Post here if your topic fits no other thread in this category.
Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
by Enright » Wed 24.09.2014, 08:36
Kathryn wrote:Had my Elan 5 months and seen no others, now two within a week! Silver J...CJD, between Burford and Stow, around 4ish. I was too excited to notice if the driver waved back!!

(I think I recognise the plate, maybe I've seen a photo on here?)
Ah yes, there are quite a few
CJD's out there (or mad cows as I call them)!
I think DaveT had one.
Which reminds me - what's the difference between
CJD &
PMT?
Nothing.

Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...!
BCingU,
Neil

-

Enright
- Modificator
-
- Posts: 4860
- Joined: Sun 19.12.2004, 19:21
- Location: Arnold, Nottingham, England
by DaveT » Wed 24.09.2014, 09:38
Dave T did have one- it was the one that was written off by the Tw*t overtaking on a right hand bend
THE PIMPERNEL MOD
Don't get mad- get even!!
Good days are Elan days
-

DaveT
- Sadly departed but never forgotten
-
- Posts: 2183
- Joined: Fri 04.11.2005, 17:35
- Location: Lincs
by dapinky » Wed 24.09.2014, 10:28
DaveT wrote:Dave T did have one- it was the one that was written off by the Tw*t overtaking on a right hand bend
But parts of it live on - I had a few bits which went on my red car (since written off as well!), but they have now gone to a 4th owner.....
....I just hope it isn't a jinx on the parts, otherwise more elans could be heading for the scrap yard

Dave
Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it
...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
-

dapinky
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 10613
- Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
- Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).
by DABgp » Thu 25.09.2014, 17:24
Parks Road, Oxford this afternoon, passing Keble College. Dark grey M100, didn't catch whether it was SE or S2, Top down, male driver. Probably didn't make much of someone in a red Volvo flashing lights

-

DABgp
- Sadly departed but never forgotten
-
- Posts: 120
- Joined: Mon 12.08.2013, 11:23
- Location: North West England
by Fredjohn » Thu 25.09.2014, 20:31
A34 southbound nr Scotney services 6.45pm red Elan hood up reg KEN20N. Flashed, waved, thumbs up but was in CLK so he was a bit bemused.
La vie passe vite: vivez la avec élan.
Elan SE turbo 1992
Emira 2023
Mercedes Benz C200 estate
Lotus Evija Danish edition
-

Fredjohn
- God
-
- Posts: 2538
- Joined: Tue 21.08.2012, 00:30
- Location: Malvern, Worcs
by novacaine » Fri 26.09.2014, 16:05
Black SE with the hood down by Manston airport, gave each other a wave
1994 Lotus Elan S2 #170 (Steel Blue)
-

novacaine
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 428
- Joined: Tue 07.06.2011, 18:16
- Location: Birchington, Kent, United Kingdom
by DaveT » Sat 11.10.2014, 10:19
Shamed!!!!!!! 10/10/14
Wragby Road, Bardney.
Red SE HOOD UP!!!!!!! Beautiful afternoon.
*14N XX
Waved like mad from CLK
D
THE PIMPERNEL MOD
Don't get mad- get even!!
Good days are Elan days
-

DaveT
- Sadly departed but never forgotten
-
- Posts: 2183
- Joined: Fri 04.11.2005, 17:35
- Location: Lincs
by Rice crispy » Sun 12.10.2014, 19:07
G plate PAC blue at the Canvey transport museum show today. Went past a few times but never met the owner. Had a north Kent lotus club sticker on the screen. Never came over to mine either.
-

Rice crispy
- God
-
- Posts: 1871
- Joined: Tue 16.06.2009, 11:48
- Location: brentwood essex
by Steve A » Sun 12.10.2014, 22:46

well bugger me two M100's on the island and I missed them both

"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
-

Steve A
- God
-
- Posts: 2662
- Joined: Tue 18.09.2007, 12:44
- Location: South East Essex
by Rice crispy » Mon 13.10.2014, 09:32
Yep was a good show as well, took a free bus ride to the seafront part of the show on a 20 seater bedford bus that was great and then came back on a opentop routemaster. Lots of different cars there as well.
-

Rice crispy
- God
-
- Posts: 1871
- Joined: Tue 16.06.2009, 11:48
- Location: brentwood essex
by Steve A » Mon 13.10.2014, 13:43
I didn't know it was happening until I saw this
The entry fee for the public was £6 adult and £4 for kids

"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
-

Steve A
- God
-
- Posts: 2662
- Joined: Tue 18.09.2007, 12:44
- Location: South East Essex
by Rice crispy » Mon 13.10.2014, 13:45
Yep peanuts especially if you like free bus rides on old buses

show had about 3-400 cars as well, weather was fine till about 3 as well. I went with the Essex Classics guys as not much happens on here

-

Rice crispy
- God
-
- Posts: 1871
- Joined: Tue 16.06.2009, 11:48
- Location: brentwood essex
by Ian T » Mon 13.10.2014, 21:25
lansledj wrote:Yep peanuts especially if you like free bus rides on old buses

show had about 3-400 cars as well, weather was fine till about 3 as well. I went with the Essex Classics guys as not much happens on here

I can see I need to get out and about a bit more, would love to meet up on a dry day and say hello - wet days would be a pain at the moment as the seals on mine resemble a colinder and I haven't yet fitted the bits I got from Jamie. :$
You guys aren't even very far from me!
Ian.
Ex-happy owner of no 117, built 1st May 1990.

-

Ian T
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 465
- Joined: Fri 27.06.2014, 00:59
- Location: Orpington, Kent
-
by Rice crispy » Mon 13.10.2014, 21:54
Ian happy to meet up. Was meant to be going to Dunmow tomorrow night to meet Basher and Lotusnut but have to be in London all day so not sure what time I will be back. Happy to meet closer to you as well.
-

Rice crispy
- God
-
- Posts: 1871
- Joined: Tue 16.06.2009, 11:48
- Location: brentwood essex
by Steve A » Mon 13.10.2014, 22:38
I haven't yet fitted the bits I got from Jamie. :$
You guys aren't even very far from me!
Ian.

I am very much in the process of replacing my seals, and going very well it is to

"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
-

Steve A
- God
-
- Posts: 2662
- Joined: Tue 18.09.2007, 12:44
- Location: South East Essex
by chipp » Sat 18.10.2014, 13:46
TWO TODAY.
One near Wymondham, H106? red SE mature chap hood down (respect) don't know if he is on here.
And yellow S2, I presume was Shaun. Near Carrow Road traffic lights, I bibbed and put my hand up (caddy van)
chipp
92SE written off
95S2 sold
91SE sold
-

chipp
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 478
- Joined: Tue 02.02.2010, 20:47
- Location: Wymondham nr Hethel
by TrevorB » Tue 21.10.2014, 20:56
A322 Worplesdon, Surrey - Red SE at 9 o'clock this morning. On roundabout so didn't catch any of number plate.
I was in the Honda.
Silk Red SE Turbo
Short shift conversion with BB aluminium cables
HiSpec front brakes
PNM rear brakes
Piper Exhaust
Aluminium radiator
Closed Loop conversion
Kilimanjaro chip
-

TrevorB
- Wannabe Princess
-
- Posts: 883
- Joined: Sun 23.01.2011, 21:18
- Location: Gravesend, Kent
by Fredjohn » Sun 26.10.2014, 18:11
In Malvern parked outside Nag's Head pub yellow S2 M976UMU (?) belonging to AndyL: he was sitting in it at the time. Said hello and had a brief chat. Nice to meet another local ish LECer
La vie passe vite: vivez la avec élan.
Elan SE turbo 1992
Emira 2023
Mercedes Benz C200 estate
Lotus Evija Danish edition
-

Fredjohn
- God
-
- Posts: 2538
- Joined: Tue 21.08.2012, 00:30
- Location: Malvern, Worcs
by Fredjohn » Sun 26.10.2014, 18:13
Today in Ledbury this:

Not quite an M100, but couldn't resist posting. Always wanted one since I built the Airfix kit as a lad and envied John Steed in his

La vie passe vite: vivez la avec élan.
Elan SE turbo 1992
Emira 2023
Mercedes Benz C200 estate
Lotus Evija Danish edition
-

Fredjohn
- God
-
- Posts: 2538
- Joined: Tue 21.08.2012, 00:30
- Location: Malvern, Worcs
by adster » Mon 15.12.2014, 21:04
Today on the London road (A13) in Hadleigh, palacio, hood down, about 14:45.
““A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.”” - Jeremy Clarkson
-

adster
- Tinkerer
-
- Posts: 57
- Joined: Mon 14.10.2013, 17:13
- Location: Southend on sea.
Return to General
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests