theelanman wrote:I am aware of some possible discontent within the CL line up.....and my local CL didnt want to know anyone who owned a car that got past about 1966
this meeting is sort of LEC/TLF/LEF...amongst others......
the pub is also full of Lotus memorabilia....and a big carpark

Not a case of 'the more, the merrier' then. Think I know what you mean about CL - I had Scimitar GTE's from 74 to 86 in Herts, then Suffolk, until I got the Eclat, when in Suffolk.
Reliant Sabre & Scimitar Owners Club (RSSOC) was fairly active in Herts and Suffolk but particularly so in Essex, and most owners were doing all their own maintenance and tuning. Pub meets were all about fixing problems and lending tools, but Essex also had car rallies/treasure hunts, trips to Essex Police HQ to have training on the skidpan, visits to Brian Hart, who at the time was a Ford Tuning Specialist and sold re-profiled cams and modified head for the Essex V6 and all good fun.
Bit of a shock when I got the Eclat and joined Club Lotus and found my first South Suffolk/North Essex pub meet talk was dominated by how much Mick Miller was charging to rebuild this or fix that on Elans or Elan Plus 2's and a couple of Turbo Esprit drivers who'd actually arrived in their cars considered themselves a class above everybody - and a person who worked on his own car must be just an oil-rag. A member organised a pub meet in Stowupland that ran for quite a while with more sociable owners turning up ,some with oily fingernails... but numbers slowly reduced and it stopped during a nasty winter period and never got going again as far as I know.
Shortly after I got my first SE in 95 my village pub (when we had one) got visited by East Anglian Lotus Drivers who parked a good cross section of models in the car park so I had a beer with them and joined for a year. They used to vary the pubs to meet at but now seem to have fixed on Half Moon Inn, Rushall near Diss on 2nd Monday of the month. At least that won't clash. I presume first 3rd Monday will be 15th June for Bird in Hand, Wrennigham...
birdinhandwreningham.com/gallery/Gallery photo 4 suggests we should be welcome...