Greetings from Sunny Cornwall!!!
Yes there are other Elan owners and drivers in this part of the South West. I have owned my 1990 Calypso Red Elan SE A2WER since September 2007.
Originally I was living and working in Hampshire; then, for Southern Counties Fuels, before changing jobs to work for WurthUK on their Cargo Division in 2008, whilst in there employment I transfered to the vacant Cornwall area in October 2010 and eventually, following my house sale up in Hampshire, moved down to Holsworthy in Devon just before Christmas 2011, then another sale of house took me West of the Tamar to Cornwall (Kernow) in May of 2013.
I initially joined Club Lotus in 2007 and later became a SELOC member after talking to some of their other members at Hethel during the '60th' Celebrations held there in 2008. I attended Club Lotus meetings at the then "Hog's Lodge" at Clanfield until moving down to the South West, where I made contact with other Club Lotus South West members during 2011 and have continued to stay with this mixed crew of LOTUS LOVERS right through to the present day. Thanks to local Chairman,(Organiser and all round Good Egg:) Mick Husselbee, what was at the time a core of about half a dozen of us, has now gradually built up to a much larger mixed group of Lotus Owners and enthusiasts that attend monthly meetings, regular attendance is now in the high teens or twenties at monthly meetings and social gatherings and drive outs.
clublotussouthwest.co.uk please see the 2017 Diary events page on the website for a list of this years meetings and activities, and if any one from LEC is down in this part of the South West for work or holidays and can make it along to any of the events on the itinery you would all be made most welcome!
Take care all.
"Keep the Shiny Side Up!"
Cheers from,
Nigel Pavey
ElanDriverA2WER.