lotus Elan S4 - Wedgewood Blue
1997 Lotus Elise S1 - Metallic Racing Green
-

Rob P
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 717
- Joined: Wed 20.02.2013, 17:35
- Location: Preston, Lancs
by Rice crispy » Sun 31.08.2014, 22:18
BRG at the ford dunton show today. Didn't get to see the owner and when I went back he had left.
-

Rice crispy
- God
-
- Posts: 1871
- Joined: Tue 16.06.2009, 11:48
- Location: brentwood essex
by DABgp » Mon 01.09.2014, 10:26
Rob P wrote:NMY on a K plate driving past Fairhaven lake on Saturday, lovely looking motor

Yet another NMY in the Preston area then? Bet you thought it was me Rob?
-

DABgp
- Sadly departed but never forgotten
-
- Posts: 120
- Joined: Mon 12.08.2013, 11:23
- Location: North West England
by Rob P » Mon 01.09.2014, 18:53
DABgp wrote:Rob P wrote:NMY on a K plate driving past Fairhaven lake on Saturday, lovely looking motor

Yet another NMY in the Preston area then? Bet you thought it was me Rob?
Yep I did have to do a second take, I wasn't in the Lotus as I had the family on tow so didn't even get to wave

simplify and add lightness
1991 Norfolk Mustard Yellow SE - Gone but will never be forgotten

1969 Lotus Elan S4 - Wedgewood Blue
1997 Lotus Elise S1 - Metallic Racing Green
-

Rob P
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 717
- Joined: Wed 20.02.2013, 17:35
- Location: Preston, Lancs
by abmunro » Wed 03.09.2014, 15:05
Not often I get to add to this thread
Medina Green S2 @ Stella Gill Industrial estate, Chester le street.
Thinking it could be Mike Y
Tony
91 Elan SE 24k miles, 270 BHP @ 1.25 barg. Roll hoops + fairings+ speed humps Elise lights. S2 alloys. Nitrons& Eibachs,AP's front & Hi Spec rear brakes
-

abmunro
- God
-
- Posts: 1726
- Joined: Wed 18.04.2007, 22:46
- Location: Chester-Le-Street, Co Durham.
by Dico » Fri 05.09.2014, 15:50
Calypso westbound towards Cockermouth, yesterday afternoon. Top down! I flashed and waved at you, from my truck...
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
-

Dico
- Fool Boy Four - Founder
-
- Posts: 3569
- Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
- Location: Moderator Manchester
by rip » Sat 06.09.2014, 17:05
Medina heading north on the A509 towards Wellingborough at about 4pm today.
I was the southbound cyclist waving at you.
1990 SE
-

rip
- God
-
- Posts: 5905
- Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
- Location: Milton Keynes, UK
by Jamie N » Sun 07.09.2014, 20:07
White SE with the hood down, on the M9 spur heading towards the Forth Bridge today, H...EBV, looked like Mr and Mrs out enjoying the September sun.

-

Jamie N
- Seal God
-
- Posts: 1254
- Joined: Wed 21.12.2005, 18:49
- Location: Sunny Fife.
by tb10 » Mon 08.09.2014, 20:26
On the M40 this morning south bound near High Wycombe at 9.00am:
Silver J reg "J *** LLL" anyone on here?
Regards
John
-
tb10
- God
-
- Posts: 845
- Joined: Tue 18.05.2010, 23:16
- Location: Bromsgrove - Worcestershire
by Kathryn » Thu 18.09.2014, 18:32
Walking back to work after lunch at 2pm I came round the corner, looked to cross the road and right in front of me was a Calypso red SE, K29 RHD, waiting to turn right off the A361 by The Plough in Highworth. Female driver and male passenger. I wanted to call out "I've got an Elan!", but they wouldn't have heard me with the windows and ROOF UP (it was rather warm and sunny -ish!).
Palacio S2 #540
-

Kathryn
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 629
- Joined: Sun 23.03.2014, 00:42
- Location: Royal Leamington Spa, UK
by RayD » Fri 19.09.2014, 20:51
A Medina green one near York at 1700ish ... I nearly pipped, momentarily thinking I was in mine
Ray
-

RayD
- Forum Member
-
- Posts: 2142
- Joined: Mon 20.03.2006, 19:45
- Location: South Yorkshire
by maz_r » Fri 19.09.2014, 21:27
Pac blue A***CBT(?) on Blossom Road heading into York this morning. Was York the centre of Elan life today??
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those that understand binary.....
-

maz_r
- Binary Bodger
-
- Posts: 741
- Joined: Sun 05.07.2009, 20:36
- Location: Solihull, West Midlands
by Kathryn » Tue 23.09.2014, 20:43
Had my Elan 5 months and seen no others, now two within a week! Silver J...CJD, between Burford and Stow, around 4ish. I was too excited to notice if the driver waved back!!

(I think I recognise the plate, maybe I've seen a photo on here?)
Palacio S2 #540
-

Kathryn
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 629
- Joined: Sun 23.03.2014, 00:42
- Location: Royal Leamington Spa, UK
Return to General
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests