I thought I ought to share my method of removing the red interior door lock 'thingy' that even Lotus say will break when removed.
I had various M100 Elans since Oct 95 and hate to think how many times I've had the door trim off and never yet used the replacements I have handy.
My method is dead easy to get them out and you can reuse them as long as you don't mind a tiny (1/16th") hole in them.
What you need is a little brass hook like this...
Drill a 1/16th inch hole into the centre of the red 'thingy' and screw in the hook, grip with pliers and just pull straight out...
this is what you get
as you can see, still intact and reusable if you wish... If you do reuse it, it looks like this..
I'm happy to live with a tiny hole and be able to remove and replace it at will, but the choice is yours...
still think it's by far the easiest method to get them out..
Phil
